The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Meet & Greet on Sebago ....UPDATED.... ( March 7th at The State Park)  (Read 16437 times)

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Meet & Greet on Sebago .... ( March 7th at Nasons Beach)
« Reply #60 on: Feb 23, 2015, 06:52 PM »
Not trying to snow on anyone's parade, but there is a ton of snow on that end of the lake (like everywhere), and there is a huge pressure ridge that looks like it goes from Harmon to the Muddy.

as big as WG?

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Meet & Greet on Sebago???
« Reply #61 on: Feb 23, 2015, 08:43 PM »
                   look you you have made your share of doe plowing this year  lets have a nice 50 degree day ;D

LOL. Gerajammer told me he use to hate to see Downeast Energy coming up his driveway, but I took over that spot.  I told him with all the snow this season I was looking to buy them as soon as I had time to cash a few checks. LOL

I am ready for a 50 degree day, just not sure mother nature knows how to do that anymore.

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 23, 2015, 09:28 PM »
I am ready for a 50 degree day, just not sure mother nature knows how to do that anymore    ya its a woman thing anything to mess with us men
in god we trust

Offline sebagosalmo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #63 on: Feb 24, 2015, 02:22 AM »
Not trying to snow on anyone's parade, but there is a ton of snow on that end of the lake (like everywhere), and there is a huge pressure ridge that looks like it goes from Harmon to the Muddy.

There is snow on the big side , but only 6-8 inches vs 6-8 inches snow then 6 inches of slush on Jordan Bay Area , I went for a ride with the wife and grand daughter Sunday by my house near Squaw Island and almost got stuck 2 times , multiple slush pockets :(
I fished great shoals Sunday morning from Jordan's store out no slush pockets other than 1.5 miles out where a Guide had fished a area with 5 clients and drilled 30 holes in a small area that had some slush with 6 inches of slush. Once we left that area we saw no more slush ! I talked to a guy that launched from Nason's and he said he crossed over pressure ridge there and there is a trail leading over it that everyone is useing !! It was the same way last year ! As long as the pressure ridge doesn't sperate it should be good !!

I will make a point to go over to Nason's this Sunday and park and fish that area and report back to you all !!

Unfortunately I work on Saterday so I won't be able to attend this fun event

I will keep you all posted to my findings

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 24, 2015, 06:56 AM »
Me and my father will be there. Anyone that has a sled and wouldn't mind hooking us up with a ride out to the lake from parking area would be deaply appreciated I am going  into surgery this Friday. If your gping to be there and can help please shoot me a pm! I don't wanna miss it!

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #65 on: Feb 24, 2015, 11:21 AM »
Scalloper........ If your interested coming down for this event, the Inn is on the ice.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #66 on: Feb 24, 2015, 01:36 PM »
Scalloper........ If your interested coming down for this event, the Inn is on the ice.

Wahooooo......   :thumbsup:
QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline Scoobyshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #67 on: Feb 24, 2015, 01:56 PM »
There is snow on the big side , but only 6-8 inches vs 6-8 inches snow then 6 inches of slush on Jordan Bay Area , I went for a ride with the wife and grand daughter Sunday by my house near Squaw Island and almost got stuck 2 times , multiple slush pockets :(
I fished great shoals Sunday morning from Jordan's store out no slush pockets other than 1.5 miles out where a Guide had fished a area with 5 clients and drilled 30 holes in a small area that had some slush with 6 inches of slush. Once we left that area we saw no more slush ! I talked to a guy that launched from Nason's and he said he crossed over pressure ridge there and there is a trail leading over it that everyone is useing !! It was the same way last year ! As long as the pressure ridge doesn't sperate it should be good !!

I will make a point to go over to Nason's this Sunday and park and fish that area and report back to you all !!

Unfortunately I work on Saterday so I won't be able to attend this fun event

I will keep you all posted to my findings

Fishing is great over there. Snow is deep on the beach but lake has only 5 inches. The cusk were fat and delicious.  Boat launch has a chain across it though, so you will need to be creative.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Feb 24, 2015, 08:11 PM »
Fishing is great over there. Snow is deep on the beach but lake has only 5 inches. The cusk were fat and delicious.  Boat launch has a chain across it though, so you will need to be creative.

Do you mean the whole parking area is chained off or just the launch??

Offline sebagosalmo

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #69 on: Feb 25, 2015, 02:07 AM »
Do you mean the whole parking area is chained off or just the launch??

