The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: offically done  (Read 3676 times)

Offline Rizzman

• Team IceShanty Regular
offically done
« on: Mar 12, 2015, 04:43 PM »
well I just got done putting everything away for this year. It's time to start getting boats ready for open water. I truly love ice fishing ,but it's time to switch. until next season, GOOD LUCK fellas and for those working the late ice, please be carefull

Offline Kov619

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: offically done
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2015, 05:10 PM »
Rizzman    .i think I'm with you time to hang up my ice cleats....once again. Just finished  cleaning 25  crappie...that. I got today....was a good long  winter with great ice. The lake I was on today had 16 ins of ice. Starting to honey comb from top ans bottom. ...4 ins of soft ice on top ...white ice near shore so that is it for me  used a plank to ge on and off today....with the rain coming. With wind will cut the ice we have pretty good...my boat is ready to hit the water,,,,just need. To hook. Up gas line and battery...put a quick charge . Had a lot of time on the ice retirement  is great....
Bad ice is bad for your health....walk with care....

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:25 PM »
I am doing the same.  Edges look like they are getting sketchy and I'm sure there is still safe ice out there but the risk is not worth it to me.  I want to be around to fish next season and many more after that.  Time to get my gear ready for the river, ice out pannies and then trout season.  Plus I have some beaver to catch for a landowner.  I'm running out of days in the season to get them caught.  Good luck and stay safe everyone.  Tight lines!

Offline panfishnut51

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2015, 08:30 PM »
I'm going to fish it tomorrow and that's the end of my ice season as well

Offline ice-phanatic

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 13, 2015, 12:47 AM »
Still plenty of time left. Another 2-3 weeks. Now it's just time to bring out the plank to get on. Hip waders work just as well, trust me haha.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2015, 04:27 AM »
I'm not done yet.  I checked four spots near my house and there's still good ice and the shores are still good.  Now they're saying around 1/4 of an inch of rain so if that's all we get we might get another week or two up this way.  I sure hope so.

Offline JPascavage52

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 13, 2015, 07:41 AM »
Still got a week or two here.
Pro staff for:

Liquid Mayhem
Titan Tungsten
Lunker City
Toad Thumper Lures

Youtube channel:
www.youtube.com/johnpascavagefishing/videos

CowDawg

« Reply #7 on: Mar 13, 2015, 08:35 AM »
Pretty much close to being done here too.. even though I had a late start. Maybe a trip or 2 yet???
But the couple times I got out I had a great time!! 

Time to get out the fly rods and gear ready.. pondering a trip to Pulaski for some Steel if all goes well. 

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 13, 2015, 10:03 AM »
NEED 3 MORE TIMES TO MAKE IT 40 FOR THE YEAR. SHOULD BE NO PROBLEM  FOR SAT, SUN, MON.

Offline clayboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 13, 2015, 11:53 AM »
waxies and spikes down the hole last night....the fork is in

Offline Rizzman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 13, 2015, 02:59 PM »
Kov, you are making me jealouse with retirement. I have 23 months to go for that and cannot wait. I do get days off in the middle of the week, so I am only getting a tease now and then.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Mar 13, 2015, 03:09 PM »
Another outstanding year 40 plus Ziploc bags in the freezer. The 9th was my last trip,I'd rather be safe than sorry. I've been ice fishing since I was 7,so 55 years on top is a good thing. Did all the crazy stuff and got away with it when I was younger after going through a few years back,makes you realize it's not worth PUSHING IT. I can't wait till next season. I been buying a lot of stuff on sale. Now's the time for great deals.

Offline PanFi$her

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 13, 2015, 03:12 PM »
I plan on getting out this weekend, but i think that will be it.

Offline beeverfishing

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 13, 2015, 07:13 PM »
Same here.. everything put away, getting a list made for the wanted / needed items for open water and the boat.
But I'll still be here on and off all summer.  Can be mid summer and I'm still thinking about the ice  lol.. 

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #14 on: Mar 13, 2015, 07:36 PM »
gonna fish Sunday all day, Wednesday and probably a day next weekend, pending on the weather.  Just need to be careful.  Was on the lake 2 days ago and had 22 inches yet…4 bad ice.  Nez

Offline iceintioga

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 14, 2015, 06:04 AM »
We are all "reluctant" to see the season go...
A lot of cold weather this year, and wind,
But I am not a traitor, I don't want the season to end.....

