The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Stripers/hybrids through the ice??  (Read 9872 times)

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Stripers/hybrids through the ice??
« Reply #60 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:15 AM »
LOL, this is great! 

Frankie's a good guy, no question about it.  But to be honest he'll tell everyone he can about the fish he hooks, how big they were, how many, what he used, where he hooked them at, and then show them picks.  Regardless if he knows you or not.  I'm not bashing him, he has done that for years.  Now that dude can fish and he knows the lake, absolutely no question about it!  He is a good guy... With that being said this thread will draw more attention to that area than Frankie could with a smartphone and a Facebook account.   

If you do not want people to know who you are or what you are doing simply do not post picks or results up in a public forum.  Anyone that post up results or picture draws the attention to themselves.  There's no one else to blame.  Like when people post up I came in this place or that place while fishing the ice tournament.  It's not hard to know who duckandbuck and slabslayer are and what they drive from that.  Then when like ducksandbucks posts up honeyhole this and that.  IF I had the interest (which I do not) I'd simply go look for his truck and go from there.  I'm not trying to be a jerk by using your name(s) its simply you all are posting up on the topic at hand.  and everyone know who 1mo is from the picks he posts.  I would never post up what you drive, I'm not looking to burn you in any way.  That was just an example of how people find thing out from what you post.  Again I'm not trying to be a jerk or get things fired up.  Sometime people just hurt themselves by what they put out there.

The good thing is the more people that post up picks and results draw the attention away from you and onto them.

It do not post up picks or results for a reason.  That is my choice.  If you choose to post pick and or results that your choice and neither my or anyone's opinion on the topic will change that either way. If you have not figured out by now that people are going to post up picks and location on here.  Well I'm not sure what to even tell you.  If you do not want others to know who you are or what you are doing simply do not tell them. 

If you put your time in and have the ability to find prime locations that produce quality and quantity and you would like to keep them to yourself simply do not tell others.  Or have a select few that you can share information wit that will not get spread around.  If you have not figured that one you're not going to keep many good locations under your hat for long. 

Not that's it right or wrong.  I was out there fishing, I saw Frankie, slablsayer, 1mo and his crew just to mention a few.  I knew that Frankie was going to tell people and that at some point 1mo was going to post picks.  1mo likes to post and Frankie like to talk.  Right or wrong one mans choice is just that their choice.  There's no need to bash them in a public forum.  I've fished that lake many years and I have put my time on it.  What I choose to do with the information I have is up to me and what others choose to do with their information is up to them.  What gives me the right to judges or bash them for their choices simply because I do not share there same ideals?  Do not get my wrong I've shared my controversial opinion from time to time but it was because someone asked.     

Good luck to all and have a great open water season!

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:55 AM »
I saw it all ,giant gills,mid 70's,hog bass and slobber crappie in numbers late 70's early 80's. Then Panfish 10 fish limit,then growng numbers of ice fishermen and Post Gazette articles drawing the Burgher to the lake. Now the wonderful world of the net. There are a lot of good to great fishermen that don't take a pic of every fish they catch or blab,BRAG about there fish. I don't know what's right or wrong,and really don't care. Next winter pray for snow ,keep the ice boats from running you over on your stripper spot. I'm sure you'll have a lot of company.

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:18 AM »
Well said snapper

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #63 on: Mar 25, 2015, 10:44 AM »
Thanks Brother.

If you do not change with the times you'll be left behind.  We're simply never going to be in the 70's again.  You can be as successful in many but not all situations/lakes you simply have to be able to recognize and then adapt to the current conditions. 

I hope I did not step on anyone's toes that was not my intention.  The names dropped were simply because they were the ones that responded in this thread.  There was no intention to name drop or single anyone out.  Simply because something's right for me does not mean it, has to be, or even should be right for you.  We all have to recognize the area that we are in and make the best decision we can with the information we have.

Absolutely, stand firm in who you are, how you are, and what you believe.  That's what make you great.  Possibly not at the expense of other.  That price may be a little to great.

