The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: UPDATE (2) OFFICIAL FINDINGS- OFFICIAL COMPLAINT FILED w/ BPD.....CASE CLOSED!!!!  (Read 11602 times)

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
Sounds like a favorable outcome!  The icing on the cake would be hearing a recording of some waterfront owner on the horn with the cops getting educated.  Being left alone on safe ice on public water would be fine too, I suppose @)

:thumbsup: :clap: :callcops:

Offline Mr.Marinara

• IceShanty Rookie
Good work and thank you for standing up

Offline ThomT

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Hardwater Nut!
can't see out ranking a EPO in this state  since they are consider state police which I would guess out ranks a local officer

Offline derekinhawaii

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: UPDATE (2) OFFICIAL FINDINGS- OFFICIAL COMPLAINT FILED w/ BPD
« Reply #63 on: Apr 15, 2015, 03:44 PM »
The Belmont Police Department have concluded their investigation of my complaint against the responding officers, who over reached their authority by threatening us with arrest for not getting off the ice.   They have determined that the officers did not have the proper knowledge of the law and how it pertains to our presence on the ice.  They also determined that the officers did not have the proper knowledge of the pond/ice conditions to make a threat of arrest. I've attached the actual letter. 

Glad that this ended the way it did.  If it went the other way, I would have asked to be educated on why so that I could further educate myself.  Hopefully Belmont Official's will reach out to the Ice Fishing community to help them understand our sport.  And know that it can be enjoyable when we know what we are doing. and when it's safe. 

Ok time to start scuba diving for Lobsters and Scallops....
[/URL][/img]

Offline Monovasia

• Team IceShanty Regular
Impressive on both you and the BPD Chain of Command...Thanks for keeping us informed and thanks for taking the stand you did....

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:  Way to take a stand against them.  CONGRATS on the victory.  Now to work on the State Police 😉   Maybe then you can fish the Charles river in peace.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline MookieB

• Team IceShanty Regular
Common sense prevails... Wow when was the last time that happened? Good job!!

Offline capt.shay

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike and 'Eyes
Just saw this!  Way to stick with it.  Glad to see justice prevail.  Your tact could be used as a template for others in the future.

Again, Congrats.

"I will never stop targeting trophies, every skunk is one skunk closer to a giant "  RC

"We're going to sit around the shanty mama...."  Johnathan Edwards

"If you are going out there to figure it all out by yourself, well, ice has a
 learning curve second only to fire. I wish you the best of luck."    Looneyducer

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
Bumping this back to the top for new members or others who might have missed it.  Derek has done quite a bit of work to help make us all aware of our rights.  It's a shame to let it fall away to the back pages.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
Way to go man I've been pulling for ya!  Glad to hear your efforts paid off.  On behalf of all of us fishermen...Thank you!

Offline troutncrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
 ;D :tipup:.............. great job.
Drill um and fill um........

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.