Author Topic: Good hard and soft water fish finder ???  (Read 962 times)

Offline BigFishCT

• IceShanty Rookie
Good hard and soft water fish finder ???
« on: Mar 03, 2015, 11:06 AM »
I'm willing to spend around 350 on a fish finder. I have been looking for awhile and I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions???

Offline Bfishing56

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish or die trying
Re: Good hard and soft water fish finder ???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:13 PM »
I have  also recently been looking for both a hard water and soft water fishfinder and I have found the deeper fishfinder it works with any android or Apple device. What I have seen on the reviews it's pretty nice and it has an option of turning into a flasher as well.it even picks up fish as small as smelt. You can cast it drop it pretty much do whatever you want and it's good up to 130 feet.

Offline RickC

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:18 PM »
Humminbird Helix 5 sonar/gps, Lowrance Elite 3x and 4x chirp are all good units and within your budget

Offline icetilt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:33 PM »
Just remember when you are looking at the prices you factor in the price for the travel case and the price of the ice transducer. I use a hummingbird piranha max for ice fishing and between the iceducer and the iceducer kit it's another $120 to use it for ice fishing.

Offline jmedy1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 08, 2015, 11:03 AM »
I use the Lowrance Mark 4 HDI both on my boat and on the ice for the first time this season.  I put a lot of hours on it in the LI Sound this past summer and fall and couldn't have asked for a better unit.  The map, downscan, and sonar work awesome.  I got the ice pack for it too which comes with a bag, mount, battery and ice ducer. Despite the small screen size it works great as a flasher. I payed $175 for the unit and $120 for the ice pack.  No complaints here, highly recommend it.

Offline mungo544

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 08, 2015, 12:28 PM »
I have an x67 and an m68 (both Lowrance , same machine except m68 has  gps) both set up for ice fishing. I have gimbals and transducers on the front and back of my small bass boat the m68 goes on the front since it has speed water temp and the gps. I have used this setup for about 6 years now with no problems. It is easy to set up an ice kit , a floating transducer is about 80 bucks and a battery about 20. Throw them in a small soft sided cooler and you are good to go. I believe the most comparable setup from Lowrance now is the Elite 4x but you should be able to find a good used x67.  Here is a link for a transducer.  http://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=CrbOAq4n8VIy_B8X2hATVuICICKWE0u8H7anz1JIBqOC7jkQIBhAHKAhgydaVh9Cj2BCgAev7w8wDyAEHqgQjT9DuFDAT9mMp1bBabjcmCuar6DWJLx_Z_6Jvog95j-dCBELABQWIBgGgBiaAB_2DvDOQBwOoB6a-G9gHAeAS4KzyruO5zfV6&ohost=www.google.com&cid=5GjliFqvfZD1E2rio5PAfoKIqVG_FXvZbid3fNPt8yc16gE&sig=AOD64_2rmRZHg5JRRtB0J8i-C4JJRKtEjg&ctype=5&rct=j&q=&ved=0CLkBEPQO&adurl=http://www.sailsmarine.com/ItemDetail.aspx%3Fc%3D163685%26l%3Dg    [imghttp://][/img]

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.