The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Meet & Greet on Sebago ....UPDATED.... ( March 7th at The State Park)  (Read 16445 times)

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I drove in and around the park today and lots of parking .Plowed nice and wide. 3 out on the Camels Pasture today and one guy out off Cubs point.  Gates are wide open and buried in snow. I think they have a foot less snow than Portland area.

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
Took a walk out there this afternoon . Gate open and plowed into snow . One guy off cub point no fish . A small crack off bear point that is being freely crossed by machines .  Just enough snow on the ice so you don't need grippers on your boots . Well packed trail from lot to ice . I see no problems for wheelers in that area of the lake .

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish

Small crack

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
So it looks like Mr. shrinkage will be bringing a bucket if his 7 pepper chilli, (the ice my not be so safe at the end of the day), and my wife has volunteered a big pot of cusk chowder, caught in Sebago lake.

Any one else willing to help the icewoman out?

Offline Epkomd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
If anyone could pm me directions, I'd love to come give the big lake a try. Some pointers would be helpful too

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Gasblaster Following me around with his camera today. Boy You never Know!

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
Gasblaster Following me around with his camera today. Boy You never Know!

I was just attempting to get a picture of you with a fish and not just a story !!   Lol     

I must of just missed you down there . Next time your mine.

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That won't happen I had 8 fish on the ice and all slot fish had to put them all back. My new Tungsten jigs work good I'll have to go some where I don't have to throw those nice eating size back.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not sure bout you guys but I'm getting so stoked for this gathering!! ;D  Haven't fished Sebago yet this year, and can't wait to meet some of you!

QUIT WISHIN AND LETS GO FISHIN !!!

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
Not sure bout you guys but I'm getting so stoked for this gathering!! ;D  Haven't fished Sebago yet this year, and can't wait to meet some of you!

Might just be the opportunity you were looking for  ;)

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish

Wait a minute .What kind of party is this ??  I might have to stop by .

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That won't happen I had 8 fish on the ice and all slot fish had to put them all back. My new Tungsten jigs work good I'll have to go some where I don't have to throw those nice eating size back.

Should we believe you ?

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You don't have to believe me . It got a little damp cold feeling that storm coming in .  The last trip had the same thing happen. I'll have to go after some fresh water haddock soon Freezers getting low. It was a spur of the moment thing I did not even have any cut bait. But I always have had good action on an incoming storm.

Offline RealBigReel

• Team IceShanty Addict
Wait a minute .What kind of party is this ??  I might have to stop by .

She has been on a search for the elusive "Sebago" snow snake, it is much larger than your average snow snake and has been spotted near the songo sneaking up on unsuspecting fisherman. Few know this, but the icewoman is wise, and knows this might be her BEST opportunity!!

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Something ReelBig would be better than a chip on the ice.

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
She has been on a search for the elusive "Sebago" snow snake, it is much larger than your average snow snake and has been spotted near the songo sneaking up on unsuspecting fisherman. Few know this, but the icewoman is wise, and knows this might be her BEST opportunity!!

I think there is an opportunity for more action if your not so picky to restrict yourself to just the ever so elusive Sebago snow snakes.

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac

You're too funny!! ;D   

Being a minority of this group, I'm used of being teased  ::) ;D

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac

I can assure you that everyone will be safe!!  @)

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Park employees hear there are going to be a lot of people showing up they may man the toll both and charge for parking.

Offline Shrinkage

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I Fish Therefore I Am
The Park employees hear there are going to be a lot of people showing up they may man the toll both and charge for parking.
That's unconstitutional, unconscionable and just plain discriminstatory against Team Maine. We need an injunction. Any lawyers on the Team?  :tipup:
May God bless and keep you always, may your wishes all come true.
May you always do for others and let others do for you.
May you build a ladder to the stars and climb on every rung,
May your hands always be busy, may your feet always be swift.
May you have a strong foundation when the winds of changes shift.
May your heart always be joyful, may your songs always be sung.
May you stay forever young.

Offline tundra redneck

• Team IceShanty Regular
That small crack in your pic was about 2 feet wide open water last weekend. Looking like i wont make it.

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
That small crack in your pic was about 2 feet wide open water last weekend. Looking like i wont make it.

Yep those things can change fast . You don't need to go out as far as that do get to deep water .

Offline woodchip

• Team IceShanty Maniac
That pressure ridge off Sebago State park we were always able to go around it on the shore or beach.

Offline Sinnian

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • PM me

You are suppose to pay anyway

Offline hardwatergrampa

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Dustin has a wrestling meet on Saturday he is not happy about missing the meet and greet
in god we trust

Offline icewoman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
ONLY  2 days to go til  the "MAINE" event  ;D       :tipup: :tipup: :icefish: :tipup: :tipup:

DON'T miss out.....gonna be a fun time!!  Hope to see you there....Brenda :tipup:

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
I might be in the area and may stop by to say hi.  Anyone seen any ATVs heading out from the state park?  I'm hoping to bring the grizzly out but I don't enjoy getting her mired.
Thanks!
TT

Offline GasBlaster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Welcomes green fish
I might be in the area and may stop by to say hi.  Anyone seen any ATVs heading out from the state park?  I'm hoping to bring the grizzly out but I don't enjoy getting her mired.
Thanks!
TT

Should be good to go  . 4 wheeler tracks all over the place out there Tuesday.  Nice packed trail from the lot to the ice .

Offline fishingsurveyor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The pressure ridge looked a little sketchy yesterday afternoon by the point. Lots of water I suspect from the snow. Plenty of places to cross though just don't get to close to the left side on the way out from the launch

Offline TommyT

• Team IceShanty Regular
Awesome, thanks for the info.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.