The ice fishing Wisconsin boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Help from my neighbors to the North  (Read 976 times)

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Help from my neighbors to the North
« on: Feb 03, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Hi all; I am looking to come North for some hard water fishing.  Ice in Illinois is not looking good.  Due to being out of state for work I have only been out twice.  With that said I am looking to hire a guide for a walleye, whitefish, or perch/panfish trip.  I would like to go out for 2 days would like to stay on the ice but not necessary.   Don't mind driving so doesn't matter what part of the state it is.  Can my fellow shanty members point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Help from my neighbors to the North
« Reply #1 on: Feb 04, 2015, 04:37 PM »
Bummer , 59 reads and not 1 reply.

Offline TIP DOWN BUD

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Feb 04, 2015, 05:02 PM »
Wish I could help more don't know any guides or know anyone who I would recommend. But your best bet would be to Google guides in the green bay area if those are the species your looking to catch.

Offline FilletShow

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Feb 04, 2015, 07:32 PM »
Try sandy bay resort, Dale Strochein in Green Bay.  Good place to sleep, eat, and fish, from what I'm told.

FS

Offline Ice Surveyor

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishing is Life.
« Reply #4 on: Feb 04, 2015, 09:17 PM »
You mentioned white fish.  The only place I know of to catch white fish is Green Bay.  Try searching the Madison Craigslist for "Ice Fish Green Bay" once.  You will find many decent guides doing this.  Good luck, go Bucky!

Offline Big Chip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 11, 2015, 07:23 AM »
How far north are you looking to go? I'm a guide in the Hayward area. And yes, there is whitefish in whitefish Lake outside of Stone Lake, Wi.

BC

Offline hardwatercrazy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Feb 11, 2015, 12:25 PM »
That's doable.  I spent a lot of time North of there in cable when I was younger.  When you get a few more posts you can pm me.

Offline Big Chip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 12, 2015, 11:23 AM »
Right, Im a newbie here. wished I would of found this site sooner. look me up on Lake Link for my credentials under Chippewa flowage. Sawyer co. wi. I fish open water season out of there but ice fish the rest of lakes around it. I do have a question though.. how do you subscribe to all the Wisconsin posts or even one, like this one. Cant figure it out.

Thxs
BC

Offline Big Chip

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 12, 2015, 11:25 AM »
Funny, I just seen the "notify" button way at the bottom. That answers that question. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.