Author Topic: 2016 Rotary Derby Dates  (Read 2863 times)

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
2016 Rotary Derby Dates
« on: Feb 23, 2015, 03:55 PM »
Just saw on their Facebook page that the dates for next years derby will be Feb 13th and 14th. Valentines Day on ice? Could make for some unhappy spouses/girlfriends.

Offline 6wheels

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 2016 Rotary Derby Dates
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2015, 04:02 PM »
Yeah Randy, gonna have to choose between fishing and the wife. God I'm gonna miss her

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2015, 09:27 PM »
Where do you want to sleep? On the sofa or with the fishes???
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2015, 12:15 AM »
Wow yeah that's a little ridiculous...I was barely able to get away from my wife this year. Next year, pffft

Offline Rando5512

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather go fishin'!
« Reply #4 on: Feb 24, 2015, 03:28 AM »
Yeah Randy, gonna have to choose between fishing and the wife. God I'm gonna miss her
lol

Offline IceGrizz

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2015, 03:44 AM »
All good things must come to an end....
At least I'll get the dog, the guns, the motorcycle, and the fishin gear in the divorce.
Live until you die.
Flag's up!!
Line's tight!

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Feb 24, 2015, 07:22 AM »
All good things must come to an end....
At least I'll get the dog, the guns, the motorcycle, and the fishin gear in the divorce.
Right when I got divorced I literally left everything behind, only thing I took was my tool box, clothes, and all my fishing tackle. She was so focused on the $ she never thought to go after my fishing tackle. That would have been criminal. If you gotta fish the derby on valentines so be it. If the lady cant get over it, then shes not worth having. Or you could bribe her with a spa day at mills falls inn.
Salmonemia

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:21 AM »
You guys need some help. Here's what you do it works for me. Invite your Valentine and tell her that she can bring her friends the more the merrier! Make sure that you have a good warming hut and plenty of beverages. Very important to keep them warm and happy.

Does anyone want to fish the 2016 Derby with me next year?  ::)

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Feb 24, 2015, 10:37 AM »
My wife's birthday is 2/7 and son is 2/9. So I do battle for this every year... this is actually good for me.
It'll probably still cost me a suite at Mill Falls though, she has come to expect it!

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #9 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:00 PM »
You guys need some help. Here's what you do it works for me. Invite your Valentine and tell her that she can bring her friends the more the merrier! Make sure that you have a good warming hut and plenty of beverages. Very important to keep them warm and

I'm in Denny!  ;D

When you put it that way... I guess I could fish the derby.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:03 PM »
CD I knew that you would be your spot is reserved.  :thumbsup:

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:08 PM »
Thanks so much for that, Denny.  :)

Do ya think we should have some pre-derby practice sessions with the whole crew?

Offline PoolGuy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hello my name is Bill and I'm an ice fisherman !!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:41 PM »
Or you could bribe her with a spa day at mills falls inn.

Bingo !!
I just want to go ice fishing and ignore my adult problems

Offline nixstyx

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #13 on: Feb 24, 2015, 03:25 PM »
My wife's birthday is 2/7 and son is 2/9. So I do battle for this every year... this is actually good for me.
It'll probably still cost me a suite at Mill Falls though, she has come to expect it!

I have the same problem! Wife's birthday is 2/9. She understands my obsession and let me fish this year, but all her friends thought I was the worst husband ever. Valentines weekend actually works better because we don't do much for that holiday anyway.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Feb 24, 2015, 04:24 PM »
I luck out because my birthday is 2/2 and I always use that as my birthday gift so I can fish all weekend.  I just make sure Im home the weekend before.

Offline NHGunowner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #15 on: Feb 24, 2015, 04:54 PM »
My father in law tells me he battled the birthday thing for years. My wife is the 7th and her sister the 5th. And now his granson is the 9th. He's like well guess I'll just stay in the doghouse haha.
Its all good, I just plan parties around it and put my wife up nice for the weekend. "Ya I know it's your birthday, I'm giving you a vacation! "

Offline jellyroll44

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • may your lines be tight and your woman not so much
« Reply #16 on: Feb 24, 2015, 06:12 PM »
She knew when we got married she was second to fishing! Lol...

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:49 PM »
You guys need some help. Here's what you do it works for me. Invite your Valentine and tell her that she can bring her friends the more the merrier! Make sure that you have a good warming hut and plenty of beverages. Very important to keep them warm and happy.

Kinda curious, Denny.
Did Bam make you take that pic down? 

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #18 on: Feb 25, 2015, 04:50 AM »
She knew when we got married she was second to fishing! Lol...

Amen Brother. I got married in 1978 before I put the ring on her finger I told her I fish and I hunt and if that is going to be a problem well..........now 2015 I am still with the ole gal and haven't missed but one derby and not due to her. The key is to put them in their place right from the git go. And if you find the right one they already except that you fish and hunt and they wouldn't screw that up for you to begin with,  without needing to be bribed.
PB

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:16 AM »
The key is to put them in their place right from the git go.

