The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone fishing NE PA Lakes  (Read 5254 times)

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
Anyone fishing NE PA Lakes
« on: Mar 05, 2015, 11:22 PM »
Anyone fishing in NE PA? I've been fishing at a private lake so I don't post it. It seems there are a lot of posts from other parts of the state saying they caught fish. I'm not saying you should give your secret spot, but just give some info on what fish are biting. ;D

Sorry, I guess I'm being a little pushy, but i have a problem. My gas auger broke and is in the shop for about a week. I'm going to try to use my hand auger this weekend. I would like to know where people were fishing so I won't have to drill fresh holes.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline pocono

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: NE PA Lakes
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2015, 06:54 AM »
With the wqrmer weather coming, you should not need you auger.  You will find holes all over the lakes after this weekend and you will probably just have to kick open skim ice on top.  Shohola has been very good the last two weeks.

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2015, 06:21 PM »
Watch out because the hole will open up more.  You don't want to get caught fishing in a hole that's greater than 10 inches across at the widest part, that'll get you a citation no doubt.

Offline mikelt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2015, 11:01 PM »
I'll be fishing wallenpaupack tomorrow.  You are welcome to come over and use my auger to drill. I'll be by the dike.

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
« Reply #4 on: Mar 07, 2015, 10:39 AM »
I'll b fishing Lily lake for some big slab crappie wanna join JMZ?

Offline Susky

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 07, 2015, 07:53 PM »
I hit one of the local ponds this afternoon and got skunked for the first time all season. Marked only a couple fish and couldn't buy a bite.  Drilled a bunch of holes but no luck.  I don't know what was up.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #6 on: Mar 07, 2015, 10:48 PM »

I'm staying off that place. I heard the NEPL guys fished it out. ;D
I'm heading to Shahola. I'l be flying my Ice Shanty Flag and wearing my new cap I just got in the mail. The cap is very good quality.
Thanks guys.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline prefect

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 08, 2015, 08:07 PM »

I fish Nuangola Lake all the time (fished it today in fact). I've never mdae the trip to Lily. Is it worth it?

Offline isthereiceyet89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "the Green Hornet strikes again!!!"
« Reply #8 on: Mar 09, 2015, 12:58 PM »
I fish Nuangola Lake all the time (fished it today in fact). I've never mdae the trip to Lily. Is it worth it?
its challenging sometimes but if you find them you can catch 2+lb crappies. Take a look at the lily reports page you will see a pic of me n my partner with some slabs!!!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #9 on: Mar 28, 2015, 11:04 PM »
Anyone still ice fishing. I feel safer when I see others on the ice. However, I bought a Garmin GPS incase I have to call 911. In Luzerne County they sometime get confused with similar names. I can give them the map location. I hope they can find me. ::)
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10 on: Mar 29, 2015, 04:11 AM »
I'm still fishing a few private lakes in NEPA, some places still have good ice.

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
Re: Anyone fishing NE PA Lakes
« Reply #11 on: Jan 13, 2016, 02:59 PM »
Lets get together and show the "Other ice fishing site in NE-PA" that we can post conditions too. It does not allow you to view conditions unless you are a member; maybe they need money for steak, lobster, or babysitting.
Our members are not afraid to tell others where they are biting or what rigs are working. You don't have to tell where your honey-hole is on the lake; just mention the lake. This is what true sportsmen do.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline Icefishin Wizz

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lurker for Life
« Reply #12 on: Jan 13, 2016, 03:56 PM »
Lets get together and show the "Other ice fishing site in NE-PA" that we can post conditions too. It does not allow you to view conditions unless you are a member; maybe they need money for steak, lobster, or babysitting.
Our members are not afraid to tell others where they are biting or what rigs are working. You don't have to tell where your honey-hole is on the lake; just mention the lake. This is what true sportsmen do.

Sounds like a Good idea where ya been fishin?

Offline DUGuy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Jan 13, 2016, 04:29 PM »
its challenging sometimes but if you find them you can catch 2+lb crappies. Take a look at the lily reports page you will see a pic of me n my partner with some slabs!!!

I'm not sure if this report is just joking around like the rest... Nuangola has maybe 2 inches with lots of open water in the middle. Checked it today in the late afternoon. 2 inches is even pushing it where I was checking.

I know the lily lake report was a joke. Thought I would add a picture so people don't get the wrong idea. No where near ready. Lots of open water unfortunately. Too much wind as of late and the snow isn't helping things.

mike

Offline fishhead28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Jan 13, 2016, 05:25 PM »
Seen a couple guys out this morning at Stevens lake going give it a try tomorrow

Offline ClayBird John

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Jan 13, 2016, 07:18 PM »
That's a five minute ride from my house and I didn't know it was ready yet.

Offline fishhead28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #16 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:10 PM »
I talked to a guy in Wal-Mart he was buying propane for his latern he was meeting his buddy up their that was Tuesday night said his buddy did good night before got a few calico

Offline lm26sk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Subie life!
« Reply #17 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:24 PM »
Once conditions are ideal come down to beltzville lake !

Offline TritonVT17

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Jan 13, 2016, 10:05 PM »
Does carey or winola have any good ice yet?

Offline fishhead28

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Jan 14, 2016, 05:47 AM »
the big side of carey was all open water that I could see from bridge that was yesterday

Offline ClayBird John

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #20 on: Jan 14, 2016, 03:56 PM »
Lake Stevens is ready but not Carey or Winola

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #21 on: Jan 16, 2016, 09:21 PM »
How about a holler from the guys that spent invested $20 on the other site to get some toothy rigs from FM. 
I can't afford to be on two sites; I have to pay a babysitter to go fishing. We are all sportsmen. Where's the ice?
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #22 on: Jan 16, 2016, 09:51 PM »
Hey guys, a little bird told me there is good ice in Susqquehanna County, White Oaks, Hunters, Toyyhanna, Goldsboro, Promised Land, and Stillwater. Check them out. I haven't been out because my father-in-law is in serious condition in the hospital. But maybe I'll get out on Mon when my son dinkmaster is off from school.
AKA Dinkmaster

Offline ClayBird John

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Jan 19, 2016, 01:57 PM »
Lake Carey still 50% open water , Oxbow has 25% open water and all on the Fish Comm. access side. Stevens is froze over and I saw 1 guy out in his Clam in the middle. Drilled a hole by the boat launch and had 6 inches of clear ice. Going out tomorrow on a private lake and maybe Stevens afterwards depending how we make out.

Offline Muddler200

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #24 on: Jan 20, 2016, 12:35 PM »
Was getting bait today owner said some fishermanare  on Francis Slocum. No report of how thick ice is

Offline tulenkot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #25 on: Jan 20, 2016, 04:40 PM »
Anyone have any idea about ice conditions around DWGNRA? I'd like to hit some of the lakes around bushkill.

Offline esoxnepa

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #26 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:08 AM »
Anyone have any idea about ice conditions around DWGNRA? I'd like to hit some of the lakes around bushkill.

Perhaps giving Dunkelberger's a call at (570) 992-3865 might get you some information.  I'm up in Pike County and ice is coming along, but safe on some lakes and not others.  They might be able to point you to safe ice. 

Offline boatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #27 on: Jan 21, 2016, 03:26 PM »
yep

Offline lm26sk

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Subie life!

Offline JMZ

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • AKA Dinkmaster
« Reply #29 on: Feb 05, 2016, 03:50 PM »
Checked Harris Pond in Sweet Vally. Only 2in near the shore. We need to get the lakes in PA on  a separate list.
AKA Dinkmaster

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.