The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Flasher million questions  (Read 1301 times)

Offline DIXIEDOG12

• IceShanty Rookie
Flasher million questions
« on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:07 AM »
Any local place (Bangor through southern Maine is OK) to pick up a flasher at a decent price?     I never used on for ice fishing but had one on a bass boat many years ago....is there anything specific I need to look for to get one to ice fish with?    What type of money would it take to get one that will work decent for jigging around here?

Offline bee

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Flasher million questions
« Reply #1 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:36 AM »
Lowest around 300.00. Check Dicks.
Thats Why They Call It Fishing.

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:44 AM »
There is a board set up just for electronics.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?board=74.0

More information and reviews on every flasher out there

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #3 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:47 AM »
How much are you willing to spend?

All Dick’s is showing at the moment is the Showdown 5.6 dual beam. I have one. Good rig! Also have a Marcum LX7. as my primary rig.

Cabela’s shows quite a few options.

I see Amazon has a lot! If you can wait a few days, try there.

Personally I prefer Marcum over Vexilar products. I don’t enjoy the constant whirring vexs make.
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline BlackDogAlpha

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:36 AM »
Wicked easy. Go to Dags in Auburn. My only semi-issue with them is they only offer store credit on returns, and thats a lot of credit if you change your mind. I'd call em first.

Offline blacktrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #5 on: Feb 19, 2015, 11:24 AM »
If they gave you store credit on electronics, that would be really good.  Most places you buy a fishfinder, you own it period.

Offline codyp33

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 19, 2015, 12:15 PM »
Cabelas 275 for the lowrance 4 but they have a 3 that alittle cheap the work great have know complaints.

Offline thefshdentist

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 19, 2015, 04:31 PM »
i recently purchased a vexiliar fl-18 of amazon shipping and all for 380 $. love it dont know how i ever fished without it .

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 19, 2015, 04:59 PM »
Wicked easy. Go to Dags in Auburn. My only semi-issue with them is they only offer store credit on returns, and thats a lot of credit if you change your mind. I'd call em first.

Yup, might even get to see one in action, on the ice.

Offline DIXIEDOG12

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2015, 05:37 AM »
Wicked easy. Go to Dags in Auburn. 

Did just that and there were quite a few to pick through.   Got a Marcum LX5 that should work great.     I've driven past there a lot of times and never stopped in, I'm sure I'll be stopping by more in the future now that I see how much inventory he has.

If anyone is looking for a HB Ice 35 he had a couple used units for sale at a decent savings too.

Offline Anomaly

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Formerly clamfarmer
« Reply #10 on: Feb 21, 2015, 06:20 AM »
Did just that and there were quite a few to pick through.   Got a Marcum LX5 that should work great.     I've driven past there a lot of times and never stopped in, I'm sure I'll be stopping by more in the future now that I see how much inventory he has.

If anyone is looking for a HB Ice 35 he had a couple used units for sale at a decent savings too.

Good choice. I know guys that have and really like that unit. Let’s see some reports with pics when you get ‘er in the water!
"You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy fishing gear and that’s kind of the same thing.” 

Offline djbinding

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #11 on: Feb 21, 2015, 11:44 AM »
Just got Lowrance elite 3 all season pack. Comes with ice transducer. Cabelas was sold out. Went to eBay and spent $246 with a mail in $50 rebate. Wakezone Marine was the seller. Placed order at 4:00 pm and it arrived next day free shipping. I was very impressed. So for $200 I get a nice self contained portable unit. On my way to Chamberlain now to test her out.

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Feb 21, 2015, 12:07 PM »
Just got Lowrance elite 3 all season pack. Comes with ice transducer. Cabelas was sold out. Went to eBay and spent $246 with a mail in $50 rebate. Wakezone Marine was the seller. Placed order at 4:00 pm and it arrived next day free shipping. I was very impressed. So for $200 I get a nice self contained portable unit. On my way to Chamberlain now to test her out.
F

Friend just bought one ... couldn't hardy get bottom at 80 feet and couldn't get any fish signals at all while a little ways
off I was seeing then on my dual beam. He all kinds of adjustments including switching to a narrower beam and nothing
seemed to help. I am pretty sure the battery was  fully charged.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #13 on: Feb 21, 2015, 01:03 PM »
Its all boils down to battery strength . Small units just don't have big enough batteries. And running apts off phones will wear down phones fast.   I am amazed how long my battery lasts in my Flashers.

Offline djbinding

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #14 on: Mar 05, 2015, 06:17 PM »
Was happy with the 3x.  worked well in 20 f.o.w once i played with the sensitivity settings.  Kinda frustrating watching that big blob next to my jig and not be able to hook it.  Having the unit actually added some fun to the hard water experience.  When its -14 and blowing its like having a home theater in the shack.  Lol!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.