And what right place is that?

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #20 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:23 AM »
agreed PB The key is to Set a precedent from square One. My current GF I told her flat out I am a fisherman, get used to it. Dont give me a hard time for doing my hobby. She forgets sometime and I remind her of that. She actually asked my mom once if she should take it personal because I go fishing alot, especially in winter Im out whenever I can. Moms reply, thats MY Son get used to it, hes been this way his whole life.  ;D
Salmonemia

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:38 AM »
Kinda curious, Denny.
Did Bam make you take that pic down?

No the powers to be  :callcops: did but they leave dennisg34 frostbit butt on the Circus post. WUWT?  ???

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:00 AM »
as others have said your life style AKA. fishing...hunting... or any "other" thing that you do needs to be established....for some the spouse thinks they can change us... my first wife didn't get it... she really believed she could make me into something I wasn't...I'm a hardcore Striper fisherman.. 4-5 nights a week... and It used to be worse... we had many a battle about it ( and the boat)... one famous "battle" end with me telling her I  had a boat before I had her and I'd have one after she was gone... she currently resides in an "institution" in Sana Monica Ca....my boat is under 8' of snow next to my garage  ;D..

My current Bride of 15 years totally get's it ... she has nothing to do with my boat ( she does help paint the bottom each spring AND BUY'S ME "TOYS" FOR IT ON OCCASION) or fishing or hunting.. she likes her spa days and  time  to do what she wants... when I told her the date she laughed and said" well you get out of cooking dinner that night" ( I cook her a valentines dinner every year)... I gave it the old "but it's valentines day" she said stop acting like an  ( horses backside) ... you know you are going .. you've never missed one yet...ya.. she get's it!
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline OldCaveman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #23 on: Feb 25, 2015, 08:19 AM »
  I haven't been home for valentines day for years. I do an annual trip to Pittsburg every Washington's birthday and it seems that valentines day always falls during this trip. I always take my wife of 40yrs out for a nice dinner before heading north and all is good.
John

Offline perch boy

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #24 on: Feb 25, 2015, 08:50 AM »
And what right place is that?

If you didn't/don't know by now what that place is then you are in for a world of bickering with the better half and no one can help you. sorry

Offline dennisg34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to fish!
« Reply #25 on: Feb 25, 2015, 09:37 AM »
If you didn't/don't know by now what that place is then you are in for a world of bickering with the better half and no one can help you. sorry

I understand what you're saying, i just wanted to hear it come out. You see, when you marry someone you love sometimes you have to sacrifice things. Now I'm not saying stop fishing altogether but it's not worth getting a divorce or any other drastic measures just to wet a line. Give and take is what goes along with mature relationships. I'll just get my wife a weekend at the spa that weekend. Both happy.

Offline BarringtonBrad

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • either on the ice or wishing I was
« Reply #26 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:26 PM »
  >:(  >:(  :'(I gotta better chance of seeing GOD than fishing on valentine's day!
Tight lines!!

Offline JoeGG

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #27 on: Feb 25, 2015, 06:31 PM »
C'mon fellas. Go up Thursday night and fish Friday and Saturday. Get up at the crack of dawn and fish for a few hours  on Sunday and go home a little early. Problem solved.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Feb 25, 2015, 08:40 PM »
as others have said your life style AKA. fishing...hunting... or any "other" thing that you do needs to be established....for some the spouse thinks they can change us... my first wife didn't get it... she really believed she could make me into something I wasn't...I'm a hardcore Striper fisherman.. 4-5 nights a week... and It used to be worse... we had many a battle about it ( and the boat)... one famous "battle" end with me telling her I  had a boat before I had her and I'd have one after she was gone... she currently resides in an "institution" in Sana Monica Ca....my boat is under 8' of snow next to my garage  ;D..

My current Bride of 15 years totally get's it ... she has nothing to do with my boat ( she does help paint the bottom each spring AND BUY'S ME "TOYS" FOR IT ON OCCASION) or fishing or hunting.. she likes her spa days and  time  to do what she wants... when I told her the date she laughed and said" well you get out of cooking dinner that night" ( I cook her a valentines dinner every year)... I gave it the old "but it's valentines day" she said stop acting like an  ( horses backside) ... you know you are going .. you've never missed one yet...ya.. she get's it!
A good example of "no substitute for experience" Roccus.
 :clap:
If your "new" bride helps bottom paint, buys boat toys and lets you fish 4 or 5 nights after work, I'd say ya have a winner! 

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 25, 2015, 09:12 PM »
No the powers to be  :callcops: did but they leave dennisg34 frostbit butt on the Circus post. WUWT?  ???

Yeah figured it was the  :callcops:. Didn't take any time at all either. 

It is a bit of a curiosity how a pic of something you can see everyday on the beach was removed and something you'd be arrested for on most beaches was allowed.  :unsure:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.