Offline Slabslayer17

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:07 AM »
Mo your one of the most dis liked guys on this site. Hope you know that. I don't own the lake but it's called having respect for other anglers And there's none from the people on here.

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:32 AM »
 I'm not left behind,been there done that. You guys got just about all the breeder bass out of there,not any big gill,and if you think catching 3 big crappie a day is fishing,that's fine. Glad there's strippers and cats left,after the wipers get exterminated,there will.be cats. Yea the 70's are gone,but boy there was some great fishing that you guys missed. To Slabslayer17,you took the words right out of my mouth. Some peeps act so righteous but there really not.

Offline cfisch84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Mar 25, 2015, 11:46 AM »
my god captain and slabslayer your still at it? haha the butthurt is unbeleivable here. you two are unbeleivable. snappers post pretty much should have ended this argument but you two insist on spilling your drivel. get over it.
esox rx

Offline ducksnbucks36

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #67 on: Mar 25, 2015, 02:47 PM »
No harm sor foul in saying my name snapper.  But I bet no one seen my truck anywhere this year  and I'd almost bet no one will find it next year either ;D. I was very incognito especially after being followed and set up beside the entire first day I was out by the same guy. Heck it was probably cfisch the first day I got out was a weekend  ;)

There's a difference between posting fish are hitting and what, and flapping the flappers ruining an area.   I mean heck in all the years ice fishing this is the most I've seen more people out by McDaniels than in muddy creek.....and I wonder who was the one who flapped about that place being such a fish magnet of an area when it's not at all.  it doesn't take long to push or over harvest strippers from an area and I can give you a couple areas it's been done to.

I mean if I had the let's keep every fish I catch to take a picture and brag about how good of a spot this is and how much of a fish catching god I am you'd be lucky if there's any striper left in the lake when summers over, and be lucky to catch a crappie bigger then your palm.  There's nothing more sickening to me then seeing someone pile a sled full of  green cardboard , and filling a bucket with crappies that you're lucky to get a sliver of meat off of then complaining how there's no fish or fish with size in the lake.  And like slabslayer said I don't own the lake but it's all about respect. 

My old man tells me about those years Captain And how much fun it'd be just to hit the lake for 30 minutes cause that's all you needed for your arm to get tired from setting the hook. 

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #68 on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:28 PM »
you guys still dont get it? fishin is entertainment and so is iceshanty,or is it something else to you? we complain about every one else catchin fish butt us,i e the dutchies, the locals from butler,the weekend warriors,the meat hogs, the illegal poachers,etc etc etc.come on now is it that important to you or are you depressed being the end of the season? i know dozens of guys who load up the bucket every time their out? and will continue to till the regulations change? affectionately it wasnt big mouth frankie who divulged the spot it was slabslayer braggin about the 70 fish days which yes i was witness to and i participated in the more than that days.the rant on this sublect has done more to hurt the spot than any picture posting you guys have givin forum and credability to the subject? you should stop the anger,IE "anger management" programs out there for those who need help with their penchant to rant about insignificant matters.as for the 70's, people should remember the days of no keepers all juvenile bass? it was a muskie /pike lake which most were dragged out to parade through the local pubs then discarded as "yote" bait. what i have come to find everyone still is catching fish and if your not you need to as snapper said change your tactics.and another secret is the late and early bite,you rarely see any one after dark and before dawn thats when most of the quality fish are caught? hope it helps
GOD BLESS
mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline GreenFinnyBlinny

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #69 on: Mar 25, 2015, 03:52 PM »
hell that picture was photo shopped anyhow this is all a hoax... I know what you guys are doing... lets fake people out and trick them into fishing in dead spots and say there aren't any fish left just so we all stay home then to top it all off all the Mo's are 1 person anyhow...

