Author Topic: St Norbert, Feb 15, 2015  (Read 946 times)

Offline kenmore63

• IceShanty Rookie
St Norbert, Feb 15, 2015
« on: Feb 15, 2015, 03:08 PM »
Showed up at the heritage park around 7:30. By the time I walked out, scouted a spot, and set up, it was after 8. With an orange jig and a salty on the dead stick, I was rippin cranks on the jiggin stick. A little before 9:30, I decided to abandon the cranks. Tossed on a glowing red tail flasher with a salty, and start jigging that. So, to recap, I spent my Sunday morning dragging my fish trap out onto the river, hand bombed 4 holes in 40"+ of ice, and now I'm sittin in the middle of a windy frozen river. Just when I start thinking "why do I do this again?" bang, solid hit on the jigging stick, and losing line fast. I tighten up the drag and start reeling. I see a pike head come out of the abyss "right on", then snap goes the line. I nearly knocked my fish trap over as I dove after it. Reached into the hole, pulled out a 25" pike. Over the next hour I managed another 20" pike. Then I packed it in for the day.

In conclusion:

Time fished: 8 am - 11 am approx
Depth fished: 10' on west side of Red
Fish caught: 2 Pike caught on jigging stick, dead stick was just that.
Why do I do this: Tranquility, with intermittent moments of chaos.

Offline LOWkid

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish, fish, gotta have fish!
Re: St Norbert, Feb 15, 2015
« Reply #1 on: Feb 15, 2015, 08:59 PM »
I 2nd that.  There's times I don't care if anything bites.  I'm not surrounded by cement, ringing phones, television, computers, complaining people and traffic.  Can't beat the fresh air and nature.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.