Author Topic: Drive By  (Read 1555 times)

Offline cwright

• IceShanty Rookie
Drive By
« on: Feb 24, 2015, 04:15 PM »
Was at Deerfield Friday for the first time ever with a buddy who had never been out before.  Very Cool Lake you guys have there. Anyway we are sitting in gold run fishing and looked out the windows of the hut as a truck is driving right at us and then comes within 10' as he passes.  Didnt think that was very cool, lost our bite for about 45 minutes and then decided to move before the jerk decided to come back by.  Not use to that where im from but kinda thought it was a **** move.  Didnt say anything to the guy or walk back to his area and cause anything cause it was vacation and just didnt want to get into anything or kill the buzz.  Great Lake you have there though, Very lucky

Offline bird50

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Drive By
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2015, 10:13 PM »
Yes, its a different world in some places.  Wait till you get to Northeast SD or MN and guys drilling so close to your shack the water runs into your floor.  They wouldn't have a clue why you'd be upset.

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 24, 2015, 10:25 PM »
Make a sign that says

"CAUTION!!!
PESSURE RIDGE!
DRIVE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

Then see how the drive-by's react.  ;D
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline corksniffer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I dont want to go home yet!!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 26, 2015, 12:57 PM »
I started keeping fish in the hut with me, folks were passing by close to see what i caught. I am personally too chicken to drive my truck on the ice, so when one passes...

Offline royjulius

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Top 5 Pike:14-5,15-5,15-10,17-0,18-4, 2B cont.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 03:27 PM »
It's hard to stay cool sometimes, but just letting it go and preserving your good time always seems to be the best move. Last week a guy got upset at my dog for coming over and playing with his 2 dogs. He said he wouldn't have brought his dogs out there if he had known I was out there with mine. Thing was, I was there for about 3 hrs before he showed up, and right out in plain sight. I kept cool, realizing he was just a newb and scared of something bad happening. I apologized for stirring things up when I came by and this guy on his bucket said "shoot, you didn't do anything wrong" then the other guy apologized and said he hoped he wasn't rude. I said "you weren't rude, just scared. Everyone brings a dog out here and if yours ain't social, then that ain't their fault." Then I went back to my holes and was proud I didn't lose my cool and let a newby jackarse ruin my day.  :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:

Offline Crav

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Mar 02, 2015, 09:43 AM »
Was on Deerfield on Saturday.  Two trucks came out and parked within 20 yards of my tent.  Kinda close I thought but hey they didn't have to drill any holes cause they used mine.  Next time hopefully they will bring some chairs and hop in the tent with us. Plenty of lake to be fished.

Offline missed again

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Mar 02, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Living in Sioux Falls and with the limited ice near us, people stack on me all the time.  Not that I always like it, but if they ask what i'm using for bait and lures I'll tell them.  Good sportsmanship goes a long way...  sorta like karma.  Sometimes you just have to be the better person.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Mar 02, 2015, 01:25 PM »
Nicely said missed again, and welcome to the Ice Shanty!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.