Thought the same thing as you Brenda, so I called Scoobyshacks yesterday and talked to him
It's just the chain down on the cement launch not the rd down to the launch ;D

Offline hookngal

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #70 on: Feb 25, 2015, 09:04 AM »
Seems as though there should be some snowmobile tracks from the parking area to the ice,(which is only a stone s throw away)  to make access easier for those walking out.  :-\

I'm sorry to say, I have to work that day, but I'm sure you guys/gals will have a blast!! :tipup:  Can't wait for pictures.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #71 on: Feb 25, 2015, 02:27 PM »
Thought the same thing as you Brenda, so I called Scoobyshacks yesterday and talked to him
It's just the chain down on the cement launch not the rd down to the launch ;D

SaaaaWeeeet!!!! ;D   

Offline fishingkid#1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #72 on: Feb 25, 2015, 05:43 PM »
ill try to make a showing if i can get the time off of work

Offline Hoppes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 2021 Hardwater - Another Maine Super Season
« Reply #73 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:16 PM »
Son and I will probably join ya all.  Can my wheeler make it to the ice from the parking lot?  Praying for a warmish day, this winter has been brutal! 
Hunting and fishing!  God's gift to mankind
Strike master 40 V Electric
Otter Insulated
2019 Ski Doo Expedition
Jack Traps

Offline Coach

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #74 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:34 PM »
I am ready for a 50 degree day, just not sure mother nature knows how to do that anymore    ya its a woman thing anything to mess with us men
LOL, but atleast we get to have the last word, YES DEAR

Just to help with that 50 degree day, I took the plow off the truck and washed it today. ;D ;D

I plan to be there, along with our crew

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #75 on: Feb 25, 2015, 08:08 PM »
YES DEAR            ive said those words many times   gonna try to make it as well
in god we trust

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
« Reply #76 on: Feb 25, 2015, 08:24 PM »
ill try to make a showing if i can get the time off of work
You r a walking billboard now. Call the shots Brady...more Dags speaking engagements and on the clock!
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline NH piker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • I'm tracker2011 on MFF
« Reply #77 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:57 AM »
If my fishing buddy gets the Sat. off from work we are thinking of coming up. Neither of us have ever fished or been to Sebago Lake. Where is a bait shop close by. I have GPS so I'm not worried of finding everyone. I just started this year ice fishing for Togue and have much to learn still but I am having fun with what I've caught so far. I'll be coming from Central NH and coming up Int. 95

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #78 on: Feb 26, 2015, 07:11 AM »
If my fishing buddy gets the Sat. off from work we are thinking of coming up. Neither of us have ever fished or been to Sebago Lake. Where is a bait shop close by. I have GPS so I'm not worried of finding everyone. I just started this year ice fishing for Togue and have much to learn still but I am having fun with what I've caught so far. I'll be coming from Central NH and coming up Int. 95

Sebago Bait at top of page sponsor
MCW Bait on Rt114 (aka Fort Hill Road) about a mile south of Intersection of Rt #35
Jordans Store Route #114

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #79 on: Feb 26, 2015, 07:23 AM »
MIGHT need to change locations....I want to hear what you guys think

Went down to Nasons beach last night,  THERE IS a pressure ridge that goes the length of it (Not sure how people feel about crossing that?)
I didn't go out by it or did I see where anyone else had crossed it :-\  However I do know that last year there was one in the same area, and people did cross it....I however did not! ;)
Also I think we might have a parking issue, the road is narrow in spots (If only I had a bucket loader to move the snow banks back)  ::)
As it is now, we might be able to get 20 trucks in there.

Our other option would be to have the M&G at the Station.  I know it gets busy there on the weekends but at least there's a decent parking area, easy lake access, and a Porta-Potty if needed.

I honestly don't care where we have it, my only concern is, I'm not sure how you guys feel about going over a pressure ridge? Because I know  a lot of you are going to want to go out deeper to fish.

Offline LINGUINI

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #80 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:18 PM »
their is a lot of deep water from the station 120 feet or so

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:29 PM »
I'm interested in joining you guys. Not familiar with the lake at all though so directions will be needed

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #82 on: Feb 27, 2015, 04:22 AM »
Maybe the state park? Lots of parking and easy access

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
« Reply #83 on: Feb 27, 2015, 06:54 AM »
Maybe the state park? Lots of parking and easy access
   Yep it has everything . Parking , access and a short walk to deep water .  It has also been a productive place for big fish .

Offline tundra redneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #84 on: Feb 27, 2015, 07:30 AM »
   Yep it has everything . Parking , access and a short walk to deep water .  It has also been a productive place for big fish .
short walk sounds good and its nice and plowed

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #85 on: Feb 27, 2015, 08:41 AM »
After A LOT of consideration, and talking with some of you.  I think it would be BEST that we move our M&G to the State Park.

It seems like we're going to have a good crowd attending so we'll need plenty of parking space, and easy access for the walkers.

I'm sorry if this change doesn't work for some of you but in this case the majority rules.  And I appreciate all of the inputs I got. ;D

So it is FINAL.....The State Park  March 7th :tipup:   Hope to see you all there.....  Brenda

Now let the planning begin.......Who can bring what??  We're going to need a grill or two, Food, drinks, Paper plates etc.  ;D

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
can you get around on a wheeler at the park
in god we trust

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
can you get around on a wheeler at the park

Sure can! Only about 2in of snow on ice

Offline Shawn Breton

• Team IceShanty Regular
Is there a set time for everyone to meet there?

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
North Windham McDonalds  6:30am For Fishing instructions.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.