Author Topic: Browns in Manning?  (Read 744 times)

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
Browns in Manning?
« on: Feb 26, 2015, 10:27 AM »
F&G site doesn't say so, but I think there are, or have been. Anyone know for sure?

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Browns in Manning?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 26, 2015, 10:30 AM »
Manning is/has only been stocked with brook trout. But there is always a possibility a brown could be mixed in when they do the fall stocking of brood fish. Otherwise you will typically only find brook trout there.

BrookieSlayer99

« Reply #2 on: Feb 26, 2015, 10:38 AM »
There are no browns in Manning. Haven't ever been stocked there

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2015, 11:04 AM »
Hmmm, I found info to the contrary that it got hit with 'bonus' fish including Browns in 2008. But I guess it would be pointless to look for them there. Thanks guys.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 11:12 AM »
they sometimes get mixed in.... I've caught both browns and rainbows in manning...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #5 on: Feb 26, 2015, 12:44 PM »
In 15 plus years have only caught brookies for trout in there... I'm sure a few get mixed in, but never tried any of my bait!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2015, 02:10 PM »
 I've got one brown there and a half dozen rainbows...all with in the last 5 years... prior to that...only brookies and small  perch as well as a few slime darts... I fish smelt.. right under the ice.. both in close and over the holes.. you can guess where the brown came from...I wouldn't put it past some individuals to take it upon themselves to try and create a different fishery...it's been known to happen...
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Mr.Harry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 26, 2015, 04:43 PM »
I've got one brown there and a half dozen rainbows...all with in the last 5 years... prior to that...only brookies and small  perch as well as a few slime darts... I fish smelt.. right under the ice.. both in close and over the holes.. you can guess where the brown came from...I wouldn't put it past some individuals to take it upon themselves to try and create a different fishery...it's been known to happen...
kind of off topic, but yes people DO do that. My family has had a house on Hills pond for about 25 years. Not a big pond. I've fished every inch of it 1000 times over in 25 years. About 8 years or so ago I pulled my first Larry out of it. Imagine my surprise. Nothing but great smallies for the first 17 years of fishing it. They WERE NOT in there. Now, they are. Hocus Pocus.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:08 PM »
kind of off topic, but yes people DO do that. My family has had a house on Hills pond for about 25 years. Not a big pond. I've fished every inch of it 1000 times over in 25 years. About 8 years or so ago I pulled my first Larry out of it. Imagine my surprise. Nothing but great smallies for the first 17 years of fishing it. They WERE NOT in there. Now, they are. Hocus Pocus.

yup, same here. I've lived on a little 3 acre pond for all my 38 years... when i was a kid it had Shiners, Punkinseeds, and Hornedpout in it. There was a period of about 5 years that I didn't fish it, after going back it mysteriously now had Gills and Larry's in it, a few years later I started seeing Brookies. One of my neighbors has been busy with his bucket for sure.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline kl3377

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 26, 2015, 05:49 PM »
I have fished Manning for over 20 year and have only caught Brookies.  I wouldnt be surprised if I caught a Brown or Rainbow, especially since I have caught Crappie there.
A watched lake never freezes.

Offline nh archer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2015, 08:55 PM »
I have pulled a couple browns out of Manning, as well, but not since 6 or 7 years ago.  That same year I pulled up a forked tail fish which I have always believed to be a Splake.  I have been fishing that pond for about 25 years, but that year was unique.

Offline jig1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Feb 27, 2015, 03:50 AM »
I also have fished summer and winter  there.
 Have got both ,and seen both in the brook at the Boy Scout camp . I have a friend that lives on the front side , he said both also...jig1

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.