Author Topic: Infinite Thread  (Read 134712 times)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Kicked Off Town Lake by Police
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:46 AM »
Just so you know, I don't think you are a "scourge on society" or a criminal. Your post plainly stated that you knew you broke the law(maybe it's a ban?), and you didn't like the fact someone reported your doing so. It wasn't the other guys fault you broke the law, it was yours. Take responsibility and admit you were wrong. Accept that, and don't fish there again until it is legal/allowed. That is life. If you need a place to play baseball, or fish legally, come on over to PA, we have lots of legal spots to do both.
have you ever went over the speed limit Mr perfect?

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:47 AM »
I hope you never ever speed or give the police reasons to stop you for doing stupid things like running stop signs.  Otherwise I guess you are just on the same downhill path as me.

If I were to get a ticket (and I've gotten a couple), I wouldn't blame it on the police. I was the one behind the wheel. Be responsible for your actions.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:48 AM »
first remove the auger that is in thine own eye then thou shalt see clearly to remove the ice pick that is in thy brothers eye

This is what happens when we have winter weather advisories.  ;D

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:48 AM »
If I were to get a ticket (and I've gotten a couple), I wouldn't blame it on the police. I was the one behind the wheel. Be responsible for your actions.
so you admit that you break the law too so what's the difference?

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:49 AM »
at least you didnt get shot! lol

bummer NWI , but like others said, its an insurence deal im sure. good luck.  thank the 80s and all its law suites brotha.
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:49 AM »
Just so you know, I don't think you are a "scourge on society" or a criminal. Your post plainly stated that you knew you broke the law(maybe it's a ban?), and you didn't like the fact someone reported your doing so. It wasn't the other guys fault you broke the law, it was yours. Take responsibility and admit you were wrong. Accept that, and don't fish there again until it is legal/allowed. That is life. If you need a place to play baseball, or fish legally, come on over to PA, we have lots of legal spots to do both.

Just posting about a stupid town making stupid rules taking away simple freedoms.  The kids in NWI are mostly incapable of doing anything except playing COD and I want to fish without having to drive hours to do so.  So what?  I am not looking for your sympathy.  I will continue to break the law until I am threatened with arrest.  I feel like I should be able to fish any place that is paid for by taxpayer money and judging by all the stuff happening elsewhere, I don't really see a reason to care about the ice fishing ban.  I will just do a better job to remain hidden next time.

This is my contribution to the thread with a couple of pics to boot.  If my post is driving you this crazy, maybe you should just unsee it and move along.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:52 AM »
have you ever went over the speed limit Mr perfect?

He knew the law, and broke it. It's his fault, not the guy who reported him. I'm not perfect. I just accept responsibility for my own actions. What is so difficult to understand that concept?

Offline DannyBoy74

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:54 AM »
Eddie Spaghetti this type of law is because of such a litigious society and has a much broader implication of how our society is headed. So as an American society we need to worry about an ice fisherman? Like I posted previously, way way more important issues out there.   

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:57 AM »
wrong danny boy------wrong-----so because we have bigger problems in the world---we should each one of us just fish any fish in any season we want

Offline fishbone

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:59 AM »
dont forget his biggest gripe was that he missed the evening crappie bite-----guess his poaching got interrupted?

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2015, 08:59 AM »
so you admit that you break the law too so what's the difference?

It wasn't the cops fault I was speeding, and I knew it. NWI's response is, why don't others mind their own business? If you can't understand the difference, I can't help you. Sorry, to ruffle your feathers.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:00 AM »
wrong danny boy------wrong-----so because we have bigger problems in the world---we should each one of us just fish any fish in any season we want

What are you talking about?  There is no season on crappie in Indiana.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:01 AM »
Boo hoo. Take him directly to the courthouse lawn for hanging. He's a very big threat to society and we can't have this kind of actions. Put him to death immediately lmao

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:01 AM »
It wasn't the cops fault I was speeding, and I knew it. NWI's response is, why don't others mind their own business? If you can't understand the difference, I can't help you. Sorry, to ruffle your feathers.

You are probably the guy who calls the police on school children walking on your grass too.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:03 AM »
What are you talking about?  There is no season on crappie in Indiana.

The lake is closed to ice fishing, wouldn't any fish taken while breaking this law be akin to poaching?

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:05 AM »
The lake is closed to ice fishing, wouldn't any fish taken while breaking this law be akin to poaching?

It is not private property, so the fishing would be subject to the laws of the state.  It is under the jurisdiction of a local municipality - owned by the people. 

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:06 AM »
All fish,deer,birds,are owned by your state.  That makes you a "POACHER" Get it yet!!!!
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:07 AM »
All fish,deer,birds,are owned by your state.  That makes you a "POACHER" Get it yet!!!!

No I don't get it because I am licensed to fish in the state of Indiana.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Poach or not this is funnnnnn ::) ::) ::) :o ;D ;D

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:08 AM »
You are probably the guy who calls the police on school children walking on your grass too.

No you must have me mixed up with someone else. 

Offline IM-POUNDING- R -U

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:08 AM »
Another left behind. So sad,
10% of the fisherman catch 90% of the fish .....im a 10% are you?

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #51 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:12 AM »
Poach or not this is funnnnnn ::) ::) ::) :o ;D ;D

Heh yep.  I wish I could continue to play with the trolls but I am going to go out and throw some snow and then I will come back later.  Too bad there is a blizzard coming, or else I just may go try to get pics of me with a couple fish this time and break an ordinance or two.  (I had a beer or 6 with me in the shelter - against park rules!)

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:14 AM »
Omg. And he drinks BEER!!!!!

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:14 AM »
take your dog too, and dont pick it up.  fish pics buy the sign pls. lol
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:15 AM »

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:17 AM »
It is not private property, so the fishing would be subject to the laws of the state.  It is under the jurisdiction of a local municipality - owned by the people.

Not that it matters, but the lake is owned by the people of a municipality where you do not pay taxes (isn't that what you stated)? If a lake is closed to fishing, I doubt the state f&g laws apply. Only when the lake would be open do the state laws apply. Not that I want to see this happen to you, but I'd be interested to know how your DNR, Fish Commission (the governing body) would react to your keeping any fish you caught (if you did) on this lake.

A couple things you might want to take away from your experience:
Lesson #1 Take responsibility for your own actions.
Lesson #2 Be careful what you post online. You never know who might read it.

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #56 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:18 AM »

I like this idea!  I will have to borrow someone elses dog and take them by the properties nearest to the lake hah!!!  I think I can make pics of my catch by the No Ice Fishing sign happen before the end of the season... 

Offline NWI_Angler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #57 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:19 AM »
Not that it matters, but the lake is owned by the people of a municipality where you do not pay taxes (isn't that what you stated)? If a lake is closed to fishing, I doubt the state f&g laws apply. Only when the lake would be open do the state laws apply. Not that I want to see this happen to you, but I'd be interested to know how your DNR, Fish Commission (the governing body) would react to your keeping any fish you caught (if you did) on this lake.

A couple things you might want to take away from your experience:
Lesson #1 Take responsibility for your own actions.
Lesson #2 Be careful what you post online. You never know who might read it.

::)

I pay plenty of taxes in Indiana thank you.

Offline Eddie Spaghetti

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:20 AM »

Fish pics with a can of beer in one hand, the no fishing sign in the pic, and the police car in the background. Priceless!  ;D

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #59 on: Feb 01, 2015, 09:21 AM »
This thread is way hotter than the gravel pits ever thought about being carry on😉

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.