The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Can someone help me  (Read 719 times)

Offline bighar

• IceShanty Rookie
Can someone help me
« on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:23 AM »
Can someone give me step by step instructions on how to post a picture? Thanks

Offline rayclargo

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Can someone help me
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:28 AM »
go to the help and faq at the top of the forum, step by step instructions there.

Offline bighar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2015, 11:10 AM »
go to the help and faq at the top of the forum, step by step instructions there.
Thanks

Offline jbritch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2015, 11:14 AM »
Here's what I do:

I'll assume you have a camera with a picture you want to share.  Download the picture off your camera into your computer and save (I always save it as a JPEG, don't know why but it seems to work best for me) it in a handy location that you can find easily.  Every camera is a little bit different, so I can't help you much with that.  Of course, you can always take pictures off the web (or scan something) if they're acceptable to the censors at PhotoBucket.

Then you'll have to create an account on PhotoBucket, only took me less than a minute.  When you're ready, Upload to PhotoBucket from your handy location, takes a second, seems slow to me, be patient and don't rush it.  Click the blue box that says Choose Photos and Videos.  Find your picture and choose your picture by clicking on it and click Open.  Your picture should have moved to PhotoBucket.  Click on Edit Photos (you don't have to wait for the ad to get done) and you should see your photo.  Click on it. 

Click resize and set the width at 600 and it will change the height accordingly (near 400). Click apply.  I then check the box to replace the original (don't need the old version) and click Save.  Give it a second and then on the next screen there will be 4 boxes on the right under Share Links.  I click on the bottom box (IMG) and it changes to yellow color to tell you it copied the url (watch closely, it happens fast).

Then go to the forum (I open a new tab so I can go back and forth quickly), log in if you have to, and click on New Topic.  Give it a subject heading and then click inside the dialogue box and then right click and click Paste.  You should see the url pop up but not the picture.  Hit preview to see how the picture looks.  Then Post it.  When you're ready to do another, just go back to PhotoBucket and click Upload at the top of the page.

Hope that works for you.

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2015, 11:16 AM »
I'm making this a separate post so members can find it easier  (updated 1-3-08)

Picture Posting Instructions;(from rgfixit with a few modifications)

Your photos must be stored online in order to post them.

You can open a free account with  www.photobucket.com, www.myfishingpictures. com, or www.hunt101.com

The following instructions are for photobucket account members:

To add an Avatar picture to your account...

1st - resize the picture you want to a maximum of 120 x 120 pixels on your computer.
2nd - open up another window to photobucket and upload that photo to your photobucket account.
3rd - Left click on "Direct Link" for that picture (this will copy the photo info)
4th - Open your Iceshanty "profile", then click on "forum profile information" and paste the address to the "I have my own picture" box and check that box. .
5th - Then click on the "change profile" button on the bottom right of that page.
Your avatar should now be displayed in all your posts. You can change your avatar at any time

To post pictures to the site...

1. Upload your pictures to your photobucket account.
2. Resize any pictures you'd like to post to a maximum of 400x600 pixels. Larger pictures distort the forum page and take longer to load. This can be done easily in Photobucket using the "Edit" options.
3. Open your photobucket album and find the photo you want to add. Click on the picture you want and then you will see "Image Links" on the right side of the page.  Put your mouse cursor over the  "IMG Code" and left click your mouse. (this will copy the photo info)
 4. Go to your post you want to add it to on iceshanty.com, right click and "paste" the info.
(if you copy the image code, it already has the "img" tags on the address and no further action is needed.)

For other photo storage sites that don't install the "img" codes onto your photo addresses, you'll have to add them manually.

The "Add BBC tags:" tool bar is at the top of every message dialog below the "Subject" dialog box and the "Message icon". In the lower row, click on the 2nd icon from the left...the "Insert Image" icon(it looks like a small picture).

The command [ img][/img] will appear in your text message.
Paste the address of your picture between the commands like this;
[ img]paste your image location here [ /img]
Be sure not to add any spaces or other characters.

Preview your post to be sure your picture is there and then choose post.

Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline bighar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2015, 01:46 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll give it a try.

Offline ICE_HOOK

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fish now or never !!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2015, 02:09 PM »
Thanks guys. I'll give it a try.
It takes patience and the more you do it everything will fall into place. When you post , Preview it 1st to make sure its there

Offline fishy1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2015, 02:41 PM »
i use postimage.org for the forums seems to be easier for me. was recommended to me from a site administrator.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.