New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Mendon Ponds in Monroe County  (Read 620 times)

Offline pikebait360

• IceShanty Rookie
Mendon Ponds in Monroe County
« on: Feb 05, 2015, 05:21 AM »
Has anyone fished Mendon ponds I hear the fishing is good for pike and bass.I have never fished there and I am thinking about going to the 100 acre pond.

Offline stinkfinger

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Mendon Ponds in Monroe County
« Reply #1 on: Feb 05, 2015, 08:58 AM »
I have fished there for many years. Panfish are always small and the pike and bass are rarely of size. I have had active days on the ponds there but not in the last couple years.

Offline Deggert60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Feb 05, 2015, 09:13 AM »
Fished there a couple times this year. 100 acre pond was active and saw people catching fish, just nothing sizeable. If you want action though, theres a good chance youll get one.
-Eggs

Offline pikebait360

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Feb 05, 2015, 06:30 PM »
Thanks for the information. It has been a slow season so far I will have to decide if the time spent will be worth the possible small catch.

Offline ZackeryB

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:52 PM »
Mendon Ponds has been hit or miss for me past few years.  Anything I have seen caught there is small though.

Offline jcrow75

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2015, 07:56 PM »
We went to the pond last weekend and got skunked. It was such a rotten day along with it. About three weeks ago we went and everyone got something. Pike, Bass, Sunnies, and Crappie were caught.
I like going there once in a while.

Offline Deggert60

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 26, 2015, 06:59 AM »
There was a die off a couple years ago because of there being too much snow on the pond for too long and the weeds couldn't get sunlight and produce oxygen. Many fish died, others just stayed inactive all year and didn't move to conserve energy. This was on 100 acre pond. So I think that's why the fish are all very small still. I did see a 28 inch pike come out of there earlier this year. I still believe the pond is in recovery mode tho.
-Eggs

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.