Author Topic: marcum question  (Read 1004 times)

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
marcum question
« on: Mar 15, 2015, 10:38 PM »
I have an Ice Troller 2.0 and I added the "Performance Package" for easier, sturdier use.
My question is this: I have a 12v battery as well as the 6 AA batteries, and while using t this weekend (it was charged of Friday) the device shut off halfway through today. I checked the battery level and it was under 30%.
When I disconnected the 12v plug and checked the battery level again it was 44%.

When you have the performance pack with the 12v attachment and the AA batteries, does the device drain power from both at the same time?
Just had me wondering if I should just use the AA batteries first and then hook up the 12v?
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline pete/ny

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: marcum question
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:25 AM »
seems like 30% would still power the unit and 44% definitely would. I have the same unit and it will last 3 days before it goes dead. May want to call Marcum and get their thoughts. I have had mine since they first came out and it has been a great unit. I don't even use my marcum VX-1Pro anymore and I may be thinking of selling it. Good luck.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #2 on: Mar 16, 2015, 08:56 AM »
It doesn't drain the AAs when hooked to the 12volt battery.and my old troller 2.0 would shut down around 30 percent too or wouldn't run that good.it runs off 1 or the other not both batteries.just having the AA batteries out in the cold drains them fast.and I would charge the 12 volt after every use.if you have the perf. pack just take the AA batteries out.i could get about 2 days maybe with a 7 ah battery.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 16, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Thanks, that's just what the "Dr." ordered !!

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.