New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Best place to buy bulk minnows near westchester putnam  (Read 668 times)

Offline peterk814

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey guys, I know there are a couple of bait shops in and around westchester, but I was looking buy some bulk registered bait so I don't have to go back and forth from the shop all the time and to save a bit of coin.  Any recommendations on where y'all like to go?

Thanks

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Best place to buy bulk minnows near westchester putnam
« Reply #1 on: Feb 10, 2015, 12:32 AM »
Hey guys, I know there are a couple of bait shops in and around westchester, but I was looking buy some bulk registered bait so I don't have to go back and forth from the shop all the time and to save a bit of coin.  Any recommendations on where y'all like to go?

Thanks

Hi! Not to butt in, however, are you aware certified bait is only good for 10 days? Unless you are fishing a LOT, or distributing it to friends, and I'm not sure that is allowed (due to the fact that the bait recipt is issued to you, not others), you might just be wasting money.

Offline peterk814

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 10, 2015, 12:35 AM »
I am aware of the ten day rule.  I just figured since I go through 3-4 doz minnows a day fishing 3-4 days in a week that adds up rather quickly.  There are also days I would like to get on t he ice before the shop opens but can't get to the shop the night before. 

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 10, 2015, 04:53 AM »
you can get a bait dealers licence for about 24 bucks keep them in a tank and write your self a receipt every time you go out but there are no dealers in ny you have to get them from mass or buy them from the shot shop they have a lot of bait

Offline Hardwaternubie53

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 10, 2015, 08:21 AM »
I am aware of the ten day rule.  I just figured since I go through 3-4 doz minnows a day fishing 3-4 days in a week that adds up rather quickly.  There are also days I would like to get on t he ice before the shop opens but can't get to the shop the night before.

Like I said, sorry to butt in.

Offline peterk814

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 10, 2015, 09:36 AM »
Like I said, sorry to butt in.

No need to apologize!

Offline peterk814

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 10, 2015, 09:37 AM »
you can get a bait dealers licence for about 24 bucks keep them in a tank and write your self a receipt every time you go out but there are no dealers in ny you have to get them from mass or buy them from the shot shop they have a lot of bait

Any idea what the pricing is at the shot shop?  Do they only sell by the dozen or per lb

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 10, 2015, 10:27 AM »
i paid 5 and change for a dozen large

Offline peterk814

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2015, 09:52 AM »

Hey I was wondering where you got the 24 dollars from.  What I see on the NYS site is that its 2 dollars to resell bait if youre a NYS resident.

Are there additional licenses that i need?

Offline greensider

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 12, 2015, 03:48 PM »
i called albany and asked them if i git a licence and kept my own bait and wrote my own reciept would it be legal they said yes and said i just needed to pay the 24 bucks for a licence this was 2 years ago

Offline don519

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #10 on: Feb 26, 2015, 08:49 AM »
I don't know if this will help there is a bait distribution store in my neighborhood A1 bait supply 5425 grauer rd Niagara falls NY 14305 sorry I don't have his number and I don't know if he operates in your area ask for Ron

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.