The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: Gull lake find:  (Read 2123 times)

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
Gull lake find:
« on: Feb 28, 2015, 12:14 PM »

Offline Average-Joe

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Gull lake find:
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 12:16 PM »
Found some bags and 3 beer cans mid lake today while I was out skiing

Offline EatenByLimestone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 12:21 PM »
Pabst?     Truly low class among those who would litter on the ice.   Especially in the land of the 10 cent bottle deposit.  That's the next outing's bait cost!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2015, 12:44 PM »
Pigs!! I would like to find where people like this live and drop their garbage on their front lawn!

Offline Able2fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:04 PM »
I wonder if the lake camera picked up who was there?  I'm curious.. When did you find that trash? That's just messed up

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:05 PM »
I really wish they would put a DNR officer out there to hand out some serious tickets to the aholes that do this.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:15 PM »
That is just plain sad! >:(
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline wmu1989

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:27 PM »
I wonder if the lake camera picked up who was there?  I'm curious.. When did you find that trash? That's just messed up
  I found it this am

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 28, 2015, 02:12 PM »
The thing that really ticks me off, is one of my garbage cans is in the background. The loosers couldn't carry it 200 yds.  ???.
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline Swift

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 28, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Unfortunate but getting to be the new norm. Cashed in over $7 in cans at Meijers this morning picked up off the ice so far this year, think I'm around 9 full grocery bags of assorted garbage picked up as well. It's getting old but needs to be done.

Offline topwaterbait

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #10 on: Feb 28, 2015, 05:50 PM »
That is just plain sad! >:(
X2 It's a shame someone could be this lazy and disrespectful to leave that behind. Seeing stuff like that angers me.

Offline backinmich

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2015, 07:04 PM »
At least maybe these a**holes weren't ice fishermen. Can't really tell from the picture what they were doing out there. I don't see any holes in the ice.

Offline scotthey

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2015, 07:30 PM »
Idiots.

>:(
You never know how strong you are until strong is the only option you have.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #13 on: Feb 28, 2015, 08:16 PM »
nice...

plenty of foot prints and snow mobile tracks, take some shots of those and paste them on here too for every one to watch for.
some finger prints too. use scotch tape (fat fingers syndrome) and grab some of those too. put them on here for all of us to keep with their foot prints.

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 01, 2015, 02:14 PM »
"Scotch Rape"????
Can you explain what that is?
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #15 on: Mar 01, 2015, 04:19 PM »
I am guessing he meant scotch TAPE to lift the fingerprints......

Offline RealityCheck

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Mar 01, 2015, 05:48 PM »
Ok, thank you for clearing that up
Bullet with a name on it.

Offline jdgambler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #17 on: Mar 01, 2015, 05:54 PM »
only trash leaves their trash on the ice.
I'd rather be fishing than sleeping

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Mar 01, 2015, 06:07 PM »
Pick up the trash, pack it off the ice, all we  are doing here , is" preaching to the choir".   We will always have slobs, no matter where we are.  I just try to leave a place, better than I found it. Typing stuff on here will do NOTHING to help a problem that will never go away. I have really tried to make a difference & still, we have SLOBS out there. Just pick the crap up, & be done w/ it. 
"Yes officer, my chocolate lab did shoot me,with my brothers 12 gauge"!  11-8-87,true story!          "Sorry were late mom,Chris & me just got done with a cow hunt,we each got a big black Angus with our muzzleloaders"!  (the Christmas eve cow hunt w/ my son; 2004 !

Offline RLWagner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #19 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:10 AM »
That receipt on the pizza box might coulda helped track down the violators......

Offline Machine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Mar 02, 2015, 12:25 PM »
This is very disturbing,  really don't matter who left the mess.  You have to wonder why would anyone do that.  I looks as if it may have been someone other than fishermen 
Life is tough, Its tougher when you're stupid

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:24 PM »
WMU 1989, thank you for picking up all that  trash. I am assuming you dumped it in the garbage can, because some of that same stuff is what I found today when I dumped them :). I have not checked the receipts on the pizza box, but I will. A Full 2 litre bottle of Mtn Dew, & some leftover pizza ! At least the ice appeared to be clean , when I was making my rounds, around 1:00 p.m. today.  Also another bonus, besides keeping Gull cleaner, from this endeavor; 44 empty cans & bottles & 12 empty 1 lb. propane tanks for another IS friend , that refills them.  I honestly wish that others would try this on 1 lake. IT WORKS !

