Author Topic: Why Do People Get But Hurt Over Fish Pics?  (Read 4146 times)

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Why Do People Get But Hurt Over Fish Pics?
« on: Mar 04, 2015, 03:28 PM »
It always amazes me that when people post panfish pics that belong in a pan why some get all but hurt over it? Is it truly a concern over the panfish population because they truly think the panfish population is on the decline or because they are just struggling this year? I'm just curious as I for one enjoy seeing the pics and reading about their trips.

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Why Do People Get But Hurt Over Fish Pics?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2015, 03:36 PM »
I also enjoy seeing the pics. I still feel that if an angler is legal, then there is no gripe coming. I do respectfully submit however, that there exists a need to abide both legally, and morally, where one's catch is concerned.

Offline waltman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2015, 03:36 PM »
release the panfish

Offline ryoder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 04, 2015, 03:41 PM »
Doesn't bother me but........

Offline JediMasterSalmonSlayer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2015, 03:44 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TRUTH^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2015, 04:09 PM »
I for one don't post pics of fish period. I only fish for gills and crappie and perch. So  there no need to post basically the same look everyday I fish. I think some people are haters some are jealous,some can't catch fish and some wouldn't know what to do with a fish unless it came in a bun from McDonald's. I believe in taking only what can be used from season to season. I have no problem with guys posting piles of panfish,but I do have a problem with guys that don't know how to put a tape on a fish.

Offline fishinator

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Mar 04, 2015, 04:11 PM »
Bunch of butt hurt people that can't catch fish. If God didn't want us to eat them, he wouldn't have made them so tasty
Dude.....Dude!! Greg! Wake up! You're on fire!

Offline SexiVexi28

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2015, 05:53 PM »
Keep posting! I love seeing fish pics. Makes me want to get out on the water even more!
Lets Go Fishing! ><((((º>

Offline KDdid

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:14 PM »
Take what you can use, use what you take. Simple as that. I once got in a guys face when he told me that the crappies he catches at Sally usually go to the neighborhood cats, because he was too tired after fishing and drinking all day to clean fish. Turns out that being a P.O.S. In your daily life means you're probably the same way on the lake. As I get older, I find that I keep fewer than I used to, just because I don't relish those marathon cleaning sessions anymore ;). Plus, eating less has made me a lean, mean, fishing machine!

Offline Foosty

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Veni, Vidi, Vici.
« Reply #9 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:18 PM »
Fish pics are cool, keep posting IS.

!!!FISH ON!!!

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:21 PM »
i love seeing big pannies and you all have every right to eat all of them i would like to see a true trophy mounted or released to be caught by some one who would mount it but i wont knock some one who eats all they can thats what fishing should be about keep posting those fillet picts

Offline sprkplug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:32 PM »
Take what you can use, use what you take.

Like this. ;)

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • its what u learn after u kno it all is what counts
« Reply #12 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:44 PM »
Everyone needs to relax,it's getting  late in the season, some people are just simply not catching fish,when the state puts the new slot limit in place,then stinky will only post 25 panfish in the meantime let's not get ahead of ourselves and put an Indiana iceshanty limit on the board, keep posting stinky baits/ slayer, maybe someday I'll be able to keep up with you[/URL
]
Yesterday's catch

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:58 PM »
^^^^ Joe, do you still deliver some bait or have you taken up residence on the "see"?

Jim Roe - formerly of the Sportsman's Lodge

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 04, 2015, 07:35 PM »
Both ;)

Offline DocDuck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:00 PM »
It always amazes me that when people post panfish pics that belong in a pan why some get all but hurt over it? Is it truly a concern over the panfish population because they truly think the panfish population is on the decline or because they are just struggling this year? I'm just curious as I for one enjoy seeing the pics and reading about their trips.
[/quote

What thread did that happen on? ...... why would people be mad about you posting pics of a successful day of angling? This is an Ice Fishing site after all. That's as bad as the lurkers who have been members here for several seasons and have like 48 post or less.... Lurkers and crybaby's ....... Make me want to press play! >:(   

Offline angolajones

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:08 PM »
Love seeing fish pictures.  I think more should be posted. 