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Mar 25, 2015, 04:39 PM »
hell that picture was photo shopped anyhow this is all a hoax... I know what you guys are doing... lets fake people out and trick them into fishing in dead spots and say there aren't any fish left just so we all stay home then to top it all off all the Mo's are 1 person anyhow...
busted!lol  :clap: :callcops: :whistle: :laugh: :-X ;)2 :pinch: :roflmao:
GOD BLESS
mo MO Mo mO
no mo mo mo
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline cfisch84

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Mar 25, 2015, 04:40 PM »
No harm sor foul in saying my name snapper.  But I bet no one seen my truck anywhere this year  and I'd almost bet no one will find it next year either ;D. I was very incognito especially after being followed and set up beside the entire first day I was out by the same guy. Heck it was probably cfisch the first day I got out was a weekend  ;)
no i wouldnt worry about that being me since i try and stay away from that circus on the weekends. good try though  ;D
esox rx

Offline Stillhead

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Mar 25, 2015, 09:06 PM »
lol, I knew it would come to this the minute Frank called me and said he found them. That's why I didn't even bother trying.  I don't like that he blabs everything, but he'll never change. I guess it doesn't matter to him because he'll just move on and find the next spot.  Oh and by the way, unless someone is keeping more than their daily limit, or they stop stocking them, wipers will never be fished out of that lake. There's a few days a year when they are schooled in shallow during broad daylight where you can see them. I could tell you where and narrow it down to a two week window for you but I won't. If you saw it you would not believe it.  Now the pressure may make them tougher to get to bite, or drive them away from the secret spot, but fished out? Not going to happen. More are killed by the deep water trollers in the summertime when they are fought to death in 80 degree water than will every be killed by ice fisherman killing them two a day. Maybe if everyone starts targeting the wipers then the naturally reproducing fish in the lake will get a break, both from the ice fisherman and from the wipers mowing through every fish they swim by less than 12 inches long. Having said all that, I'm sure glad I got to experience the wiper fishing before the internet sites,newspaper articles and throw net maniacs.

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:47 AM »
Like I said brother I was not point fingers at you or slabslayer intentionally I used the two of you and others names because of their vocal approach on the topic at hand.  I'm not interests in tossing anyone under the buss.  I get what you're saying I just do not agree with how you went about saying it.  That's okay there's more than one way to go about things.  My way your way they are choice we make.  Look at the 4 Maples posting up on here destroyed that location.  I get it, I just do not agree with how you went about it.

Again Frankie's a good dude man he simply likes to talk and 1mo likes to post picks there no difference.  Granted one will draw more attention than other.  But then again look at all the comments here they drew as much attention to the topic as any pick posted and more attention than anyone Frank talked too.  Do you then blame yourself or at least partially blame yourself for keeping the topic at the top of the page?  That may be a stretch. 

Frank and 1mo go out a lot and have done so for years, they are successful, put their time in, learned the area, and like to show the results.  Right or wrong I do not know, it's not the correct decision for me.  But they should not be forced into that because of my ideals.  Everyone likes to feel good about who they are, everyone like to be successful.  Understand the game, the players involved, and make the adjustments you need for you to be successful. 

Well said stillhead you're spot on.  I have not seen you in a few years.  When I saw Frank last I asked how you were doing.  I'm with you man striper fishing back in the day was great.  It's just like anything else you have to make the adjustments to deal with the change in times and conditions or get left behind.  Or you can simply sit there and say remember when...

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Mar 26, 2015, 08:29 AM »
i think 1mofish is a good guy ,always willing to try and put someone on fish or help with some advice.welcome to lake Arthur fishing this lake is pretty small and pressured to keep spots secrete very long and with more and more people its keeps getting harder.oh well.so we are going to deal with it by being rude and wining ?             cant wait for next year and being on the ice already, good luck in the open water everyone.

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Mar 26, 2015, 03:00 PM »
im a graduate of the eddie spaghetti school of pic posting lol its entertainment people like seeing pics ? I got 5 pages of pm's I help people in return I ask for help. moslab,fishunter,eddie spaghetti,big bob,big vfb etc all on speed dial
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #76 on: Mar 26, 2015, 04:19 PM »
That's funny....  Should have a anyway at the end though.

