New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Keuka Lake BS thread  (Read 980 times)

Offline Don-NY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I have a lot to learn
Keuka Lake BS thread
« on: Feb 26, 2015, 12:56 PM »
Fished state park Yesterday. Talked to a gentleman from Sayre Pa. who gave me a plastic minnow and jig to try. Caught my only 2 fish of the day on that in 20 minutes. THANKS! Fisherman are generally great guys. I Was using shadraps and 4" white tubes. My fishing partner caught 5 on those so they work too, just not for me. Ours was the frabill tent with the "Walker" sitting outside. Fishing partner is recovering from a hunting injury.

Offline hotholes870

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Keuka Lake BS thread
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:00 PM »
Glad to here you guys got to catch a few  ;D they are fun to catch. I was thug that help get your shanty out of your truck. I normally have good luck with white tubes and bucktail jigs that I tie glow head and black and white hair.

Offline Trakndwg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:10 PM »
Lost camera. Please help. 4 of us were fishing from the park at Branchport today. We left about 2:30 one of our guys lost his camera. He would like to get the camera back but even if it is destroyed he has family pictures on it that he would really like to try to recover. He thinks he lost the camera in the boat launch parking lot but it could be on the ice south west of the launch over 175 FOW. If you or someone you know finds this camera please let me know. The owner will be very grateful.
TRAKNDWG; women love him, fish fear him.

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Has anyone been catching any in the 90-110 foot range in branchport or have they all been 140 fow plus?

Offline Don-NY

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I have a lot to learn
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:10 PM »
Hotholes, thanks for the hand. It was a fun day my first time fishing lakers through the ice. Next time bringing the wheeler for transporting my fishing partner. The walk out and in about did him in.

Offline ice4066

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2015, 08:45 PM »
been fishing perch several times there this year ,wanna target snot rockets for next couple weeks (pike and pickeral) anybody know good area for them on keuka ? tryed pen yan but looking for another spot
thx

Offline KeukaZ71

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 27, 2015, 06:26 AM »
PY would be your best bet, but there are some nice weed beds in branchport and hammondsport too at the heads of the lake. the college has some nice large weed beds too. i'm just speaking from my open water experience on keuka. those areas would have your heaviest concentration of weeds.

Offline justfishin

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Where should I fish today??
« Reply #7 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:09 AM »
Do ya need a flasher to get some Lakers or can ya fish blind?

Offline Trakndwg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:12 AM »
Do ya need a flasher to get some Lakers or can ya fish blind?
You can fish them blind. Most of the time I could not see my jig in those depths anyway. start at the bottom and work your jig 1/2 way up the water column.

Offline jimbo13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:37 AM »
how deep is the snow out of the state park , bringing my son and nephew this wknd, are wheelers doable ?

Offline Trakndwg

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:57 AM »
how deep is the snow out of the state park , bringing my son and nephew this wknd, are wheelers doable ?
Snow is not a problem. A little bit of shallow drifting.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.