Author Topic: Enroute Elite 5 CHIRP.  (Read 828 times)

Offline cold nose

• IceShanty Rookie
Enroute Elite 5 CHIRP.
« on: Feb 26, 2015, 09:16 PM »
After reading and reading i ordered a elite 5 chirp ice machine and a open water ducer for the boat. Looking forward to getting and learning the unit. I have an x67 now which works great . But features of the 5 and 100 dollars back,i just could not pass it up. Told the wife she needed her own unit ,once she see,s it im afraid she,s not gonna be happy with the x67 ;D

Offline chumster

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Enroute Elite 5 CHIRP.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 27, 2015, 05:32 AM »
Why treat your wife like that? Sell the other unit and buy her a new one too. Might as well save the extra hundred now. It may not be there later.

Offline DBV

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 27, 2015, 06:52 AM »
Sounds like a nice machine.  Has anyone used one or compared it to a Marcum Lx7 or Lx6?

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 27, 2015, 08:53 AM »
I have seen many videos on this unit it is sweet. I have an Lx7 and Lowrance HDS5 on the ice and love them both. Enjoy that unit!
Fishin red lines

Offline cold nose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 27, 2015, 12:28 PM »
Got a buddy that  bought  a LX 7 and they used on WInnepeg said it was great!

Offline hamms

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Did you get it?
Fishin red lines

Offline cold nose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:28 PM »
Got it! The color is awesome. I been tweaking and playing hoping to get out and work some pannies! Alot of features to learn. This is looking like alot of fun.  ;D

Offline Scout 24

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 07, 2015, 02:44 PM »
Yeah, my buddy and I just picked one up also a couple weeks ago. West Marine had them for $499 plus $50 off for over $300 plus the $100 rebate from Lowrance. $350 for a unit selling for $600 was too good to pass on. It has a little better resolution than the HDS 5 ice machine I was using and I really questioned whether they could get true Chirp from a single inexpensive 200KHZ transducer. Never could get a straight answer from the Lowrance techs. I have a Garmin GSD 26 Chirp on my saltwater boat and it works fantastic but the 9 pd Airmar transducer cost $1200 and sends out frequencies from 140-220 KHZ with every sweep. On TheHullTruth electronics forum they'd call the Lowrance Chirp a "baby" chirp due to it's very limited frequency band sweep, but perhaps that's all you need for relatively shallow ice fishing conditions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.