The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: A little off subject but could you guys settle something? (Modified)  (Read 3098 times)

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it was easy they would call it catching
Re: A little off subject but could you guys settle something?
« Reply #30 on: Feb 27, 2015, 11:49 AM »
I'd like to chime in on two things here...

1. Ed came in to ask his friends a question that's off topic, even labeled the thread "off subject" which should lead you "fishing talk only guys" away from even clicking on it... No big deal to me, I think it's a funny post, also interesting that we're seeing different colors... Some people here get upset when there's a post like this, yes it's a fishing forum, but we make friends here... This is a place to go fishing with our friends when we can't go fishing with our friends (that's how I see it anyway)... That being said (and if you disagree that's A-OK with me) but when I'm on the water I talk about everything... If I say, "My wife got mad at me the other day, bla bla etc....", My friend doesn't slap me in the eye and say, "Only talk about fishing!"... We hang out and shoot the ish about life and fishing and whatnot... I see this place as hanging out on the ice with my buddies, although if you don't want to talk about a subject that gets brought up here, you can politely hit the back button and sneak out of the conversation without saying a word, unlike in person where you'd feel obligated and get sucked in... I wouldn't let an off-topic post ruin your day, it's all in the name of fun... If you don't like the post there's really no need to let it bother you to the point of putting a fellow member down over it, it's not like it's going to get stickied to the top, it'll eventually drop into the depths where it won't bother you anymore...

2. That dress is white and gold, if you say otherwise then I retract statement #1 and say, damn you Ed get this crap off the forum  ;D

Thanks for noticing that it did say "off subject" in the title.  You are right also when you say we talk about everything on the ice not just fishing.  Wish that I could have found a lure picture that did the same thing because everyone would have thought different about it.

I found it kinda interesting that so many people can see the same photo so many different ways.    Now get ready to retract statement #1 cause it it definitely a black and blue dress.
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 27, 2015, 12:02 PM »
Thanks for noticing that it did say "off subject" in the title.  You are right also when you say we talk about everything on the ice not just fishing.  Wish that I could have found a lure picture that did the same thing because everyone would have thought different about it.

I found it kinda interesting that so many people can see the same photo so many different ways.    Now get ready to retract statement #1 cause it it definitely a black and blue dress.

Hahaha! Yeah I did some reading on it... I tried to tell myself it's black and blue but my eyes won't cooperate  >:(

Damn you Ed!!  :P

Offline ICEHOLE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • INSTAGRAM: MATTACHUSETTS
« Reply #32 on: Feb 27, 2015, 12:31 PM »
I'd like to chime in on two things here...

1. Ed came in to ask his friends a question that's off topic, even labeled the thread "off subject" which should lead you "fishing talk only guys" away from even clicking on it... No big deal to me, I think it's a funny post, also interesting that we're seeing different colors... Some people here get upset when there's a post like this, yes it's a fishing forum, but we make friends here... This is a place to go fishing with our friends when we can't go fishing with our friends (that's how I see it anyway)... That being said (and if you disagree that's A-OK with me) but when I'm on the water I talk about everything... If I say, "My wife got mad at me the other day, bla bla etc....", My friend doesn't slap me in the eye and say, "Only talk about fishing!"... We hang out and shoot the ish about life and fishing and whatnot... I see this place as hanging out on the ice with my buddies, although if you don't want to talk about a subject that gets brought up here, you can politely hit the back button and sneak out of the conversation without saying a word, unlike in person where you'd feel obligated and get sucked in... I wouldn't let an off-topic post ruin your day, it's all in the name of fun... If you don't like the post there's really no need to let it bother you to the point of putting a fellow member down over it, it's not like it's going to get stickied to the top, it'll eventually drop into the depths where it won't bother you anymore...

X2 thank u. Seems like alot of people holding grudges or just not being very friendly this year...

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Fixed it for those people who couldn't just see what I was trying to show everyone 😊
It is MY responsibility to make sure my children can enjoy fishing years from now. Make sure your kids can fish.  If you see something ILLEGAL Contact the Massachusetts Environmental Police Radio Room at 1-800-632-8075 at any hour of the day. They might show up if there is enough staff working.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #34 on: Feb 27, 2015, 12:57 PM »
My friend doesn't slap me in the eye

That literally made me laugh out loud, to funny.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Where can I get one of those lures Ed? Top quality there :-) the artistry is amazing. lol You fishing tomorrow Ed ? Biggie is coming out 👍

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fixed it for those people who couldn't just see what I was trying to show everyone 😊

Haha Darnit yours is way better than mine  >:(

Original color, looks white and gold to me

Edited: brightened looks white and gold to me

Edited: darkened looks blue and black to me

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Haha Darnit yours is way better than mine  >:(

(Image removed from quote.)

What color is yours tho?  Looks black and blue to me.