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline creel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Mar 26, 2015, 05:00 PM »
LET IT GO, LET IT GO, there is no Ice any more, LET IT GO, LET IT GO, the Stripers are gone for sure, Frank doesn't care what the Ice Shanty Fishermen say, let the Bull Ship fly, Gossip never bothered Frank anyway.
thats a good fish, they are all good, some are gooder than others

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Mar 26, 2015, 07:27 PM »
im a graduate of the eddie spaghetti school of pic posting lol its entertainment people like seeing pics ? I got 5 pages of pm's I help people in return I ask for help. moslab,fishunter,eddie spaghetti,big bob,big vfb etc all on speed dial
GOD BLESS
mo

No Mo, after this season, you are an associate professor at the school. You are the man!

Not that the people that should will care.  But, I find it disappointing in the way this thread has turned out. I'm not sure why a site like Shanty exists, if it's not to share with others who fish. What's the purpose?  If you want to beech and moan, move over to another popular PA fishing site, it seems to exist for that purpose. My guess is, many are here because of that.  Calling 1Mo "one of the most hated" on the site is juvenile. Ripping on the working man cause he only gets out on the weekend. That is funny. So now, if you don't get out Monday through Friday, release everything, and keep the hot spot to yourself, you're not a legitimate sportsman/fisherman.  Yea, right. ::)

It's been a funny season. I had one board member call me a "Richard" and tell me to !@*#off this year, he didn't like it when I pointed out he was full of bull. Another from Montana wants to kick my butt because I agree that a "no fishing" sign means just that. It's a shame. I look forward to ice season, and all the guys I know from Ice Shanty.

Oh, and for those of you keeping score, I kept zero fish from LA this season. I caught a bunch of fish, had a lot of fun, reconnected with some old friends, and made a few new ones. I have the memories and pictures to prove it.

Offline Snapper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Mar 27, 2015, 07:26 AM »
This thread is like lays potatoes chips, you simply cannot put it down.  Plus there's not much going on elsewhere.   

Eddie post up those picks you can make the most wanted list too. Now next season if you eat the fish you hook and post picks then you'll be at the top of the list.  Please understand, it will take you some time to bump 1mo from the top.  But with some hard work & effort I'm sure you can accomplish the task at hand.  Obviously if you wish to accomplish this goal in a resalable amount of time you'll have to go to another lake other than L.A. because there's a very limited amount of fish in there worth catching.

Although there is no safe ice, there is fishing to be done.

Tight lines to all! 

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Mar 27, 2015, 09:47 AM »
lmao

Offline FISHHUNTER80

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • GET THE GAFF!!!
« Reply #81 on: Mar 31, 2015, 07:03 AM »
Dam, I missed a lot!! This thread made my morning!! I've fished with just about all the guys that posted on this thread. I think I'm the peaceful guy in the middle cause I love all ya *****s!! I dont think I have any enemy's on here. I've helped put guys on fish and was helped by others. I would never drill n fish between two guys like slab mentioned. That would bug me a bit too. You gotta give a guy some space. I have been asked by others if I minded that they fished next to me. Anyone polite enough to ask like that at least was trying to be good about it. I was personally invited by 3 different guys to join in the striper action. I never did get out there at all, but was told more info about it than my brain could ever retain. Wish I could have gone just chose to stay on the crappie that provided more frequent action for the kid or kids that went with me. There are still a few secret spots on Arthur, but you have to help create them and be selective with the location. Sink brush piles in productive water off the beaten path and you'll have fish. Most ice fishermen are not going to make a super long pull to fish an unknown out of the way area. There are places on that lake that are over a 30 minute walk from road access. If you dont want to stand out fish where you won't stand out. I dont think this site gives anything away really from pictures its mostly who you tell and what you tell. That and people aren't blind. If you have a tent city that looks like coopers lake set up day in and day out in the same spot guys will take notice. Kinda like drilling 100 holes in the same spot says gees theres a brush pile here. Its just part of fishing. All the guys on here are great fishermen. The trick is to find the spots 1st and get the best and most action you can before word gets out or guys notice you. Then move on to find the next great spot. Crappie point, dead forest, the maples and underwater bridge. Those have all been killer spots over the years. They still produce. They aren't ruined its just that the fish that are there are shared by a lot of guys that hit those areas frequently. The striper area may be like that too its just part of the cycle. I should add that the striper area is huge unlike the maples and other areas named. There were stripers cause 300 yards apart from each other just so people understand it wasn't like you had to share a 10" hole to catch one. They were traveling fish. Nobody was getting them all season either. Striper don't feed much in the dead of winter. They "wake up" so to speak when the weather starts to change. Many years the ice would have been crap, by the time any were being hooked. This was just a great year where everything lined up just right. They moved through that area and guys were ready for them. Tons will be caught when the ice first leaves too. Its been a great long ice season and best of luck to all in the open water.

