The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Anyone been out to Stump Lake?  (Read 1667 times)

Offline mnduckngoose

• IceShanty Rookie
Anyone been out to Stump Lake?
« on: Jan 30, 2015, 02:07 PM »
Heading out this afternoon after class for the weekend. Was planning on fishing devils lake but with the tournament going on saturday, i dont want to deal with crowds and trying to find a hotel room so I am going to go to stump lake. Has anyone been out there recently? Anybody have any tips for types of structure or depths to look for? Perch, Walleye, Pike, I'm not picky. Anything that gives a good tug on the line.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Anyone been out to Stump Lake?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30, 2015, 02:36 PM »
Stump lake what state? You're in the general forum.
 Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline Bucket Brigade

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Wait...I have a bite
« Reply #2 on: Jan 30, 2015, 02:48 PM »
I've been to Trunk Lake over by the hill and it was good...
When there is ice on the lakes, I never make employee of the month!

Offline mnduckngoose

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2015, 03:07 PM »
Sorry I realize I should have specified further. Stump lake in North Dakota by devils lake. I figured it would have been easy to figure that out since devils lake is mentioned in the post and stump lake is a fairly large lake right by devils.

Offline rgfixit

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2015, 03:12 PM »
Well....we cover most of North America and a couple of countries abroad. Ill move this to the ND forum so you can get some info.

Rg
"Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?"

Offline SeisMec

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'd rather be fishing!
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2015, 07:18 AM »
Sorry I realize I should have specified further. Stump lake in North Dakota by devils lake. I figured it would have been easy to figure that out since devils lake is mentioned in the post and stump lake is a fairly large lake right by devils.

It helps if you put your location to at least say ND.  That said I haven't been over there in a couple of years. You might try sending Eyes R Bitin a PM and check out Perch Patrols website for fishing reports. Also check fishingbuddy for reports.

Offline thorson

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 31, 2015, 09:17 PM »
PP website states that no further reports will be given on heir site as of yesterday??
Life is short, fish hard!

Offline Markenum

• IceShanty Rookie
  • IceHole
« Reply #7 on: Feb 05, 2015, 02:06 PM »
Reports I have read have been lacking to say the least. In my opinion there hasn't been a hot bite all year at Devils Lake or Stump. But if you're choosing between the two stump probably is the better option. I've been to Devils about 8 times this season drilling hundreds of holes with limited success. If you have the time I'd explore the smaller "chain" lakes connected to Devils. Most locals keep them a secret and I cannot turn you onto any in particular but they can have hefty walleyes in numbers.

If you do goto Devils Lake, six mile has been the best for me this year. Doc Hagens point

Offline NodakBuckeye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 05, 2015, 04:04 PM »
Going to Devils lake in 2 weeks.  Dad and Uncle flying in for first ever ice fishing.  Hope we can get a few.  We are staying at Woodlands.  Never fished there and if it slow at least I can spend some time with my dad and uncle.  Will post how we do.

You can check Woodland's website, they post a fishing report every 10-14 days.  I know it is not Stump specific but should give ya some ideas.

Offline BowHunter1527

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 08, 2015, 09:28 PM »
I posted a report on the lake and areas from last month and from what ive been told nothing has really changed. Stump is producing but just for perch in general not necessarily the big jumbos like everyone wants.
"Did you  clip your barbs,  you remember to clip your barbs."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.