The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: I need to get the facts!! Please point me in the right direction.. thanks  (Read 722 times)

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Hey guys,
I purchased 5 Jaw jackers tips ups this year , which i think truly Awesome piece of equipment for Ice fishing. Last week i was approached on the ice in regards to this Tips ups , If you are familiar with these tips they use a rod and reel to catch the fish. So my biggest question is are the consider a tip up , in which i could use more then 2 on the lake or are they consider a rod and reel in which i can only can use 2 at a time , in regards to Vt state laws. I tried to research this but have come up empty handed. i plan on calling a few people on Monday to find out what is the law on these. But if anybody out there has any insight on this topic, please feel free to in-lighting me.

Thanks
Bigwiggle
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline Joe Butler

• Team IceShanty Regular

http://www.eregulations.com/vermont/general-fishing-information/

Joe;   check the paragraph "ice fishing".   Everything in VT is a line, including a "Jack"!

Offline Little Brown Dog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • My fishing partner
Joe,

Definitions page 50.  Ice Fishing.  line in hand, attached to a rod, tip-up, jack or bob all count as a line.  You could use 8 jig poles if you wanted to.

"My biggest worry is that when I die, my wife will sell all of my ice fishing gear for what I told her I paid for it"

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
Joe,

Definitions page 50.  Ice Fishing.  line in hand, attached to a rod, tip-up, jack or bob all count as a line.  You could use 8 jig poles if you wanted to.

I just looked up that up .. thanks Buddy , so it sounds like i can fish the 8 or 15 when i am champlain. Thanks again for thehelp
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.