Author Topic: Switching computers  (Read 1348 times)

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Switching computers
« on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:19 AM »
I'm not sure if anybody is still playing this game much but I have a question that I hope somebody can answer. I recently got a new laptop and would like to transfer the Pro Pilikki 2 data, records, lake histories, etc from my previous computer over to the new laptop. How can I do this?

Thanks

Offline Hopkinz

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Switching computers
« Reply #1 on: Feb 24, 2015, 10:20 AM »
I've transfered Pro Pilkki data using Windows XP, You can probably do it with Win 7 or Win 8.

In Win XP, the Pro Pilkki data you want to keep is stored in the :

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Procyon\ProPilkki2\static  folder.

Assuming your new laptop is using Win 7 of Win 8 you are going to do a search and find the Procyon\ProPilkki2 folder then copy the old static data folder there.

Hop

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:53 AM »
Thanks Hop. Just to be clear.....I don't copy the entire old ProPilkki folder over to the new laptop, just the static data file. Do I just paste that into the new ProPilkki folder on the laptop? I have windows 7 on both.

Sorry but I'm a bit of a computer illiterate  :-\

Offline Hopkinz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2015, 02:57 PM »
Thanks Hop. Just to be clear.....I don't copy the entire old ProPilkki folder over to the new laptop, just the static data file. Do I just paste that into the new ProPilkki folder on the laptop? I have windows 7 on both.

There are three or four files in the static folder. Copy all of them from the old laptop to a thumb drive or whatever media you are going to use for the file transfer. Find the ProPilkki2\static folder on the new laptop and paste them in there. Windows will ask if you want to overwrite the existing files choose, YES.

Hop

Offline Tip-Up

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 26, 2015, 11:34 AM »
Bingo! Thank you kind sir  ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.