The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Maranacook lake  (Read 1866 times)

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
Maranacook lake
« on: Feb 19, 2015, 06:55 PM »
Wondering if anyone has any luck catching lake trout there? I know they did at one point but I haven't fished it.

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
Re: Maranacook lake
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:00 PM »
Used to be real good togue fishing 7-8 years ago. The state seems to want to manage it for brookies browns n salmon now. Unfortunate IMO.

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:02 PM »
Used to be real good togue fishing 7-8 years ago. The state seems to want to manage it for brookies browns n salmon now. Unfortunate IMO.
Too many places now focus on brook trout fishing and not the big cold water game fish it's sad if only could fish lake auburn :/

Offline Jim_C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I never met a fish I didn't like.
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2015, 10:24 AM »
Spot on about the togue IMO.  Hot togue fishing there up until 2007.  Slooooooow for them now.  Salmon may turn up about anywhere, often sniffing around my bass sets.

Offline fishing207

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Mar 04, 2015, 06:07 PM »
Anybody have luck catching smelts there recently? Never fished for lake smelts and looking for any tips on access to get on the lake and success for smelts/other species. Not looking for any hot spots or longitude and latitude of where to drill a hole but any help is appreciated

Offline jfisherman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 04, 2015, 07:08 PM »
They smelt it hard Winthrop end. It's been slow. I'm going to try it for salmon tomorrow.

Offline HardwaterFish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:01 PM »
The togue may not as abundant, but they are still there. We have been catching them out of my shack on and off all winter, jigging and on traps, and if you don't believe the big ones are still there, check out the Jack traps page  ;D

Offline nbourque

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fish or die
« Reply #7 on: Mar 05, 2015, 03:26 PM »
The togue may not as abundant, but they are still there. We have been catching them out of my shack on and off all winter, jigging and on traps, and if you don't believe the big ones are still there, check out the Jack traps page  ;D
yep def some big togue in there still.

Offline MaineBass

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Mar 05, 2015, 08:27 PM »
I live relatively close but have never fished it..maybe I'll give it a try...Is there any decent parking along Memorial Drive or is the best bet to park at the boat launch in Winthrop and walk?

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Mar 06, 2015, 07:09 AM »
I park at the launch in Winthrop

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.