Author Topic: Crystal finally gives it up  (Read 1404 times)

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Crystal finally gives it up
« on: Feb 28, 2015, 06:58 AM »
Been fishing crystal all year with no luck. Took yesterday afternoon off and the place finally gave it up.
Was chasing flags all day and they were chasing jigs. Landed 12 trout lost 3 or 4, all slots except for 2 bows around 16-17.
Got a few on tips with shiners. Most jigging. Pimples with meal worms.
I put the time in and it finally paid off. All fish realesed.
Had the lake to myself.

Wt

Offline FishingPhotographer

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Crystal finally gives it up
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 09:44 AM »
Each trip is one closer...
I should’ve chosen Fishin’Mortician as my username… ;-)

Offline BWB-ice

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 11:02 AM »
Willytrout,
Way to put in the time and have it pay off!!!
Well done...
"If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago". Zane Grey

"The water you touch in a river is the last of that which has passed, and the first of that which is coming; thus it is with time". Leonardo DaVinci

Offline livetoicefish90

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Live to fish and fish to live. It's my way of life
« Reply #3 on: Feb 28, 2015, 12:32 PM »
Great job willytrout!! Sounds like an awesome day good for you!!

Offline jss111678

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 28, 2015, 12:43 PM »
Nice day out willie, just 1 thing missing , you did not get a salmon. just kidding that is a great day at crystal lots of slow days there

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 28, 2015, 01:32 PM »
Yeah jss your right. About4:00 I was talking to my wife. I was telling her about all the trout. She asked me what I want for dinner. I told her I'm coming home with fresh salmon. Unfortinatly it was farm raised and from big y.
I love crystal. There is no lake in  the eastern part of the state that has as many quality fish. They are healthy and fat. Problem is there is so much forage available it's tough to get them excited. But when the bite is on you better have a lot of bait.

Wt

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 01, 2015, 04:20 PM »
Good day ; were you out there with a half barrel stove and a few friends ? If so I was not far away we got a few in the slot, to release, tight lines

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Mar 01, 2015, 04:52 PM »
Gun vault, I was out there today off the launch on the left. I caught 20 trout today all browns. Almost all jigging.
Just an unbelievable day. I was really only jigging one hole. It didn't matter what jig as long as it had a piece of meat on it. I've been cursing that lake all year. Ran out of bait. Caught number twenty on a pimple with a piece of tail off my last shiner. A couple were nice size everything else slot.
I might call it year after today. But I doubt it.

Wt

Offline gunvault

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 02, 2015, 04:36 PM »
WT-  that's a great day nothing better than jigging them up , lots of fun

Offline Bfishing56

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish or die trying
« Reply #9 on: Mar 03, 2015, 02:27 PM »
Are you talkin about crystal in ellingnton or the other one cause I was there this past weekend and we had about 6 trout released all of them but we only had two flags and there was nothing on the flags. Think I might go back out this weekendwhat size was your Swedish pimpleif you don't mind me asking?

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:20 PM »
most of them came on a #2 silver and red with a shiner head or meal worm. also had luck with a small rapala jig rap.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:31 PM »
Fished Crystal today, straight out off the boat ramp a couple hundred yards where somebody built a windbreak out of snow. Managed 16 trout. Browns 14, and 2 rainbows, all to 12''.All but two were jigged out of the same hole, using a swedish pimple.One of the rainbows was caught on a tipup with a wax worm.Jigging is definetely more productive than tipups.A kid 40 yards to my left was also having a ball jigging.They must of stocked this place recently, because at the beginning of the season I didn't do anywhere as good as I did today. 

Offline WILLYTROUT

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Mar 03, 2015, 06:47 PM »
hey poco loco. i met you ot at bigalow a couple of years ago. my 2 wheel pick up got stuck on a patch of ice and you and your buddy helped push it out.
i really appreciated that and hope to be in the position to do the same for someone.  i was also right around the wind break within a few yards.
0f the 20 trout i caught 13 were from the same hole and 3  were right next to the wind break. its been crazy out there jigging. i have fished the same spot on that lake for years and have never pulled as many fish out of there on a weekend. 12 friday afternoon and 20 on sunday. i hope it continues although now i will probably have to get out there at 3 am to get my spot.

wt

Offline FishingPhil

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Mar 03, 2015, 08:08 PM »
Almost positive they stocked it again last week. I've been catching a lot more trout as well. Jigging and tipups.

Offline rj1623

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:02 PM »
Ya pretty sure they stocked it last week as well. As me and my uncle jigged up 70 trout between us. Most of those fish where small fish like when they stock. Funniest part was every single fish we caught where Browns except one.

Offline Poco+loco

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Mar 10, 2015, 06:28 PM »
Fished Crystal Today 3/10. Managed 5 trout , three rainbows, two browns. to 14''. All on jigging. This week I had to work for them.Fish are getting more familiar with lakes forage seems like.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.