Author Topic: Batterson  (Read 9750 times)

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
Batterson
« on: Mar 08, 2015, 10:02 AM »
Anybody have a report from Batterson?
 Gonna head out there tomorrow morning.

Offline jdpsm3

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Batterson
« Reply #1 on: Mar 08, 2015, 05:11 PM »
No report but I did see 3-4 cars at the entrance and a few groups out Saturday afternoon.

Offline Yukon Rozz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 09, 2015, 05:21 AM »
Fished from 6am to 7pm out by north side of pond .We caught 2 big bass white and yellow perch and 2 short walters.Over all a good outting ,But not as good as I expected...Saw someone with pictures of big walters that were caught in open water so there are fish up to 30 " there just not at every spot.Good luck to all who go .Just watch the road in as it is all ice the town never plowed the lauch .

Offline PerchFace

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 09, 2015, 07:17 AM »
Fished from 6am to 7pm out by north side of pond .We caught 2 big bass white and yellow perch and 2 short walters.Over all a good outting ,But not as good as I expected...Saw someone with pictures of big walters that were caught in open water so there are fish up to 30 " there just not at every spot.Good luck to all who go .Just watch the road in as it is all ice the town never plowed the lauch .
I love hearing about 13 hour days. Good job DIE HARD! Puttin in time
Gunna freak fish out through the ice this year

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #4 on: Mar 10, 2015, 08:02 AM »
Planning on heading there Friday afternoon,Maiden voyage on the ice at Batt, Looking for a few good men or Women,staying an hour or so after dark, Walter maybe in trouble. Let me know if interested? Temps in the 40's

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 10, 2015, 08:10 AM »
im down for friday! i might hit it tonight for a little while jiggin, see how it goes
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 10, 2015, 10:26 AM »
i believe im going to be heading there friday with a few guys  to do some jigging
looks like it may be a buisy day

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 10, 2015, 02:42 PM »
Two Jawjackers, 4 indian hill style tip ups for me. big baits,Beer batter, peanut oil in that order.

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 10, 2015, 02:54 PM »
Anyone know what has been working for bait?

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Mar 10, 2015, 05:44 PM »
 Batt has not been open until this week its hard to say what will work, The old stand by are 3 1/2 to 4 " minnows, or small suckers, My go to for fishing for walleyes anywere.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 10, 2015, 06:37 PM »
went jigging tonight for a bit 2-630pm caught a few perch, drilled alot of holes didn't seem like anyone was chasing flags at all, access is very very slick and rutted. if you lack 4X4 go past the launch and come in off road, or park up near road and walk down launch road even if you have 4x4 its nasty!
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline zachrip99

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2015, 06:39 PM »
Went jigging from about 3-630 and got a bunch of perch. 1 small walleye and lost something huge at the hole. Couldn't see it but was probably bass or walleye

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:10 AM »
Thursday night getting cold, Friday will be a good day to go.

Offline stabilicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 12, 2015, 12:58 PM »
Octane, what time will you be at the launch? I will meet you there.

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Mar 12, 2015, 01:57 PM »
will be heading out a bit later in the day (11 maybe)  with a couple of guys,
Lets hope the fish are biting!

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 12, 2015, 02:10 PM »
I will be there between 2 and 3 friday afternoon, I'm interested in the late afternoon bite into darkness. I have picked a spot were walter should be, I have Navonics on my phone

Offline stabilicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2015, 06:49 PM »
Sounds like a plan for Walter. See ya there.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:27 PM »
i should be getting there about the same time as you octane, should be a good evening
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 12, 2015, 07:53 PM »
we will be fishing just before the front gets here, Bite should be on with late ice and all.with this many guys we will catch a few walters

Offline bowhunter095

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 12, 2015, 11:18 PM »
It has been VERY slow as far as walleye go. Small perch have been very plentiful though. I've spend a total of 22 hours on the ice out there at all different times and locations.

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 13, 2015, 04:29 PM »
Went out today,  met a few nice guys
Jigged out by the island  and caught one of the channel cats, and some other small stuff

Offline stabilicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 13, 2015, 10:44 PM »
Great meeting you on the Batt, had a great time even though Walter remained illusive.Fished until 10 ish.     

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 14, 2015, 08:38 AM »
Met up with Two of our own, Iceshanty Members,  Cticeman , Stabilicer. True icefishermen that put their time in .Parking was ok about 15 cars in lot,walking was slippery a few soft spots but not bad, Ice was 18 to 20" thick,water cloudy,Fishing was very slow, a few perch jigging by Cticeman,a few flags for Stabilicer,One swing and a miss on my jawjacker right at dark. One perch on Ct's tipup. I left  at 8:15. As Stabilicer said Walter remains very Illusive. It was nice to meet and fish with you guys ,True gentlemen, Looking forward to wetting a few lines in the up coming soft water season with these guys. Your ice season should go into april  Good luck

Offline KUBES90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hog Livin'
« Reply #23 on: Mar 14, 2015, 10:32 AM »
Went out yesterday after seeing this post. About an hour drive but god knows I've driven further. Got out on the ice, got my tip ups in and not a second passes before I get an emergency call home, had to leave. Now I've got the itch in me and thinking about braving the rain... sure it won't be too bad with foul weather gear and the shanty.
"And I'll be catching them northern pike like on a 10 pound test"- Kid Rock

Offline NewGuy123

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #24 on: Mar 14, 2015, 11:09 AM »
Met up with Two of our own, Iceshanty Members,  Cticeman , Stabilicer. True icefishermen that put their time in .Parking was ok about 15 cars in lot,walking was slippery a few soft spots but not bad, Ice was 18 to 20" thick,water cloudy,Fishing was very slow, a few perch jigging by Cticeman,a few flags for Stabilicer,One swing and a miss on my jawjacker right at dark. One perch on Ct's tipup. I left  at 8:15. As Stabilicer said Walter remains very Illusive. It was nice to meet and fish with you guys ,True gentlemen, Looking forward to wetting a few lines in the up coming soft water season with these guys. Your ice season should go into april  Good luck
im assuming you were the folks  who went out and fished by the island   shorty after we moved off of in in hopes of trying to find the bite,
im assuming i met stabilicer, though i should have swung back over to meet you guys as well,

Offline stabilicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #25 on: Mar 14, 2015, 05:03 PM »
Walter is had so much easier on the softwater than the hard for me but it aint over till the fat lady sings and its looking like she wont be singing til sometime in April.   

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 14, 2015, 06:25 PM »
Going to go out Tuesday to try for the elusive Walter. He dousnt seem to cooperative there . :tipup:

Offline stabilicer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Mar 14, 2015, 07:37 PM »
Bugchaser goodluck Tuesday and go ice a keeper.

Offline bugchazer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 14, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Would have liked to fish with you and octane , but wife had other ideas. >:(

Offline KUBES90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hog Livin'
« Reply #29 on: Mar 14, 2015, 10:44 PM »
Theyre out there boys keep on pluggin away
"And I'll be catching them northern pike like on a 10 pound test"- Kid Rock