Author Topic: new to fishing deep creek  (Read 1732 times)

Offline nerambler

• IceShanty Rookie
new to fishing deep creek
« on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:05 PM »
New to the blog and new to fishing deep creek - fished up in New England for years.  Looking to take daughter fishing on Sunday and find a safe spot to put in a few tip ups.  Any recommendations on locations and a place to pick up bait?  I am looking online for info but figured I would ask for some local help.  thanks in advance

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: new to fishing deep creek
« Reply #1 on: Jan 29, 2015, 09:16 PM »
The easiest access is from the State Park. Just look for other fishermen. You'll catch perch, pike, walleyes & bluegills. Best place to park is in dnr office lot just past bridge, or along road across cove from the State Park

Offline sapidusandsuds

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 29, 2015, 10:09 PM »
New to forum but know the lake well -- one thing to be wary of is attempting to park in lower lot near state park boat ramps. Park has been giving 'warnings' to folks for parking there. You could drive down there to unload then leave your vehicle in upper lot -- just note that they don't always plow the lower lot near the ramps. Nonetheless, as old school said, good fishing all around that area and parking at the office or Discovery Center is as good as any place.

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Jan 30, 2015, 07:33 AM »
Last year they locked Discovery Center at dark

Offline nerambler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Jan 30, 2015, 10:04 AM »
Thanks for the info guys, I appreciate it.  I was planning on fishing shiners, is there a bait shop around the area?  I looked online last night and didn't have much luck finding a location.

Offline Old School

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Jan 30, 2015, 11:52 AM »
nicklows is best. just north of 68.  deep creek outfitters is convenient but expensive. most dcl fishermen use medium fatheads

Offline Denuh Vance

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Feb 03, 2015, 09:44 AM »
I am a Deep Creek noob as well, would it be alright to fish this area during the weekend or does the location you mention get super crowded?

Offline wvengineer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 03, 2015, 12:06 PM »
I am a Deep Creek noob as well, would it be alright to fish this area during the weekend or does the location you mention get super crowded?

Last Friday it wasn't crowded.   ;)

Offline nerambler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 06, 2015, 12:48 PM »
I went on last Sunday and it wasn't too bad.  There was room to fish.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.