Offline Hermin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:36 PM »
I was raiding your trash can for empty propane tanks last year   ;D

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:53 PM »
I was raiding your trash can for empty propane tanks last year   ;D
Well, Hermin, you didn't do a very good job ;D.  I still have about 50 tanks from last year, & that is after giving my brother , probably , at least that many! If you or anyone else needs empty 1 lb. tanks for refilling , shoot me a PM. I will try & help ya out.

Offline 3300

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #24 on: Mar 06, 2015, 09:38 AM »
thanks to those who make a difference by taking home your junk or giving it to the trash cans. just think how much worse it could be if every one were like the inconsiderate few that think it should be unclean the next time they go out.

some must not realize it is against the law to litter.

that being said, the state that makes that law should know that trash cans should be placed where people park and maintained so kind people like smeltbuster don't have to try to show how it should be done. they put them in parks and other outdoors sites and i'm pretty sure we pay them to do that in taxs.
so what comes first, the trash cans or the law?

where i fish, i do not see trash on ice other than cigarette buts.

it can't feel good to come out to one of our prized lakes only to see it disgraced like that. if you see it happening take pics and give them to dnr. they can't fix what they don't know is broken. if you have any proof who's doing it, pass it along to make it stop. when people realize it will be reported they will stop ruining the water. if you saw some one throwing trash in/on your car, you would call the cops or stop them in person right? the water is also yours. you should want to protect it any way you can.

thanks so much smeltbuster for showing how its done when no one else will! it makes a difference just letting others know people still care.

Offline SKIFFLAKEJIMMY

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Mar 06, 2015, 12:43 PM »
thanks to those who make a difference by taking home your junk or giving it to the trash cans. just think how much worse it could be if every one were like the inconsiderate few that think it should be unclean the next time they go out.

some must not realize it is against the law to litter.

that being said, the state that makes that law should know that trash cans should be placed where people park and maintained so kind people like smeltbuster don't have to try to show how it should be done. they put them in parks and other outdoors sites and i'm pretty sure we pay them to do that in taxs.
so what comes first, the trash cans or the law?

where i fish, i do not see trash on ice other than cigarette buts.

it can't feel good to come out to one of our prized lakes only to see it disgraced like that. if you see it happening take pics and give them to dnr. they can't fix what they don't know is broken. if you have any proof who's doing it, pass it along to make it stop. when people realize it will be reported they will stop ruining the water. if you saw some one throwing trash in/on your car, you would call the cops or stop them in person right? the water is also yours. you should want to protect it any way you can.

thanks so much smeltbuster for showing how its done when no one else will! it makes a difference just letting others know people still care.
X2, THANKS, Smeltbuster!
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline RodBreaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • It's a RodBreaker!
« Reply #26 on: Mar 06, 2015, 10:36 PM »
That receipt on the pizza box might coulda helped track down the violators......

good call!
"Never trust a man who doesn't hunt or fish."

Teddy Roosevelt

Offline VX 12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #27 on: Mar 07, 2015, 09:16 AM »
Maybe someone should get a mega phone and holler out (THIS IS LORD SMELTZILLA TALKING TO YOU. ATT: GULL LAKE SLOBS THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME OR YOUR LAKE IT, IS THE FISHES LAKE AND POLLUTION WILL KILL FISH SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR PIZZA BOXES,PROPANE TANKS,CIG BUTTS,AND BEER CANS HOME WITH YOU.THE ICE WILL EVENTUALLY MELT AND THEN IN THE LAKE IT GOES,THANKYOU,LORD SMELTZILLA)

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Mar 07, 2015, 11:30 PM »
Maybe someone should get a mega phone and holler out (THIS IS LORD SMELTZILLA TALKING TO YOU. ATT: GULL LAKE SLOBS THIS IS NOT YOUR HOME OR YOUR LAKE IT, IS THE FISHES LAKE AND POLLUTION WILL KILL FISH SO PLEASE TAKE YOUR PIZZA BOXES,PROPANE TANKS,CIG BUTTS,AND BEER CANS HOME WITH YOU.THE ICE WILL EVENTUALLY MELT AND THEN IN THE LAKE IT GOES,THANKYOU,LORD SMELTZILLA)

;D ;D ;D !  I guess that's the same , as the "LIKE"  button on FB !

Offline smeltbuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Mar 08, 2015, 05:39 PM »
I checked the pizza & calzone boxes, there were no receipts on them, just an add w/ coupons, for the Kalamazoo stores.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.