Author Topic: Summit  (Read 1869 times)

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Summit
« on: Mar 04, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Saw on another forum that bluegills, bass, and an occasional NICE walleye are biting.  Usual suspects never comment and then one (who never leaves reports or pictures) stated that they guessed they would find a different place to fish this weekend since there had been several positive posts lately and Summit would likely be swamped.  What a bunch of jerks.  No wonder no one posts reports on there or pictures anymore, unless you are part of the 'club'.

Haven't ice fished at all this winter cuz I am trying to show the Wee One the positive's of the outdoors and fellowship.  These guys that get all amped up about folks posting a positive report really turn me off and I don't want to share that with her.

There are other things to do that are fun.

Good luck out at Summit with 20" walleyes....along the dam (not damn....lol) might be a GREAT place to fish this spring!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Default Summit Walleye

We fished Summit on Saturday and did pretty well. We caught many decent sized bluegills, three decent bass, and this 21 inch walleye!! I was lucky to land it!! My anti reverse was off, so when I set the hook a bunch of line flew off. I reeled up and he was still on. He fought well and made a few drag stripping runs before he came to the top of the hole. Once he was at the top, he unhooked himself and my jig managed to pierce my brothers finger 😳. Luckily, I grabbed the fish before he got away!
       Click this bar to view the original image of 768x1024px.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

​Go Big Red!!

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to DoubleH For This Useful Post:

92proof (03-03-2015), Babbmj (03-03-2015), Bankliner (03-04-2015), bigjigs (03-03-2015), Bus (03-03-2015), fishing4eyes30+ (03-03-2015), Frosch (03-03-2015), grizzlyhackle (03-03-2015), Harold (03-03-2015), huntrfish (03-03-2015), jamesavp (03-03-2015), jamesreed (03-03-2015), johnnybswell (03-03-2015), Loperman (03-03-2015), michael.magorian (03-03-2015), Munger1 (03-03-2015), NateWC (03-03-2015), Outdoor_Joe_26 (03-03-2015), perchhunter (03-03-2015), Ringneck4214 (03-03-2015), Shorty (03-03-2015), Slimdog (03-04-2015), Sooners87 (03-03-2015), swoab47 (03-03-2015), walleyeking (03-03-2015), Wkndbum (03-03-2015)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, most of the new pic's are linked to the website and cannot be viewed unless you are a 'member' or this NON-PROFIT LICENSED ORGANIZATION  after the recent scandal of faked video. 

2 nice pictures were posted with this post, I am sure he was 'schooled' by the veterans of the 'club' and it will never happen again....oh well....life goes on and other waters will not be spoke of in public any more.....perhaps Wanahoo.....and the new reservoir up by Hubbard that will open soon that is going to make everyone wonder how a new body of water only a few years old could produce such nice fish (hint, it has been sampled already and the results were amazing).

Carry on.....and fish, and share, and quit being jerks.

Offline grizzlyhackle

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Summit
« Reply #1 on: Mar 05, 2015, 09:51 AM »
Whoa there buddy, definitely wasn't trying to ruffle any feathers or be a "jerk". Here is my post from the "other" forum:

"Nice fish! Looks like I will be finding a different spot this weekend, prob gonna get a little traffic from all of the good reports lately. "

I'm sorry that post came off as "amped up" and it made you not want to share fishing with your kid because of it? I definitely appreciate fellow anglers posting fishing reports, but once a hot bite has become public knowledge on the forum it drives people from all over to that body of water. I am always willing to help out and provide some advice on where to find fish or what to use, but I have been burned too many times posting specifics on the forum.  I was previously planning on fishing there, but prefer to get away from the crowds, put in my time, and find my own fish.

Hopefully you keep fishing and keep your kid involved. Once again, sorry for coming across as being a "jerk" and next time I will choose my words a little more wisely.

Trev

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
« Reply #2 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:55 AM »
Grizz,
I read the original post and it didn't come off that way to me. I think every body interprets post there own way and sometimes it gets crossed. Keep doing what your doing, I enjoy every buddies posts good or bad.

Just my two cents

Scott
My Daddy always said keep it simple stupid. Words to live by

Offline nate95366

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2015, 07:59 PM »
I didn't take it the way the OP (on the "other" forum for goodness sakes!) did either.

I don't post pics because I don't generally take a camera with me when I fish (I know, I still have a "dumb" phone too).  Maybe there are others like me.  I've only been ice fishing for 5 years or so now so there's still time, but the next time I drive to lake "X" and try to figure out where so and so was fishing when they caught that monster walleye...will be my first time doing that. 

I will admit I fished Wanahoo once because of a picture I saw, but that was only because I thought it might be cool to catch fish in the middle of the woods.

Hard to know what people consider "crowded" around here as well.  I live by Walnut Creek Lake in Papillion and I've seen 3 or 4 days this winter with 20+ groups on the ice at one time, but I've been out there with just me, myself, and I quite often as well, and not just when it's miserable outside.

Nate

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Mar 05, 2015, 09:46 PM »
Guess I was a little amped up myself, just get tired of fake video, photoshopped backgrounds, blurred pics, etc.  I even saw one of a forum Patriarch holding a 'pond raised and fed' MONSTER bass with a fake background, and when caught, claimed he was 'asked' to alter the background.  What does that teach the next generation about morals and ethics?

Sorry if I came across rude earlier.  I do call it the 'other' Nebraska forum because I was a member of the original Game and Parks Forum until they quit because of all the BS, and then the 'other' forum until I asked to be removed from it because of the crap that goes on there.  Why would a forum not have an 'Unsubscribe' button????  There are a TON of very knowledgeable folks that USED to post there that haven't for a long time, I miss them.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  Carry on and good luck to all.

Offline Reinert

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 06, 2015, 07:28 AM »
when it comes to outdoor forums   believe no one. find out for yourself. same thing with face book groups.  everyone knows everything and most really don't know crap!

Offline BBQMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wishin I Was Fishin
« Reply #6 on: Mar 06, 2015, 10:53 AM »
Guess I was a little amped up myself, just get tired of fake video, photoshopped backgrounds, blurred pics, etc.  I even saw one of a forum Patriarch holding a 'pond raised and fed' MONSTER bass with a fake background, and when caught, claimed he was 'asked' to alter the background.  What does that teach the next generation about morals and ethics?

Sorry if I came across rude earlier.  I do call it the 'other' Nebraska forum because I was a member of the original Game and Parks Forum until they quit because of all the BS, and then the 'other' forum until I asked to be removed from it because of the crap that goes on there.  Why would a forum not have an 'Unsubscribe' button????  There are a TON of very knowledgeable folks that USED to post there that haven't for a long time, I miss them.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.  Carry on and good luck to all.

I know what your talking about with the fake videos and blurred pictures. I don't know what there motives are but your right about teaching are youth to be alot better people then that. Everyone needs to let off a little steam once in awhile. Your setting a good example getting back on here and clarifying what you mint with your comments
My Daddy always said keep it simple stupid. Words to live by

Offline huskerdood

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 06, 2015, 02:39 PM »
Anybody got current information on the ice at Summit?  Trying to squeeze another day in....Thanks

Offline Uplandhuntr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Mar 07, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Anybody got current information on the ice at Summit?  Trying to squeeze another day in....Thanks

2 posts in 6 years and only to ask about ice?  This is kinda what frustrates me.....I must be getting old.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.