The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Willoughby Lake 3-1-15  (Read 842 times)

iverson111

Willoughby Lake 3-1-15
« on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:39 PM »
Willoughby lake was on the agenda for my day off and fished all day from 830 till 530.  the target was of course  lake trout, I left my tipups home so i could focus on jigging.

I walked on the access and fished in two separate areas and puttered around outside for a bit i stayed in 85-105 FOW.

My first 2 fish were 13 or so inches long and came off a white 3 inch venom tube with silver flake.  the fish came from bottom and were mildly aggressive, both fish came from the same hole.

the last fish of the day came off  a yellow and orange glo airplane jig fished without meat tip.  this lure produced alot of interest  but only had 1 taker at 14 inches.  also at the bottom

i marked maybe 3 fish suspended at 50 feet but after reeling up to them they didnt give a crap, i would surmise those to be salmon or maybe perch.

other lures included silver and also a  gold Swedish pimple that produced no interest. also my 2.5 inch white gitzit tube did not receive much more than 1 sniff and run.

all in all another relatively slow day.  i think my biggest surprise was the lack of big fish i have not seen anything produced there over 4 pounds.  plenty of people off the access  area as i expected. 

If you're walking on the path is a mess my shanty sled fell over 4 times on the way back in after all the trucks dicked the snow up bad .  i cussed up a storm coming back in as people honestly need to drive out the 50 yards it is to there hard side???   whatever.. it was a fun day and decent weather. 

ice was 16 inches thick , snow cover was about  6 inches and there was a little slush underneath after drilling.

Offline fishingidjit

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Willoughby Lake 3-1-15
« Reply #1 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:42 AM »
Iver, the parking lot only holds 10 vehicles at most. Its good that they drive out to make more room ! :)

Offline stimpyNEK

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 04, 2015, 03:49 AM »
most times thats a great big party community...have coolers full of beer in their rigs...why i head elsewhere on the lake
Its T shirt weather until you can actually die of hypothermia

Offline Leafmountain10

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 05, 2015, 07:32 AM »
fished yesterday....first and only flag was right after sun up.  Small 15" laker from the bottom.  Jigged and played with depths with only one hit on a sliver tube.  Forgot I had an appointment in the afternoon and had to head off the ice around noon.  Except for the wind, it was a beautiful day!  Very quiet and only a couple of other fisherman out there.

Plan on taking the kids to our regular spots on Magog this weekend but wonder if my auger will make it through all the ice.  If anyone can share some info on the twins, bean bay, or even south bay I wild greatly appreciate it and give a report afterwards.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.