The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: South Lake near Chelsea  (Read 552 times)

Offline highviews

• IceShanty Rookie
South Lake near Chelsea
« on: Mar 05, 2015, 12:18 PM »
I posted this in the other forum but I don't think many look at threads there. Anyone been hitting South? Thinking of going there or Joslyn Lake Sunday to find some slabs. I haven't fished there in quite a few years and was wondering if it's been producing. Not looking for hot spots, I've got my own auger, navionics, and Vexilar to find them myself LOL ;D 
Larry

Offline rayrayshort

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: South Lake near Chelsea
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2015, 09:18 PM »
Have not been this year done well on joslin by boat launch last year. Nice pike in there to.

Offline luckyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2015, 09:37 PM »
Have fished both in recent years! Hell I grew up on Joslin! Have never really smacked em good on neither lake! Not saying you can't find a few, but they can be hit or miss! They have recently been treating the weeds(milfoil) in Joslin the last few years! so the fishing has changed a little! I used to catch some real quality crappie outta Joslin! Tried for em a couple weeks ago and only caught dinks! South can be productive if u can separate from the pack! I've done well on the little lake that south connects to! But it's a hell of a walk without a machine!

Offline highviews

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 06, 2015, 06:40 AM »
Have fished both in recent years! Hell I grew up on Joslin! Have never really smacked em good on neither lake! Not saying you can't find a few, but they can be hit or miss! They have recently been treating the weeds(milfoil) in Joslin the last few years! so the fishing has changed a little! I used to catch some real quality crappie outta Joslin! Tried for em a couple weeks ago and only caught dinks! South can be productive if u can separate from the pack! I've done well on the little lake that south connects to! But it's a hell of a walk without a machine!
Are you talking about eagle lake or snyder lake that connects to South? Also, are canals that connect them good enough for a quad to drive on or is the flow too fast?
Larry

Offline luckyfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 06, 2015, 07:39 AM »
Pm sent

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.