The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Auger sale  (Read 1165 times)

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
Auger sale
« on: Mar 12, 2015, 08:41 AM »
Last trip out my auger blew up, took it apart and rod bearing went out and a needle from the bearing ended up in the cylinder, DEAD!! So I am looking for some info on who has augers on sale. Sport-shops or individual?

thanks for the help

Offline Shakedown St.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Auger sale
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2015, 09:26 AM »
Last time I was through Bob Wards and Sportsmans Warehouse all of their remaining gear was on sale.  It seems they don't get a whole lot of augers to begin with, so doubt there are any left.....at least here in Bozeman.  I would look online, as that opens up closeouts across the country!

Offline eyewinder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:00 PM »
You might want to try putting up what you are looking for on icefishing message boards. . .if used appeals to you?
"We are hunters. . .when the buffalo are gone, we will hunt mice. . ."  Sioux war chief

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:16 PM »
I have bought a couple of augers from Reed's. Another one that's really good is Fleet Farm. If you watch they will have good sales and usually free shipping on them too.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Not sure what type of auger you have ...you may want to just buy a power head..if the drill unit is good / effective

http://www.drockicecenter.com/strikemaster-power-heads/
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline mthuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:10 PM »
Most end of the year clearance sales are starting and I think many of the Shanty's sponsors have stuff on sale right now.  It seems the bigger stores started clearing things out about a month ago to make room for turkey stuff.

Is there a chance a local small engine mechanic could rebuild the motor?  If that doesn't work the idea of just buy a powerhead if the auger would probably be the next cheapest alternative.  I know if I did it again, I'd go electric or drill option since I rarely drill more than 20 holes in a day.

Offline zimmer2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Thanks for all the input, I am going to order a power head.

Best deal I found was DEMO 3HP SOLO w/ 1 year warranty for $295 shipped. So now I guess I have some spare parts for a 2HP LazerMAG Express if someone is in need, minus  cylinder/piston/rod :)

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #7 on: Mar 12, 2015, 08:06 PM »
Guess you had a Strike Master ...glad I could help ... ;)
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline coldcreekchris

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Mar 12, 2015, 09:30 PM »
 I got a ten inch jiffy that's only 4 yrs old....probably only needs a carb clean...but worst case scenario you could get a replacement carb for $90 on amazon.. I would sell it for $100.....it has only cut 50 holes in its life...tecum engine....I am becoming a horder and need to rid myself of some stuff.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.