Offline icefishermik

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Apr 01, 2015, 07:24 PM »
Dam, I missed a lot!! This thread made my morning!! I've fished with just about all the guys that posted on this thread. I think I'm the peaceful guy in the middle cause I love all ya *****s!! I dont think I have any enemy's on here. I've helped put guys on fish and was helped by others. I would never drill n fish between two guys like slab mentioned. That would bug me a bit too. You gotta give a guy some space. I have been asked by others if I minded that they fished next to me. Anyone polite enough to ask like that at least was trying to be good about it. I was personally invited by 3 different guys to join in the striper action. I never did get out there at all, but was told more info about it than my brain could ever retain. Wish I could have gone just chose to stay on the crappie that provided more frequent action for the kid or kids that went with me. There are still a few secret spots on Arthur, but you have to help create them and be selective with the location. Sink brush piles in productive water off the beaten path and you'll have fish. Most ice fishermen are not going to make a super long pull to fish an unknown out of the way area. There are places on that lake that are over a 30 minute walk from road access. If you dont want to stand out fish where you won't stand out. I dont think this site gives anything away really from pictures its mostly who you tell and what you tell. That and people aren't blind. If you have a tent city that looks like coopers lake set up day in and day out in the same spot guys will take notice. Kinda like drilling 100 holes in the same spot says gees theres a brush pile here. Its just part of fishing. All the guys on here are great fishermen. The trick is to find the spots 1st and get the best and most action you can before word gets out or guys notice you. Then move on to find the next great spot. Crappie point, dead forest, the maples and underwater bridge. Those have all been killer spots over the years. They still produce. They aren't ruined its just that the fish that are there are shared by a lot of guys that hit those areas frequently. The striper area may be like that too its just part of the cycle. I should add that the striper area is huge unlike the maples and other areas named. There were stripers cause 300 yards apart from each other just so people understand it wasn't like you had to share a 10" hole to catch one. They were traveling fish. Nobody was getting them all season either. Striper don't feed much in the dead of winter. They "wake up" so to speak when the weather starts to change. Many years the ice would have been crap, by the time any were being hooked. This was just a great year where everything lined up just right. They moved through that area and guys were ready for them. Tons will be caught when the ice first leaves too. Its been a great long ice season and best of luck to all in the open water.

now that's what I call a nice post. no bashing here. no bashing necessary either. just the plain truth. thanks fishhunter80 for restoring my faith in mankind.

Offline frank jankovic

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Apr 03, 2015, 08:55 PM »
 i  started  catching   stripers   Jan 26   so if thay wake   up thay   don t   sleep  long   i  once  thought   that   way        but  this  year    i   found    out    different  :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\      an  if   i   could   keep a  secreat     no  one   would   know .

Offline 1moslab

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #84 on: Apr 04, 2015, 11:43 AM »
lays potato chips ;D ;D

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Jun 05, 2015, 01:41 PM »
im ready to tie into one of those secret fishes right about now!
GOD BLESS
mo

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #86 on: Jun 05, 2015, 09:10 PM »
(Image removed from quote.) im ready to tie into one of those secret fishes right about now!
GOD BLESS
mo

Now Mo, why you gotta be like that?   ;D

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #87 on: Nov 13, 2015, 10:15 AM »

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.