The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Conditions on Cathance  (Read 1313 times)

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
Conditions on Cathance
« on: Feb 25, 2015, 12:39 PM »
I have heard that Cathance isn't passable. Anyone been out there? Can you haul a heavy tote sled? We are looking to get from the public landing off 191 to Todd Island area in the middle of the lake. Anything will help. thanks

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Conditions on Cathance
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Had a good day on Cathance yesterday. 4 nice salmon from 17 to 21 inches. Met Scalloper out there. He was a big help hauling gear with his wide track. The slush was awful. Overall great day. Thanks again Scalloper

Offline nbg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *removed*
« Reply #2 on: Feb 28, 2015, 05:57 PM »
no pics....no fish newbie. lol @)

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Mar 03, 2015, 09:15 AM »
Scalloper,
Are you in interested in fishing Todd Island with us on Saturday, conditions permitting?

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #4 on: Mar 03, 2015, 11:07 AM »
It was also great meeting you 3 as well. I belive I may need to stick around my wife leaves tomorrow for Texas  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( so I will be at camp until further notice  :thumbsup:
It will be interesting what this weather tomorrow does to the ice. If we lose that 3" layer of snow ice on the slush we have conditions will be far worse. Where is Todd Island?
______________________ ___

Its a lazy man that cant find his wife a second job

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 03, 2015, 11:46 AM »
Todd Island is where we met you last friday.

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #6 on: Mar 03, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Ha, thats funny. I had never herd of any of those islands being named. I should be in the area.

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Mar 04, 2015, 07:37 AM »
We plan on coming early Saturday. Hope you can make it. Could you let me know if conditions worsen to the point of we wont make it to the island?

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #8 on: Mar 06, 2015, 04:37 AM »
I will be there to check it out later today.

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2015, 05:48 PM »
The conditions on the lake are much better then they were last week you should be fine. I will be fishing the next 2 days.  Good luck

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Mar 09, 2015, 06:10 AM »
Had a great day saturday. 3 Salmon. 1 was and 19" 2.75 pounder. she was fat. Probably headed out there on friday again. Conditions were awesome. Thanks for the report. This was the first time out of 6 that we didnt see Chris. Didnt seem right.

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Mar 10, 2015, 05:15 AM »
Scalloper,
Do you think you can give me a slush report later in the week. It was perfect this weekend but with a few warm days, who knows. We might be headed out again on Friday. Thanks again.

Offline Scalloper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Eat Scallops
« Reply #12 on: Mar 11, 2015, 05:53 AM »
Sure can I may be heading that way today. I had traps in at 6am friday and fished all day so I could not leave. I caught 5 salmon friday and 7 saterday nothing big but a great time. As you said the conditions were as good as it gets.
Chris was concerned about the warmer temps so he pulled his shack off. Thursday night he said he was fishing with me friday or saterday but I did not see him.

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2015, 09:12 AM »
12 Salmon!!!!!!! Nice. That must have been fun. We are likely heading out there Saturday again if Conditions hold. Its supposed to get cold thursday night so that should help. Let me know what you know. Much appreciated. More than welcome to join us too of course. Beer, deer meat, kabobs and beer.

Offline lunkahville

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Mar 11, 2015, 11:52 AM »
You guys are taking to that lake pretty hard. Wanna share anything with the class? Guess I can't blame you. The day I saw you guys out there we caught some decent fish
Fishing is like playing at Carnegie Hall, when your good your good. But do you know how to get to Carnegie Hall? PRACTICE!

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #15 on: Mar 11, 2015, 11:45 PM »
We like the setup and have always had good luck out there. Cathance is our new go to if we don't have set plans/annual traditions already in place for the weekend. We had never been on the lake until 03/22/14 and have been 5 times since. Its close, easy setup, high quality fishing and the 18" trout minimum throws that extra challenge at you to get one. Plus, the beer and whisky seem to taste better on Todd Island. Anybody(Scalloper) with any knowledge of slush conditions on Cathance would be a big help if you share with us.

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Mar 12, 2015, 12:22 PM »
I went to college in Machias years ago and that was always my favorite lake to fish also.  I can vouch for the whiskey and beer tasting better. Keep the reports coming! You are bringing back fond memories for this ol' Ct boy.

here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline Derik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #17 on: Mar 12, 2015, 03:09 PM »
I went to college in Machias years ago and that was always my favorite lake to fish also.  I can vouch for the whiskey and beer tasting better. Keep the reports coming! You are bringing back fond memories for this ol' Ct boy.

When did you go to UMM, I graduated back in 2010.  Only fished Cathance during open water, but it treated us pretty good.

Offline rocklobster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Mar 13, 2015, 12:22 PM »
I was there, on and off, back in '93-'98
here pikey pikey...BIG DEAD BAIT...

Offline Calais19

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #19 on: Mar 15, 2015, 09:52 AM »
Another great day on Todd Island on Cathance. 5 Salmon. 4 were dark males between 17 and 19 inches and one beautiful 21 inch female. Conditions were great. Between the 3 of us, we had 27 flags. They were stealing bait for sure. Busy day. Great time, good company, good food and drink. Love the Cathance!!!!!!!!!

Offline nbg

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • *removed*
« Reply #20 on: Mar 15, 2015, 04:01 PM »
Nice!  :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.