Author Topic: Post up a lake and current conditions for those trying to get out this weekend  (Read 853 times)

Offline burgerunh

• Team IceShanty Regular
I will start. 

Lake Massabesic last weekend.  Off of yacht club.  Conditions were good and very walkable.  Maybe 8" +/- of snow and maybe 1" of slush.  Would have been fine for an atv if they were allowed on Massy.

I am looking for conditions north if anyone is willing to share that has been out in the last week or so.  Specifically Winnipesaukee, Sunapee, Winnisquam.

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
Winni... Lots of slush, snow drifts off rt 11 side... The way out in morning was ok, the walk back was really rough!

BrookieSlayer99

Went to ellacoya, and it wasn't too bad for foot travel. Most of the snow was hard and packed down but you still had to tread through 3 inches of not-really packed down snow. There are some giant snow drifts.

Offline GrnBudKelly

• IceShanty Rookie
Winni- Roberts cove/ alton bay- easy foot travel, but good luck hammering through 2-3 layers of slush and 20+" of hard ice below that - auger was almost to the power head - drilled 4 holes and was exhausted-
Tastes like friggin' burnt rubber but it'll get you efffin lit!

Offline NHHARDWATER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • -Aaron-
I went to Sunapee on Sunday 2/22, and wont bother going back for a while....
a foot and a half of snow, then an inch crust (not enough to hold me on top of it, but just enough to lift me up, then plop me into about 10" of slush below the crust, after that, about 16" of hard ice.
The side by side got buried 3 times.
This was off Dewey beach and Burkehaven. What a mess.
the state beach may be better conditions, but I didn't venture over that way.
Chasing Ice

Offline celtbass

• Team IceShanty Regular
Spent this morning out on Sunapee in that area, the slush has frozen up pretty solid. Easy going for now but I'm pulling the shack off next week before it warms up and turns back to 12 in of slop.
Let it freeze

Offline Riverat

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Our Winter Home on the Lake.
Alton Bay - Ramp is good but 100 yards or so out the snow is pretty deep and sloppy, sleds ok and 4 wheelers not so good unless you have chains or tracks. Walking not bad as long as you stay on trail, ice very thick (28" at my location near gazebo) just about bottomed out on the eskimo. Personally my last weekend and hoping to get shacks off this coming week if possible, atleast 2 weeks early for me but I don't like the condition and the history of the ramp this year. Stay safe and have fun this weekend, one of the few good ones. Hope to see you at the get to gether.

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
I rode the entire length of winnipesaukee yesterday on sled and was very tough going with huge drifts , broken and refreeze areas. Did not find any slush. Unless your fishing within a 1/2 mile of shore the effort may not be worth it. I don`t think I could keep my equipment in the ottter sled.Worst I have ever seen the lake for travel with this much ice.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
I went near Raymond Wednesday and left the ice at 4....lets just say I got home 5 hours later...live 25 minutes away.., quad was stuck 2 minutes onto the lake and  then snapped the belt getting off in the afternoon.,.thank god for a Good Samaritan.,,would of been a long next day.,.im out
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline NHFishah

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Card carrying member of "TEAM FLATLANDER"
Was out on the north end of Winnisquam today, conditions were pretty good, a bit of slush near shore, but pretty good out from the shore, pretty firm snow pack, fine on a snow machine. We did see a 4 wheeler get stuck..

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.