Author Topic: Anton's Lake, March 3, 2015  (Read 838 times)

Offline kenmore63

• IceShanty Rookie
Anton's Lake, March 3, 2015
« on: Mar 04, 2015, 12:34 PM »
Well, the plan was to finish my last job 2:30ish and arrive at Anton's by 3:00-3:30. The plan was also to enjoy some of the nice weather we had on the weekend. The reality: as things tend to happen, ran late. Didn't get to Anton's till after 5. As for the weather: how does -20 with winds 30 gusting to 60 sound? Well, only one plan left. Catch my first trout through the ice.

With some advice from a buddy, I rig up a dead stick and with a piece of shrimp and wait. Nothing. Switched it up. Worked a small spoon tipped with a piece of shrimp. Nothing. Back to the dead stick. This time I put some Berkley trout bait next to the shrimp. Before long nibble nibble. Missed it. Nibble nibble. Missed again. Finally bang. Fish on.

Not a monster, (maybe 10"-12") but I'll still consider this a success. First trout through the ice, third trout ever. The learning curve continues....

Offline kenmore63

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Anton's Lake, March 3, 2015
« Reply #1 on: Mar 04, 2015, 12:35 PM »
Can somebody tell me how to attach an image?  It's apparently not as intuitive as one would think.

Offline Steven_Polaris

• IceShanty Rookie
  • GEMME WALLEYE
Re: Anton's Lake, March 3, 2015
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Can somebody tell me how to attach an image?  It's apparently not as intuitive as one would think.

For me I use this app called photobucket for my iPhone, from the app you add the pictures you want to post, and once it's backed up, copy the IMG link. Copy that link in your post.

This is what I use, but I'm sure theirs more ways to do it. I had the same problem as you so don't sweat it.

"A bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.