Author Topic: Last outing this weekend and year end pics  (Read 1226 times)

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Last outing this weekend and year end pics
« on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:24 PM »
Got out on 3 different lakes on saturday hunting for fish.  Two of the 3 lakes were a complete bust, we found fish but absolutely couldn't get them to bite.  The one lake we did manage to catch about a dozen fish or so.  Yesterday (Sunday) I got out again and met a buddy who had found some fish and had a nice pile going when I got there.  Ice was appeared to be in decent shape under the slush.  I didn't measure but it probably had 8" or so of clear ice.  The edges were going pretty fast though.  The fish were stacked up and we put a hurting on em.  We managed to stay on the fish for a while and when we left the fish were still biting great, but we had enough to clean. 

I could probably get out a couple more times, but i'm not going to push it.  Overall had a good year and lots of fun.  First part of the year I had some good outings, middle to end of January was a little slow for me.  February picked up with some great fishing again.  I had a  blast getting out on Erie for the first time on my own.  The fishing wasn't stellar out there, but the adventure factor was high.  The last of the year here in March had some of the best outings.  Here is some more pic's from throughout the year.

Redneck fish finder

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
Re: Last outing this weekend and year end pics
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:30 PM »
Nice pics...thanks for sharing them.  Looks like a good year to me.  LOL at the buns up kneeling pic at the end!!!!   :o :o

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:33 PM »
Awesome pics man! Hey it was great talking to you this year. Maybe next season we can get after them together on the Big Lake!
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Nice pics...thanks for sharing them.  Looks like a good year to me.  LOL at the buns up kneeling pic at the end!!!!   :o :o

That's what you get when you fish with a photographer (cmoore09).  You never know when he's going to take a picture of someone doing something stupid, he can't help himself.

Jigmup - Would love to make the trip to the big lake again next year.  I had some of the most fun of the year out there.  I was really hoping to get back out there last weekend, but just didn't feel comfortable heading out on big water.  I can't believe the weather broke so fast.  The couple of weekends before I was tied up and couldn't make the trip.

Offline Gill Gitter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Good friends -- Great times
« Reply #4 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:12 PM »
Looks like a great season! Congrats

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 16, 2015, 04:16 PM »
Should be enough to tide you over until spring!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #6 on: Mar 17, 2015, 09:55 AM »
great pics, thanks for sharing them tater. :clap:
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline tightliner812

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 17, 2015, 01:16 PM »
Looks like you had a great year .

Offline walleyedan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I live for ICE fishing!!!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 22, 2015, 08:52 PM »
Looks like a great year for you.  Nice pics.  I've got to learn how to get the pics on this site.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.