Author Topic: Burnt camper/bob house on Webster Lake  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
  • They don't call it a "bobhouse" for nothing...
Burnt camper/bob house on Webster Lake
« on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:41 PM »
Someone in a group of "party" bobhouses burned up and destroyed an old camper/bob house on Webster Lake in Franklin, NH. Apparently it was burned by the owner and his "buddies" and Fish and Game is aware of the situation. Authorities were cleaning up the mess today and from reading on Facebook, they know who is responsible and have gone after the culprits. I hope their "fun" turns out to be quite costly.
You can't tell which way the train went by the tracks it left behind.

Offline adkRoy

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Beware of squirrels playing banjos
Re: Burnt camper/bob house on Webster Lake
« Reply #1 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:43 PM »
I hope they throw the book at them. No need to ruin a good fishery, pollute the water, and damage other people's shanties.  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:
New York State Ranger School Alumni 1994[

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #2 on: Mar 02, 2015, 06:58 PM »
What a shame. No reason for this other than being plain stupid. Get these punks off the lake for good.

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:04 PM »
Ignorance is bliss I'm trying to comprehend how they got away with making a blaze that big on the ice and not getting caught probably rich kids playing beer pong getting loaded on dads money ,I know they weren't real outdoorsman these brats are going to ruin it for all of us ,I hope it goes public and they make an example out of them

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:06 PM »
No Offense to people in franklin or who utilize webster lake. I keep my boat there in the summer, its a nice lake. Problem is in the winter all the scumbags come out of the woodwork and raise hell. It is not your explicative lake, you explicatives give us legitamate ice fisherman a bad name, same goes for all the explicatives on sleds too that dont give 2 explicatives about people ice fishing. not the snowmobilers that actually use common sense and courtesy but all the others out there. That lake turns into a circus in the winter its an expplicative joke that is why I DO not fish it during winter anymore. I hope they FISH and GAME opens there eyes and  severly punishes the individuals involved. Place has not been the same since Heidi left she ran a tight ship there. I have alot of good friends on that lake good people but to all who fit the above description you give that town a bad name, it was prob the same crew that shot the ducks. Stupid explicatives.  :%$#!:
Salmonemia

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:06 PM »
Someone in a group of "party" bobhouses burned up and destroyed an old camper/bob house on Webster Lake in Franklin, NH. Apparently it was burned by the owner and his "buddies" and Fish and Game is aware of the situation. Authorities were cleaning up the mess today and from reading on Facebook, they know who is responsible and have gone after the culprits. I hope their "fun" turns out to be quite costly.
(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

what page on FB is there info?
Salmonemia

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Not surprised. Have you seen some of the ppl in Franklin. I family that lives there every time one get a boyfriend or girlfriend I make sure they are not relatives on my Facebook first!
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Meth lab gone bad?

Another question: why are the houses so close together?

Too bad to, cause that stove / oven looks like it might of been nice to have in a bob house. Not for meth (obviously) but for something like lasagna or bread or meatloaf or.....num num.

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:01 PM »
All the bobhouses in the pictures are part of the "party" group. They were all there all season just to party, not fish.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:08 PM »
That's what I mean fish and game new about these clowns I know it for a 100% fact. they should have been dealt with Long ago. Instead they gave them a slap on the wrist. Strike fast and hard and that crap would not happen. 
Salmonemia

Offline WhereDaRainbows

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:32 PM »
Heisenburg?
"I have fished through fishless days that I remember happily without regret." -- Roderick Haig-Brown

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #12 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:43 PM »
This sums up the problems with our country! More idiots than not, too bad every vote counts!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Mar 02, 2015, 08:52 PM »
Heisenburg?
No he wouldn't but Jesse would. There are a few Jessie's In that town.
Salmonemia

Offline fisherhawk55

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Mar 02, 2015, 10:52 PM »
It's the same when scumbags dump garbage in the woods and power lines people think hunters do It ,the same issue with these clowns it is posted on face book with ice shantys  all around the party site guess what people will think is responsible ice fisherman ouch

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:14 PM »
I'm trying to figure out why...if F&G and/or the authorities know who it is....
Why are the authorities picking up the mess?  ???

Part of the problem is the lack of accountability these days!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:44 PM »
Well, here we go again....

Couple of a few comments already to ban bob houses on Webster.

Thank you scum bags.

Jackie - Matt - you suggested banning bobhouses which I think is a great idea! I go ice fishing without one so it won't hurt the true lovers of the sport.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how we could make that happen?
15 hrs · Like · 1

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:53 AM »
Small things amuse small minds... I just don't get it...total disregard for the welfare of the lake...or the ability for others to use the lake and enjoy the natural beauty....I've been around long enough to have seen "a thing or two"... I've seen this kind of thing close access to fishing grounds...ramps and now maybe the ability for others to put up a Bob house... it's disgusting...
Bad behavior of a few reflecst on all of us...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:51 AM »
Just spoke to Officer Murphy. Fish and Game is in an ongoing investigation so she couldnt provide much detail. I explained our concern to her. She assured me that the officer in charge knows who it is and is dealing with it accordingly. I aske her if they can provide some information regarding the outcome as we never hear it. She said to keep and eye out on the operation gamethief face book page. Hope they fry that guy
Salmonemia

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 03, 2015, 10:07 AM »
That's why they call the town Skank-lin. Webster lends itself to this kind of occurrence. Almost the entire lake gets plowed. Miles and miles of ice roads out on that lake are plowed completely. When I was there for the derby I saw 2 wheel drive sedans driving all over the lake. Grocery getters! I know this will be unpopular to say, but I don't for the life of me see why passenger vehicles are allowed on lakes at all. It would considerably cut down on the riff raff. I guess it's easy for me to say however, I have snowmobiles and fish portables.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Mar 03, 2015, 10:34 AM »
That's why they call the town Skank-lin.

That's not why  ;)

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #21 on: Mar 03, 2015, 03:44 PM »
Morons.
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline Gold Rush

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #22 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Just came back from checking on the scene. Amazingly, the mess has all been cleaned up. Everything has been removed except for the small gray elevated bobhouse. It will be interesting to hear about any fines or license revocations (If they had one). Too bad a few morons give Franklin a bad name. There are some respectable people that live there. Who knows if the "bad guys" are even from Franklin.

Offline 68 TROUT

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #23 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:58 PM »
Sorry for your loss....
Hope the law catches the B!*&%$#....
I am an older fisherman and have Ice Fished for many years,
in CT. & New Hampshire...I have NEVER seen the damage and total disregard
for personal property than I see in this present time.
The law will work with us, we just need to communicate
with each other, while on the ice....
Do not be afraid to approach your neighbor and keep an open line of communication.
I could care less who knows where I fish or what I catch or what I use for bait.
Today there are few secrets......BUT, there are good Ice Fishing friends out there, USE THEM !!!
I do remember a time when you drove your truck onto the ice, (In CT.)
cut your holes and shared your venison and brats with everyone.....
AND next time out, the guys without the bait or food, made up for it....
Sad................... ........
Tight Lines

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.