Author Topic: Fishing Lake?  (Read 1022 times)

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Fishing Lake?
« on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:07 PM »
Has anyone tried Fishing lake? Any info appreciated.  :) ???

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fishing Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 21, 2015, 10:50 PM »
I'm interested as well. Bite? Can you drive in and from where? Leslie Beach? Any info appreciated.

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 28, 2015, 01:14 PM »
Anyone been there lately? Thinking of trying it out tomorrow. Any info on bite, area, ice cond...... appreciated.  ??? :)

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #3 on: Mar 29, 2015, 06:29 PM »
Hi killemfish,

I am probably a bit late now, but I was out a Fishing Lake last Sat. (March 21st), and yesterday (March 28th).

My uncle and I went of Murry beach both times and found found pike and walleye. 1 pike & 1 walleye the first time out and 3 pike + 1 walleye that got off the 2nd time out. :tipup:
Good numbers of both species on camera also. We were around the 9 - 10 foot mark.

We drove around the lake yesterday and also say guys fishing off the boat launch at Leslie Beach and off the N tip of the berm. Apparently they have been picking off both pike and walleye of Leslie beach all winter long, some days better than others, but still action.

The ice was still good and solid right up to the shoreline. It may take some good hot days before anything starts to melt out that way. :P

If you did go out, how did you do, and where did you try? ???

On a side note, have any of you ever tried the Foam Lake Reservoir,( just S of town) in the open water season or through the ice?

If so how did you do?

Apparently it is stocked with perch and walleye. :-\

WW

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.