Author Topic: Who has smelt for bait?  (Read 916 times)

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
Who has smelt for bait?
« on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:26 PM »
Is Alton circle or anyone carrying smelts other than Nutes? I know that Flight deck doesn't have smelt
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Who has smelt for bait?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:46 PM »
AJ's Bait and Tackle has smelt!

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2015, 03:01 PM »
Altons tank is broke
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline perch_slayer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2015, 03:12 PM »
the scuba place in wolfeboro has them
I hate my username. I made it when I was 14 and I dont know how to change it.

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 07:40 PM »
Newfound trading post had them last week .

Offline KenE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 27, 2015, 06:55 AM »
Ossipee Bait and tackle has them.

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:08 AM »
Fishtails in Barnstead has everything. smelt, suckers, small/med/large shiners, red fin shiners and tip up suckers

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2015, 02:13 PM »
AJ's has them.. but it's a shame as he had priced the small smelt and then priced his "large" smelt at $8.00/dozen. Well.. past couple weeks he's only had the one size (small) yet still $8.00. Too bad cause that was my go-to place as his large ones were healthy and durable ..well, as far as smelt go at least. I got two dozen of the small ones last weekend, still $8.00... and all but two died in an hour. Same bait bucket, aerator etc. I always use with no problem. disappointing and frustrating for sure.

Offline 5galbuket

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2015, 05:15 PM »
Squam river bait in Ashland has some. Usually pretty lively with fresh water out  of the river in his tanks

Offline jmamos52

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:54 PM »
I agree.. love his set up with the river.. and, great guy. although, bring cash ... fyi.  no atm at his house !  :)

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2015, 09:06 PM »
AJ's has them.. but it's a shame as he had priced the small smelt and then priced his "large" smelt at $8.00/dozen. Well.. past couple weeks he's only had the one size (small) yet still $8.00. Too bad cause that was my go-to place as his large ones were healthy and durable ..well, as far as smelt go at least. I got two dozen of the small ones last weekend, still $8.00... and all but two died in an hour. Same bait bucket, aerator etc. I always use with no problem. disappointing and frustrating for sure.

Not doubting what you say.

But, I was there Wed, paid 7:50 a dozen for the smalls and all but one lived. That was just my experience on Wed.

Offline ajbait

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 28, 2015, 02:34 PM »
Hello,
I would like to take this opportunity to defend our bait & ethics at A.J.'s.  We do not have a difference in price on Smelt, they first arrived in December and have been $8.00 a dozen (healthy and lively) since... we have NEVER had a difference in price for "small" & "medium" Smelt nor do we offer or market that we have them because they are one size SMELT.  From 1/30-2/7 we had "large" Smelt on a temporary basis for $10.00 a dozen. 

Also, jmamos52... there are many possible reasons why your Smelt did die in your bucket... without knowing how you transport, handle, bacteria growth within your bucket, chemicals, etc. I can't help you and obviously without notifying me of the mortality there would be no solution for your issues. 
Thanks,
AJ & Brandi
A.J.'s Bait & Tackle
8 Maple Street
Meredith, NH 03253
www.ajsbaitandtackle.c om

Offline FishSlayer20

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Feb 28, 2015, 04:10 PM »
Also... there are many possible reasons why your Smelt did die in your bucket... without knowing how you transport, handle, bacteria growth within your bucket, chemicals, etc. I can't help you and obviously without notifying me of the mortality there would be no solution for your issues. 

This is spot on smelt are the worst to keep alive. They do not like change in temp or conditions.
I will miss my wife this winter, I'll see her in the spring!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.