Author Topic: Balsome Harbour  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
Balsome Harbour
« on: Mar 11, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Anyone out last couple days, wondering if that hump melted a bit at the end of the harbour, we were bottoming out pretty hard on something, thinking it was rocks off the water break but not sure.

Offline Andre1

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Balsome Harbour
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2015, 08:18 PM »
I was there yesterday and no problems at all with that hump.  I made my own track over it.  The entrance into the harbour is ugly but it was good yesterday.

Fishing SUCKED in the entire Balsam Bay/Beaconia/Stony Point/Pruden Creek areas.  As well as along the pressure ridge west of Pruden Creek that runs north forever.

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2015, 11:49 PM »
I was there yesterday and no problems at all with that hump.  I made my own track over it.  The entrance into the harbour is ugly but it was good yesterday.

Fishing SUCKED in the entire Balsam Bay/Beaconia/Stony Point/Pruden Creek areas.  As well as along the pressure ridge west of Pruden Creek that runs north forever.

Thanks Andre, I'm heading out Friday, hopefully thinks change with the fish, planned on starting north of the harbor and working to prudens.  Lw has been good to me all winter up until the last 2 weeks.

Offline fiveontheice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:14 AM »
was the nets still out north of the harbour form shore going west to ridge

Offline Fish Camp 24-7

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:23 AM »
I'll have a look on Friday when I'm out. I've been south of the harbour most of the season. Didn't know you were on here Paul.

Offline fiveontheice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 12, 2015, 08:33 AM »
yes been on here for a few years, don't post much on here as info is clean here, like being sarcastic on that other place, you know like do we need an extension, man I could kill guys for asking that question, especially in March, have fun tomorrow and be careful, ridges moving like crazy

Offline The Cod Father

• IceShanty Rookie
  • We Know Where They Live
« Reply #6 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:01 PM »
Was out yesterday went south west , started 2.8 miles out by Pressure Ridge 2 small burbot moved down about a 1/4 of a mile Another Small Burbot!!
Ran towards the mouth about a 1.5 miles back , Then Jammed my auger , I had a Pipe wrench with me and still took me about 50 minutes to get it out
 I was really close to donating :%$#!: It The ice down there was about 50 Inches I have a 42 inch Flight and 12 inch Ext and i was buried to the power head , Rough ride on the sled only traveled at about 8 to 10 kph .Sled was running a little rough due warm Temps Sled should be re-jetted for warm weather operation.  On the way back i took a tour North of the harbour and there were post's sticking out of the ice running on a North to Northwest Pattern I assumed they were Nets. That in a nutshell was my day I'm done for the season , Good Luck All  ,Stay Safe.
You come to me on this day of my daughters Wedding, And ask me to go fishing....Well O.K LETS GO

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.