Where can I get one of those lures Ed? Top quality there :-) the artistry is amazing. lol You fishing tomorrow Ed ? Biggie is coming out 👍

Not sure missed work today because of my vertigo.  Seems to be getting more frequent 😞  gotta see how I feel in the am.  Definitely can't drive like this and don't wanna face plant when I bend over for a flag.

Offline craiger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Swedish steel is for real
Whoa, the original dress/lure was white and gold but that spoon is black and blue!  My mind is officially blown.

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
What color is yours tho?  Looks black and blue to me.

Definitely not black and blue lol... Still white and gold, just a little off with the cream carpet in the background... Weird...

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Still blue & black

Offline Spider1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well, don't wanna tick anybody off, my post was purely in jest.

but, the lure looks blue and black to me in both pictures... unless the Mrs says it is white and gold, then that is what I'm going with ;D

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
Still blue & black

Only thing that changes the color to blue and black for me is actually HEAVILY darkening the whole picture...

No matter what color background I put the original colors on (dark or light) it looks white and gold... ??? Weird, we should print it on a spoon and see what the fish think  :P

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just looked at your modified lure post.....   Ummmm they all look black and blue to me.  Sorry.

Offline BaitBucket

• Team IceShantyholic
It depends on browser, browser version, and device (phone or pc). 
It is coded to display a different pic depending on what your using above.
Official Member of The G.I.T.s, Gods In Training 1/2014
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad.

Offline muleskinner

• Team IceShanty Regular
lol funny tears are running down my eyes. black and blue just like my eye when I disagreed with Mrs... I guess she is rite white and gold it is
why yes, I'm not quite right thank you for noticing

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Sorry Will my wife and I were looking at the same screen.

Offline Tmuskie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
LOL. The Today Show had a segment on this this morning. The dress is Royal Blue and Black. Depending on the light it looks light blue and bronzish to white and gold. It's how the light hits it.
There's a hole in the Ice,  Dear Liza, Dear Liza.
There's a hole in the ice, Dear Liza, a hole.

Well fish it, Dear Henry, Dear Henry, Dear Henry
Well fish it Dear Henry. Dear Henry, Fish it.

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular

Showed my girls father the brightened pic in my post... Which is so BLATANTLY white and gold!, and what does he say? "It's black and blue"... Same screen, different eyes...

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
LOL. The Today Show had a segment on this this morning. The dress is Royal Blue and Black. Depending on the light it looks light blue and bronzish to white and gold. It's how the light hits it.

I could understand the way the light hitting it could change the color if we were seeing it in real life but you can't change the way light is hitting it in a picture.  I have seen cars that have different colors depending on light or the angle you are viewing it at before so I get your thinking. 

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline MT_Boy

• IceShanty Rookie
Okay...I'm just going to say what all of the still sane people are thinking.  Honestly....who cares what color it is?  Now back to real life and fishing!
"It's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care" - Peter Gibbons

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Okay...I'm just going to say what all of the still sane people are thinking.  Honestly....who cares what color it is?  Now back to real life and fishing!

What's with all the hate.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
My buddy posted that picture on instagram and I saw black and blue now I see white and gold

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
I'll be seeing orange flags tomorrow while y'all keep the fashion show going bahahaha 😆👗👠👙🎽👖👚👕👔👟👡👞💅🙈

Offline jmorain

• IceShanty Rookie
Does this lure make me look fat?

Offline BASSQUATCH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gone Fishing 🎣
Now that there was funny 👍👍😆

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!

It's worse than that.....

Can I generate traffic on the Internet with this stupidity? I am an Idioit....

Apparently so,

Sigh. And I bit on this. Shame on me......
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline MrE1979

• Team IceShanty Maniac
It's worse than that.....

Can I generate traffic on the Internet with this stupidity? I am an Idioit....

Apparently so,

Sigh. And I bit on this. Shame on me......

Why is it stupid? 

Offline A7X

• Team IceShanty Regular
I thought everyone was being ridiculous earlier saying it was black and blue... As it was obvious it was white and gold haha

Looking at it with my girl earlier agreeing it was white and gold, something popped, all of the sudden I could only see it as black and blue... Took me a minute to figure out what happened, kind've freaked me out honestly...

Didn't realize it's actually just terrible, TERRIBLE yellow lighting and an awfully crappy photograph... There's two ways to decipher the photo, one is very bright lighting behind the dress and absolutely no foreground lighting shining on it (dress is in the dark) making it appear that shadowed color of white and making it look like a darn good clear photo... Photos of something with no light on it that clear would be quite a feat...

While in actuality, there's a terrible yellow light shining heavily on the blue dress washing over it, yellow light is reflecting off the black making it look yellowish gold and the photo is actually quite grainy and not focused sharply...

I wish everyone could see it both ways, then there would be nothing to it... I can trick myself to see it either way, kind've cool I guess

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.