The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Mag 2000  (Read 457 times)

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Mag 2000
« on: Mar 01, 2015, 07:33 AM »
Well went to get the  Mag 2000 auger out yesterday morning and it was out of gas. Put it away two weeks ago with over half a tank of gas. So I filled it up and sure enough its leaking from the carb. Gasket went bad I guess. Not much of a wrench turner. So I looked at the strike master site and they recommend to bring it to farm and fleet to have it repaired. As they are an authorized service center. The thing is. I have had my local Farm and Fleet fix a few other things and it has not gone very well. Not fixed properly etc. How is this D-Rock place for repairs? Does anyone have any suggestions for where to send it?  What happened to Strike Masters repair facility? Why are they farming out repairs? I figure I may have a month or a little more of ice left around these parts. So I would like to get this repaired as soon as possiable. By the way My Mag 2000 still runs like  a raped ape after 9 years.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline Bug-Eye-Brew

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Catch and Release into the Grease
Re: Mag 2000
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2015, 04:34 PM »
Go down to your local Home Depot and pick up a bottle of mechanic in a bottle, pour a quarter of the bottle in your tank and let it sit over night, add gas and oil mixture and let it run for a few minutes, this should help clean up the seat pin that's stuck open ( why it ran out of fuel ) . Hope this helps
Age is an issue of mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter ... Mark Twain

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.