"Ah, when to the heart of man
   Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
   To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
   Of a love or a season?"

Robert Frost- from "Reluctance"

ford

Offline digger953

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • build a bridge an float under it
« Reply #16 on: Mar 14, 2015, 02:24 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
well put ford ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline stanpjr

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #17 on: Mar 14, 2015, 02:51 PM »
Hoping to get out tomorrow, if rain didn't kill it to bad, hopefully Sullivan county next Saturday, then I think ice may be done. Dammmm, going to miss it till next season.

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 14, 2015, 03:18 PM »
We are all "reluctant" to see the season go...
A lot of cold weather this year, and wind,
But I am not a traitor, I don't want the season to end.....

"Ah, when to the heart of man
   Was it ever less than a treason
To go with the drift of things,
   To yield with a grace to reason,
And bow and accept the end
   Of a love or a season?"

Robert Frost- from "Reluctance"

ford  Well said Ford
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline Budwaystone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 14, 2015, 03:49 PM »
Anybody fishing Zion church Sunday, just looking for backup, grandson's on timeout!

Offline Ice-beast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Mar 14, 2015, 05:46 PM »
I like the quotes , we'll its time to admit the ice is done time to drain the gas and put everything away , now its time for the  softies to join the us  out on the rivers and lakes

Offline capt.crappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 24, 2015, 07:54 PM »
At this point Id have to say I'm officially done. I doubt ill be making a trip up north. Unless someone makes me an offer to go. I'm always wanting 1 more trip  @)

Offline icehippy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 24, 2015, 11:25 PM »
sorry so late capt but had 12 of black ice on the big o on monday. yes had to use the ladder to get on but it was still good ice. didnt have to take the wades there yet. would like to do a trip up north but i will prob take the youngins out for the youth trout. dk if i will hit the cove at ant. or hit a local creek. anyway its been a good year on the ice n settin records for latest ice around here. cud probably push it farther but i just about had enough of it. to do list is gettin to long. ;D see u round later! :tipup:

Offline NEZ

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Good fishing and safe ice
« Reply #23 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:09 PM »
Just got back from the lake for the last time this season.  Not gonna be able to get out again for at least a week, so figured ice will be unsafe by then, esp. if we get the rain and warm temps.  Had an OK season when compared to last year.  Met a lot on new friends on the ice and got a really nice perch and a really good gill, both are going to the taxidermist.  Gonna make  a nice pedestal mount with both of them.  For all that is going a few more times, just be careful and hopefully you get a big one.  Nez

Offline paulinpa

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Mar 28, 2015, 09:38 PM »
    Still got the plank on the truck. Got to give PI a go, probably Tuesday, and that might just do it.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #25 on: Mar 29, 2015, 04:16 AM »
Up here in the Northeast there's some places that still have good ice.  I have my eye on a couple that might have good ice for the first day of Trout but time will tell.

Offline smally hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #26 on: Mar 29, 2015, 07:26 PM »
There was 2 dozen or more out of chestnut today

Offline keith hess

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 29, 2015, 08:51 PM »
Did my last walk today another great year 70 some largemouth bass and some panfish.Always a good time with my friend's and some new friend's.How bout it 20 inches of ice this year where I fished.Tomorrow ill clean up my gear and get ready for next year.If your still going out please be safe and take care.Everybody have a great year and see you in December or maybe sooner.

Offline after-4

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #28 on: Mar 30, 2015, 06:12 AM »
YEH ITS OVER FOR ME TO. THE FISH ARE NOT REALLY COOPERATING ON THE LAKE I FISH. THAT HAS BEEN THAT WAY FOR 2 WEEKS . MUST BE ALL THE STORMS AND THE WATER CHANGEING STUFF. STILL 12 '' ICE AND GOOD SHORES . ALTHOUGH I WOULD LIKE IT 50 TIMES OUT WITH MY NEXT TRIP . PRETTY BUSY WITH EASTER WEEK AND STUFF.

Offline shiver318

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #29 on: Mar 30, 2015, 12:51 PM »
Finished the ice season Saturday, ice gear put away and the first day it hits 50 degrees the boats coming out of storage! Stay safe my friends!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.