Author Topic: WV # of lines? and Creel limit?  (Read 1754 times)

Offline Ridgehunter2002

• IceShanty Rookie
WV # of lines? and Creel limit?
« on: Feb 21, 2015, 02:10 PM »
I have never ice fished WV and want to do so this year, always other states.  In waters that are not stocked with trout, how many lines is one allowed to use?  I looked through the regulation book and did not see anything mentioned for the number of lines except 2 in an area stocked with trout.  Also is there a limit for pan fish (crappie and bluegill)?

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
Re: WV # of lines? and Creel limit?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2015, 07:22 PM »
This is what the regs say,illegal to fish with more than two lines or poles in an impoundment stocked with trout by the DNR,from jan-1st,to may 31st.
     Laymens terms,any impoundment ( pond or lake ) that the DNR stocks with trout,only permits two poles or lines in the water,period!from January,through may.Regardless what you are fishing for ( gill,crappie,cats ext),once you hit June you may use more poles/ lines,but really,if the fish are hitting,two poles/ lines might keep you busy.

Offline Osage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If it ain't my business,It ain't my business !!!
« Reply #2 on: Feb 21, 2015, 07:24 PM »
This is what the regs say,illegal to fish with more than two lines or poles in an impoundment stocked with trout by the DNR,from jan-1st,to may 31st.
     Laymens terms,any impoundment ( pond or lake ) that the DNR stocks with trout,only permits two poles or lines in the water,period!from January,through may.Regardless what you are fishing for ( gill,crappie,cats ext),once you hit June you may use more poles/ lines,but really,if the fish are hitting,two poles/ lines might keep you busy.
Oops,there is no limit on panfish,but trout are limited to 6 daily.

Offline West by Virginia

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:10 PM »
Sleepy Creek is not stocked with trout that I know of.   Might head there tomorrow.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.