The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: A Fine Day for Lakers  (Read 1389 times)

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
A Fine Day for Lakers
« on: Mar 04, 2015, 10:06 PM »
Hey guys, VTMatt invited me out to check out the laker bite with his girlfriend today out on Champlain. It did not disappoint! I went 3 for 9 on lakers - enough to limit out! Not bad for my first time getting them on the jig! The weather was perfect too - 38 degrees, partly sunny, and no wind at times. A day to remember for sure! The only downside? Having a roughly 18 pound laker come off at the hole with clear ice underfoot... Heartbroken.

Anyways, here's the video; hope you enjoy it! Good luck out there!  :)

PS: Please don't ask me where this is - if I even gave you a hint, Matt would stuff my head down one of these holes in the ice.

Offline HardWater518

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A Fine Day for Lakers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:45 AM »
The biggest ones always get away  :)

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:47 AM »
Nice vid Chris!  I didn't realize that first fish had a pectoral clip until now - so not wild. As for lunt - you're you right man. Ice
texture, pattern, thickness along with the fact that we were in fact were on a body of water that had land in the background is an absolute dead giveaway as to where we were.  Can you also tell me how deep we were fishing by the color of the ice? ::)

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2015, 04:22 AM »
Nice vid and nice fish!

Offline Fish Hard

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2015, 04:26 AM »
Awesome job and great video. Just curious if you guys were using electronics or fishin blind?

Offline gogetthegaff

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:40 AM »
Hey guys, VTMatt invited me out to check out the laker bite with his girlfriend today out on Champlain. It did not disappoint! I went 3 for 9 on lakers - enough to limit out! Not bad for my first time getting them on the jig! The weather was perfect too - 38 degrees, partly sunny, and no wind at times. A day to remember for sure! The only downside? Having a roughly 18 pound laker come off at the hole with clear ice underfoot... Heartbroken.

Anyways, here's the video; hope you enjoy it! Good luck out there!  :)

PS: Please don't ask me where this is - if I even gave you a hint, Matt would stuff my head down one of these holes in the ice.
Great video.
Ice fishing is a social activity that may occasionally be interrupted by the catching of fish.

Offline fatslabby

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:46 AM »
Great report/video!  I've only caught lakers using tip-ups, and would love to jig for some.  What are you guys jigging with?

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2015, 11:13 AM »
nice video some awesome fish there! I love to jig for Lakers over tip ups myself, lot more enjoyable!
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline Tirejockey

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2015, 11:48 AM »
Great video! Congrats on a great day!
Fish like crazy!

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
« Reply #9 on: Mar 05, 2015, 01:54 PM »
42 27.265'N / 73 15.160'W <--- that won't put you right in the pew but it'll put you in the church,give or take a hundred yards or so in either direction. Plus the broad lake is the only place that has clear black ice right now..

So how close was I?!?

Rutland is 43 'N so not sure where your getting 42.  Shelburne bay oakledge area park and proctor shoal is

Latitude:N 44° 27' 16.5425"

Longitude:W 73° 14' 7.0095"

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 05, 2015, 04:41 PM »
Nice video, thanks for sharing. Now that's a fun day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.