Author Topic: Mazonia South unit Wilderness Area Short Rods and Sunshine  (Read 905 times)

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
Was out all day. hit the parking lot at 7:10 am and started the long trek back to some of the smaller lakes. Found only a few old holes visible under old snow not like long lake Swiss cheese. Drilled about 8-10 holes found fish suspended in 11 fow. Moved 3 times today all in the same 25 yard area in 11-14 fow. Best day in a month- we pounded them sitting in the Eskimo with the heat on. We had to change jigs often and the bigger jigs and spoons kept the smaller one's away color didnt matter the schools would come through every 10-15 minutes, caught close to 200 gills between 2 of use and 7 bass. Kept 46 gills all between 7.5-9.5 inches with the majority between 7.5-8.5. Now to spend the rest of my evening cleaning fish. The next week should be the best of the year so get out and get you some!!!!! ;D
Be Safe, Be Smart, Have a Great Time!!!

Offline ultraguy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Mazonia South unit Wilderness Area Short Rods and Sunshine
« Reply #1 on: Mar 06, 2015, 12:44 AM »
The next week should be the best of the year so get out and get you some!!!!! ;D

Thanks for the advice! Hopefully the pond I'm fishing in Plainfield is still putting out some nice Perch next week. Looking forward to filling my buckets again before ice out....

Poorboy

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 06, 2015, 06:49 AM »
Just be careful out there. By mid week I'm expecting the shore line to start getting bad. Safety first.

Offline Cantgetenough

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2015, 05:14 PM »
Was out all day. hit the parking lot at 7:10 am and started the long trek back to some of the smaller lakes. Found only a few old holes visible under old snow not like long lake Swiss cheese. Drilled about 8-10 holes found fish suspended in 11 fow. Moved 3 times today all in the same 25 yard area in 11-14 fow. Best day in a month- we pounded them sitting in the Eskimo with the heat on. We had to change jigs often and the bigger jigs and spoons kept the smaller one's away color didnt matter the schools would come through every 10-15 minutes, caught close to 200 gills between 2 of use and 7 bass. Kept 46 gills all between 7.5-9.5 inches with the majority between 7.5-8.5. Now to spend the rest of my evening cleaning fish. The next week should be the best of the year so get out and get you some!!!!! ;D
I forgot to update this last night we had only 39 keepers. Man I need to learn how to count we where 11 short of our limit-yes I cleaned them all...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.