Author Topic: Hottest Lures  (Read 1273 times)

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hottest Lures
« on: Mar 11, 2015, 11:22 PM »
I read about what works in some bodies of water and usually get suckered into buying one or a few lures in the hopes that maybe they will work where I fish .........most don't ? I remember the Chubby Darter being a hot jig based on discussions on Lake Winnipeg , bought two or three and have yet to get a single hit on my body of water ? The only one that I get the best results with have been the Genz for perch and the Swedish Pimple for walleye ,perch ,and of course the pike . I know there was some talk about a white Swedish Pimple , but have yet to locate one here , the USA has them ? But again I'm curious as to what everyone has had the best luck with ? maybe there is a lure that will work for me or some one else ??
Enjoy The Ride ,You only Get One Chance

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
Re: Hottest Lures
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2015, 11:29 PM »
Pink jig with a medium size spoon attached!!! Catch with it all the time!!! Work good for me, nice and easy sometimes does the trick
"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2015, 11:45 PM »
Pink jig with a medium size spoon attached!!! Catch with it all the time!!! Work good for me, nice and easy sometimes does the trick
What would the jig/spoon rig be called ? I have numerous jig heads , colors as well as glow , some with the small ? propeller ? that is supposed to create a disturbance or something when lifted ?

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2015, 10:38 PM »
Not to beat my own posting to death here ...................any one have any success with rattle jigs ? nephews friend apparently was slamming them with a summer Rapala Rattling lure ? Nephew said he was having action all day on the thing ?   

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2015, 11:30 PM »
The ones with the propeller are northland whistler jigs. The wife uses those always and has success on a regular basis. There are also northland thumper jigs and I believe there called oddball's which have with a big blade in front of the jig head. You can actually feel the hard resistance when you pull up.
Tomorrow will tell, be rigged with 2 different targets on couple rods, heddon sonar on the backup rod, buckshot on another and a buckshot glider spoon on the last. Hopefully we aren't chasing to much, it's run and gunn tomorrow .

Offline Blue Mago

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 13, 2015, 12:15 AM »
Thanks FishCamp 24-7, I believe I have a few of the propeller jig heads , gold if I recall correctly , but I`ll have to check into that other one you call oddball , if rattling jigs work then something that disturbs the water and flash`s should work maybe where I fish ,

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.