Author Topic: Racks  (Read 1979 times)

Offline oberRON

• IceShanty Rookie
Racks
« on: Feb 23, 2015, 10:06 AM »
Hello - I am trying to figure out a rack system for my quad so I don't have to tow my tub style shanty. I am tired of Saginaw Bay eating up my shanties. I have purchased another new shanty and want to carry it on the back of my quad instead of towing it. Does anyone have pics or plans of an extention or rack they use to carry their shanty instead of towing it?

Offline dairyman

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Racks
« Reply #1 on: Feb 23, 2015, 02:22 PM »
I built a platform out of plywood on the rear of my 4x4 with a piece of 2x2 front and rear,I simply lean my frabill on the side of the platform and lift it in place and down the road you go.  I made it the width of the tub so I would have a nice fit between the 2x2's

Offline JonPerry

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 23, 2015, 03:17 PM »
Mine is a 2x4 framer bolted to the rear rack, it sticks out back 2 ' & has a brace going down to the frame @ a 45 degree angle. I can put my flip on it & load to to the gills w/o a problem.

Offline Craig M

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2015, 04:33 PM »
Don't use wood for the bay.  All the traveling will you'll have to do will total it.  If anything, make a extension rack and U bolt it on amd keep the shanty up high so all the snow/slush doesn't get flung into it.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Aug 10, 2015, 09:34 AM »
http://www.shappell.com/images/ATV-RK.pdf

I believe the dimensions are 30" x 54 " by 12" tall

they no longer produce the rack any more but this will get you started if you are handy
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.