The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Bomo maps  (Read 1496 times)

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • if you ain't gonna eat em,throw em back
Bomo maps
« on: Feb 28, 2015, 05:43 PM »
Lake Bomoseen is the largest lake totally within Vermonts borders, why is there no electronic map available?. I cannot find one for Lowrance,Navionics,or Garmin, does anyone know why?

Offline pikeslayer31

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Bomo maps
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 06:30 PM »
No idea. But, Tom's Bait and Tackle has depth charts of bomo.

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 07:25 PM »
No idea. But, Tom's Bait and Tackle has depth charts of bomo.
I know Tom's has a paper chart but there are no electronic chips of Bomo that I know of.Paper charts don't show your position on the map like a gps chart does like I have in my boat or on my smart phone

Offline thebigwiggle

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Love IceFishing for SMELT,PERCH,BLUEGILLS,CRAPPIE,
« Reply #3 on: Mar 01, 2015, 10:00 AM »
i hear ya frank , whats the big secret of keeping this info from us??? i dont get it..
I do all types of fishing; but I am Die hard Ice angler.
I love Ice Fishing the lakes of Rutland County. Recently moved to NY and now will be Ice fishing the Lakes Of New York.

Offline IsomBay

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 01, 2015, 10:40 AM »
The paper hydraulic maps are a closely guarded secret of vermonts bass "professionals". I was given less than 30 seconds to study it and hand it back. I was not allowed to copy it. And that was a few years back.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Mar 01, 2015, 11:02 AM »
i hear ya frank , whats the big secret of keeping this info from us??? i dont get it..

Secret UFO base down there?  ;D
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline bighar

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Lake Bomoseen is the largest lake totally within Vermonts borders, why is there no electronic map available?. I cannot find one for Lowrance,Navionics,or Garmin, does anyone know why?
Same here. Can't find any electronic maps for bomo. Every other lake except bomo.

Offline tracker one

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Maybe Tom Evanoka had a patent on it?

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2015, 12:01 PM »
I am currently looking into my Insight Genesis product that came with my lowrance unit.  Apparently I can create custom maps and upload them for the community to use.  I am unsure exactly how this works, but I have a feeling I will be charting some of these waters for Ice and summer use that currently I don't have in the system.  The charting appears to make you do a ton of zigzagging and strafing to record the contours, but this could prove really helpful for a bunch of these undocumented waters we have here in Vermont.  I would really like an all time favorite of mine (Lake Iroquois) to be charted also. 

Anyone every use the Insight Genesis product?

B

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.