Author Topic: Big Pigeon Lake Pike Video  (Read 1244 times)

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
Big Pigeon Lake Pike Video
« on: Mar 16, 2015, 04:46 AM »

This is the video from the pic I posted the other day. Nice little fight with the old pike. This is the biggest Northern Pike I have caught at Pigeon lake so it was pretty surprising. Even though there is the odd giant pike in the lake they really are few and far between. We caught quite a few pike this day and hopefully it is a good sign for the future. It would be nice to see more big pike again one day in this lake. They sure are fun to catch! I think this was actually 6 pound test when I checked afterward and caught on a Jig and Minnow just when setting up the Jaw Jacker. After watching my underwater footage I actually hooked this fish on the jaw Jacker before this but he got off. That underwater footage to come eventually. Really amazing underwater stuff. I learned so much from watching it I think I'm going to have to commentate on that video so people understand the context and get as much out of the video as possible.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Big Pigeon Lake Pike Video
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2015, 11:59 AM »
Very nice pike Brandon!  For what ever reason the short cut URL that you posted did not work for me and I had to go to your youtube home page to find it.

It's nice to see.

I know I have stopped targeting pike in Pigeon in an effort to allow them to recover. It's nice to see there are still some in there.

Would love to see the underwater footage when it's ready.

Offline Brandon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2015, 12:20 PM »
Thanks I fixed the link.
THE FISHING DOCTORS ADVENTURES https://www.youtube.com/user/Brandonkop

Offline cube3

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2015, 03:39 PM »
Thanks I fixed the link.

Works now.