Offline bramabull

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 04, 2015, 08:09 PM »
Everyone needs to relax,it's getting  late in the season, some people are just simply not catching fish,when the state puts the new slot limit in place,then stinky will only post 25 panfish in the meantime let's not get ahead of ourselves and put an Indiana iceshanty limit on the board, keep posting stinky baits/ slayer, maybe someday I'll be able to keep up with you[/URL
]
Yesterday's catch

Good post and great catch!! Those are very solid fish. Congrats :clap:

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 04, 2015, 09:25 PM »
Joe you must of been in Michigan where they have limits  impossible fish that size in Wawasee with all the thousands that get harvested year after year. Nothing but dinks in the see its over harvested.  ;D

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 04, 2015, 09:31 PM »
Well its just like these guys say Joe, I want to see proof!!!  I don't fish the see or I would make sure you're not living in a van out there!

Offline Fishslayer81

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 04, 2015, 11:24 PM »

Offline walleyepac

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 04, 2015, 11:28 PM »
Joe you must of been in Michigan where they have limits  impossible fish that size in Wawasee with all the thousands that get harvested year after year. Nothing but dinks in the see its over harvested.  ;D
Who said anything about the sea? Wednesday mornings catch

Offline bigr

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Mar 05, 2015, 04:49 AM »
Even if we get a limit on panfish we will still enjoy big piles of fish pictures from private waters. Keep em coming.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 05, 2015, 05:41 AM »
Who said anything about the sea? Wednesday mornings catch

Your fish pics told me that. I'm pretty sure you didn't drive to Maxi that would of took time away from the golf simulator!  ;D

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Mar 05, 2015, 07:52 AM »
Nice pics Joe!  I hope to upset some people with pics of piles of fish in the next week or so!

Offline Boomer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #25 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:02 AM »
One thing I have noticed over the years on this website - in the way of pics - that pics that are from specific lakes keep coming up.  Some lakes probably benefit from having fish taken from them. But larger lakes, think of the biomass involved. Do we really fish all of the lake? For example, Summit Lake near New Castle gets pounded especially in the area known as Beaver Bottom. I also fish that lake during open water. I keep getting good-sized bluegills year after year but I fish other parts of the lake I cannot or do not feel safe to fish during hardwater.

Can a lake get over-fished?  Probably but once it does I believe fewer people will fish it, giving the lake a chance to rebound.  Will a limit on panfish be helpful? I am a little worried. What about lakes in the southern part of the state that do not get fished that much during cold water season? Will this decrease in harvest upset a balance?

Time will tell but let the biologists that know what they are doing do their jobs. We can "think" we know what to do but very few of us actually have the knowledge and information to act on this.

As mentioned before, right now in Indiana it is not illegal to keep as many panfish as you want so I will not object to those who do. We can police ourselves if we want - just like bass fishermen did in the 1970's.  From what I see on here, those who catch these fish in numbers also eat or share their catch with others.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #26 on: Mar 05, 2015, 10:53 AM »
Good point Boomer. I always forget about the Southern lakes or lack there of compared to the hundreds of lakes up here. Again that's where per lake limits like the slough come in handy.

Offline spring bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Mar 05, 2015, 12:02 PM »
People get butt hurt because its alot easier to do that than go out and catch your own fish. Let alone posting a picture being a 10 step process on this website  ;D
Proud member of the Shiners!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/McLovinLife3

Offline Jigmup

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 05, 2015, 12:20 PM »
Never tell a fish where its supposed to be

Offline 52isntbigenough

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Red Drum aren't Trout
« Reply #29 on: Mar 05, 2015, 12:26 PM »
This is nothing, go visit the musky boards and read all the "it's not that big" posts when a guy tosses in a pic of a 50".

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.